SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

If really can do a similar one, at a cheaper price than Seng Kwang, I believe a lot of the FJRians will be interested.

I, for sure, will be interested, cos the "plastic black piece" (on the pannier) which our lock (just besides the pannier handle) locked onto, is cracked. I always wanted to change both the "plastic black piece" of the two boxes to metal ones (from Seng Kwang). But was quite off by the price, that some FJRian mentioned here, that Seng Kwang charged. S$90 - S$100 per piece is a bit of day-light robbery. :giddy:

You are veeerrry right, bro. Maybe we can approach some shop to do this special job for us and guarantee them that if they offer a good price, many members of the FJR community will come to them.

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to JB today to top up tank for the 1st time since getting my bike. Wah, what a scary experience it was, just trying to make sure I dun kena scratch my side-panniers anywhere. Realised that I can't use the BIKES queue anymore as the lane is too narrow. And turning ard the booths is also scary. Have to make a wider turning angle macam driving long lorry. Next time go JB must go without the side-panniers.

1.) AshenZ (Galaxy BLue) aka BG, AY9999R

2.) Teamlm (Storm Silver) aka Denrick Liew, FZ18S

3.) Mutant_sheep (Storm Silver) aka ah pui, FU7A

4.) FJRider (Galaxy Blue) aka Jason, FY8668T

5.) Rahman (Galaxy Blue)aka Rahman, FG786H

6.) Terry (Techno Jade) aka Terry, FY2997H

7.) Omnislash (Maroon) aka Chua, FW8437

8.) Sonic seed (Silver) aka Elliot, FU6008A

9.) Rebornbiker (Techno Jade) aka Marcus, FX2055G

10.) SpEr (Storm Silver) FX4168B

11.) deanz4 (Maroon) aka Dean, FBA7854C(Metallic Desert

12.) ThongKH (Silver) FV5789

13.) Capirexx (white) aka Danny, FT7004

14.) Ezkenky (Blue) aka Ken , Fm9998Y

15.) Ant44 aka Anthony, AT44

16.) Cryptic aka Ram, (GalaxyBlue) FE 900 E

17.) Happy_cookies 06' (Grey) aka Steve, FU8288C

18.) Zamani (Silver Storm), FBB7732R

19.) arul_007 (Silver) Arul , FX 2035P

20.) new_surfer (Silver '06) FBB 745 A aka Sophian

21.) Zamani (Silver Storm), FBB7732R

22.) The Intelligence aka Riz FBC 362

23.)comot1300 aka si budak dol aka Ramlan(storm silver)FX 3404 B

24.)chuckychan aka Chan(silver/blue)FZ 8727 B

25.) surfnsplash aka shahlin (silver) FBB9644Z

26.) Teddy [05'GalaxyBlue] FZ6662S

bro fuzz update yr nick le..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/inflames85/funny.gif

ya fuzz u have to take out yr pinner or else will get scratches but i gone in before with my pinners the cup will give chance one lah.. if u cant move they also cant moved..

as for the BIKES can go in but ssloowly lar need skill as it is just nice,,,

If really can do a similar one, at a cheaper price than Seng Kwang, I believe a lot of the FJRians will be interested.

I, for sure, will be interested, cos the "plastic black piece" (on the pannier) which our lock (just besides the pannier handle) locked onto, is cracked. I always wanted to change both the "plastic black piece" of the two boxes to metal ones (from Seng Kwang). But was quite off by the price, that some FJRian mentioned here, that Seng Kwang charged. S$90 - S$100 per piece is a bit of day-light robbery. :giddy:

bro i can try to see if my friend can do it not but really ah i need some picture as he is quite buzy and no time to see seee look look.. he will just do onl...

so anyone have picture..

I went to JB today to top up tank for the 1st time since getting my bike. Wah, what a scary experience it was, just trying to make sure I dun kena scratch my side-panniers anywhere. Realised that I can't use the BIKES queue anymore as the lane is too narrow. And turning ard the booths is also scary. Have to make a wider turning angle macam driving long lorry. Next time go JB must go without the side-panniers.

dats y i religiously go 2nd link instead of Woodlands.

No queue during off-peak hrs, no hastle, no kupchai to langgar u.

Dun mind paying the extra tol for this hassle free experience.

2nd day i bot my bike, went to Woodlands, had a horrifying experience.

The kups wud langgar ur bike like nobody business. Even crashed my side mirror without even saying sorrie.

Fuggers!

The Road less Travelled

http://multiply.com/mu/aaronazmi/image/1/photos/177/600x600/51/PIC-0105-1.JPG?et=EPg%2B7KSmSyqSCJnhbA%2C62w&nmid=309411908

You are veeerrry right, bro. Maybe we can approach some shop to do this special job for us and guarantee them that if they offer a good price, many members of the FJR community will come to them.

Well, then we can do MO for that... everyone will benefit. any lobang so far?

There's no security in life... Just opportunity...

"... Have to make a wider turning angle macam driving long lorry. Next time go JB must go without the side-panniers.

Yes, I agree. I also have to make a slightly wider angle when turning, esp when doing U-turn. After that one fateful incident when I turn "normally", not wide enough, I drop my ride onto the right side and ended up with a S$280 re-spray of my right fairing. After that, I have learnt to do a widewr turning.

Sometimes, I kiasu, I even find myself keeping slightly to the left when turning right or U-turn and keep slightly to the right when turning left.. haha...

The kups wud langgar ur bike like nobody business. Even crashed my side mirror without even saying sorrie.

Fuggers!

I agree with Zamani. That's my friends and I seldom go to Woodlands for gas up nowadays. We rather pay the tow of S$0.60 and RM1.30 than to get our bikes langgar by kups.

BTW, I read it somewhere that the tow for 2nd Link increasing right? To S$0.70, right? How about the M'sia side?? RM1.50??

Any idea when will it start??

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

I agree with Zamani. That's my friends and I seldom go to Woodlands for gas up nowadays. We rather pay the tow of S$0.60 and RM1.30 than to get our bikes langgar by kups.

BTW, I read it somewhere that the tow for 2nd Link increasing right? To S$0.70, right? How about the M'sia side?? RM1.50??

M'sia toll now RM$1.60 bro.

WEF 1 Feb, Tuas cashcard toll will increase to SG$0.70.

But i wil still go to Tuas lah. Normally go there every Tues and Fri or Sat nites, 10+pm onwards.

The Road less Travelled

http://multiply.com/mu/aaronazmi/image/1/photos/177/600x600/51/PIC-0105-1.JPG?et=EPg%2B7KSmSyqSCJnhbA%2C62w&nmid=309411908

Brother, avoid the causeway at all cost.

Not worth it with all the time wasted queing behind those kup chais.

They have nothing to loose while you have everything to loose. Your panniers can buy almost two of those kup chais :angel:

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

M'sia toll now RM$1.60 bro.

WEF 1 Feb, Tuas cashcard toll will increase to SG$0.70.

But i wil still go to Tuas lah. Normally go there every Tues and Fri or Sat nites, 10+pm onwards.

I am going in tomorrow morning, sure the toll was already increased now? :faint:

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

try to avoid peak hours at woodland, thats i will say.

Yeah u said the rights words...woodlands causeway can still serve FJR/s but must be a little careful as road is a little narrow for fjr... For BIKES still can la... just go at a slow speed will do the job... I go jb via woodlands most of the time. & yes i often use the BIKES lane too...

I am going in tomorrow morning, sure the toll was already increased now? :faint:

Toll for M'sia has already increased wef 01/01/2008.

Toll for SG Tuas will increase wef 01/02/2008.

Happy Riding to all..

My dream bikes...:thumb:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/new_surfer/At-Fjr-Concours.jpg

Updates,

Just came back from HKL, yea she's opened up and looks like even if i had the money which is around 5K the parts are not easy to come by, HL Quote at least 1 to 2 months to come by, Ah keong told me to look in Ebay, see if i can get header valve set on a second hand from overseas (i saw a link here previously) if you guys can locate it, do post it up again.

The pistons are okie, but the small tubes inside the head called the valves block, all seem to be dented, i'm kinder searching for other sources if there is any help do drop me an sms @ 94598436. Thank you,

Reasons for why it happened, Ah Keong says i'm "lucky", His never seen such an incident happen since his mechanic days since 01. And he recommends Oil change frequently once i've done it up.

And Nakano, yea will have to change the tires too.

http://images.cryptic.multiply.com/image/3/photos/3/600x600/15.JPGMy Rides :

Black XJ-6 Diversion *Elisa* ( Jan 12' - Current )

Galaxy Blue FJR1300A ABS *Dorothy* ( Jul 07' - Dec 2011 )

Black Super 4 V Tech II *Jessica* ( Apr 05' - Jul 07' )

Yz designed DTWR 200 *Jennifer* ( Feb 04' - Dec 2009 )

Subaru Justy / White WR2 *REVOKED* (Feb 98' till Mar 00')

Updates,

Just came back from HKL, yea she's opened up and looks like even if i had the money which is around 5K the parts are not easy to come by, HL Quote at least 1 to 2 months to come by, Ah keong told me to look in Ebay, see if i can get header valve set on a second hand from overseas (i saw a link here previously) if you guys can locate it, do post it up again.

The pistons are okie, but the small tubes inside the head called the valves block, all seem to be dented, i'm kinder searching for other sources if there is any help do drop me an sms @ 94598436. Thank you,

Reasons for why it happened, Ah Keong says i'm "lucky", His never seen such an incident happen since his mechanic days since 01. And he recommends Oil change frequently once i've done it up.

bad... bad... bad...

:sian: :sian: :sian:

My Ride:

Phantom 200 ( Jun 04' - 28th Jan 05')

Super 4 Spec III (28th Jan 05 - 14th July 06)..Defender Jr.

Silver Storm FJR1300A ABS (14th July 06)..Defender

Where I been Done..

06' 3NCR ( Sg - Betong - Phuket - Hatyai )

07' MHS ( Sg - Hatyai - Hua Hin - CM - MS - GT - Doi Tung - MHS - Doi Ithanon )

08' Phuket ( Sg - Phuket - Hatyai )

See my ride @ happycookies.multiply.com :thumb:

Updates,

izzit due to timing chain broken?

Yes, I agree. I also have to make a slightly wider angle when turning, esp when doing U-turn. After that one fateful incident when I turn "normally", not wide enough, I drop my ride onto the right side and ended up with a S$280 re-spray of my right fairing. After that, I have learnt to do a widewr turning.

Sometimes, I kiasu, I even find myself keeping slightly to the left when turning right or U-turn and keep slightly to the right when turning left.. haha...

i think the toll now is 1.60RM

izzit due to timing chain broken?

From Ah Keong's outlook he said the timing chain seems okie and it's not broken off when it was taking it off, so don't knw what caused such a major problem.

What is the cause of this major problem?

I don't think it is due to lubricating oil change interval.

As long as there are lub oil inside the engine, should be alright.

Less frequent oil change will only cause oil to loose it's lubricating properties and more wear to moving parts.

From Ah Keong's outlook he said the timing chain seems okie and it's not broken off when it was taking it off, so don't knw what caused such a major problem.

izzit due to tensioner?

did the engine producing loud noise b4 it fail? & u ignore the loud noise & keep wacking it?

HL mech did told me that when tensioner fail the timing chain will loose, & if the 1 keep wacking it might cause the timing to jump, if minor might cost lost power, major could lead to case like urs.

hope every1 know what im talking. :cheeky:

bro fuzz update yr nick le..

I did bro. I updated 2 wks ago. Somehow, along the way it got "lost" when someone copied an older list. I've copied Teddy's list, since its the most recent one.

1.) AshenZ (Galaxy BLue) aka BG, AY9999R

2.) Teamlm (Storm Silver) aka Denrick Liew, FZ18S

3.) Mutant_sheep (Storm Silver) aka ah pui, FU7A

4.) FJRider (Galaxy Blue) aka Jason, FY8668T

5.) Rahman (Galaxy Blue)aka Rahman, FG786H

6.) Terry (Techno Jade) aka Terry, FY2997H

7.) Omnislash (Maroon) aka Chua, FW8437

8.) Sonic seed (Silver) aka Elliot, FU6008A

9.) Rebornbiker (Techno Jade) aka Marcus, FX2055G

10.) SpEr (Storm Silver) FX4168B

11.) deanz4 (Maroon) aka Dean, FBA7854C(Metallic Desert

12.) ThongKH (Silver) FV5789

13.) Capirexx (white) aka Danny, FT7004

14.) Ezkenky (Blue) aka Ken , Fm9998Y

15.) Ant44 aka Anthony, AT44

16.) Cryptic aka Ram, (GalaxyBlue) FE 900 E

17.) Happy_cookies 06' (Grey) aka Steve, FU8288C

18.) Zamani (Silver Storm), FBB7732R

19.) arul_007 (Silver) Arul , FX 2035P

20.) new_surfer (Silver '06) FBB 745 A aka Sophian

21.) Zamani (Silver Storm), FBB7732R

22.) The Intelligence aka Riz FBC 362

23.)comot1300 aka si budak dol aka Ramlan(storm silver)FX 3404 B

24.)chuckychan aka Chan(silver/blue)FZ 8727 B

25.) surfnsplash aka shahlin (silver) FBB9644Z

26.) Teddy [05'GalaxyBlue] FZ6662S

27.) Fuzz (Midnight Black) FX979D

Fuggers!

Sigh....I live in Woodlands. No sense in me going all the way to 2nd link and back just for fuel when 1st link so near. Think best way is to go during off-peak times, and preferably without side-panniers. Must practice skill-riding without boxes in BIKES lane first.

But the BIKES lanes sometimes **** up too. On my way back, the queue was pretty long at the BIKES lane but there were at most only 2 bikes at each normal counter!

What is the cause of this major problem?

I don't think it is due to lubricating oil change interval.

As long as there are lub oil inside the engine, should be alright.

Less frequent oil change will only cause oil to loose it's lubricating properties and more wear to moving parts.

Bro i seriously agree, i totally replied Ah Keong i couldn't be the engine oil, i'm actually with BP/CASTROL (Engine oil buiness) and for the past 8 yrs experience, no amount of complaints have i come to see this kinder a problem for engine oil change

If you do have a chance, can take a pic of the defects? I can tok it over with my mechanic. Just for interest sake.

I think someone ask to to take a pic on the lock seng kwang did for me. I'll do it when i have the chance. Btw, the piece that seng kwang did is the underneath piece, not the outside piece.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

izzit due to tensioner?

did the engine producing loud noise b4 it fail? & u ignore the loud noise & keep wacking it?

Bro, it did make a very loud noise, but immediately after that, the engine didn't work and it stalled, i didn't have an chance to wack it la...i suspect the problem was with the tensioner the time i sent it for sycronising, becos the rev was at around 2rpm.