SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there, mine cost around 23.2K for machine price (with COE) alone. Plus all the extras like insurance, transfer fee, road tax, GST, etc, it comes to about 25K plus.

I did notice an advert in SBF itself selling a '04 model for 16K around May this year. It looked awesome with alot of accessories, but I didn't have cash then and it was troublesome having to source for my own finance, otherwise I might have taken that one.

Oohh... SHiit... stop it stop it.. I can't hold it man...

I still looking ard and can't make a decision.

I BoRn tO be Perfect BuT EducaTion Ruined mE - AspMonK

lucky u hv get ur self an 06' :cheeky:

that is proven that 06' & above works better then 05' & below :cry: :cry:

& remember i thing all my FJR fellows, this bike is a working horse, is not a race horse. So pls don't intend to use it to outrun a sportbikes. :cheeky:

don't believe go try with busa, sure will kena left right up down center :cheeky:

mine is an '08 model bro, not '06.

I agree with you that its not advisable to use this bike to race, but rather to enjoy the power & comfort. One thing I noticed is that the heat is really quite terok. I knew that FJRs generally release alot of heat, but today I realised its not advisable for both rider & pillion to use slippers/sandals. Shoes are the best. When the bike stops at a traffic light, the heat is pretty strong.

But nevertheless, its still an awesome ride! :thumb:

wats the difference 06, 07 & 08? any special feature?

The differences are very minor. Different colours too. Maybe at our next meet-up can compare and see what the difference is. I know '06 model got gold colour, which '07 & '08 don't have. '08 models don't have the maroon one which '07 has.

Bro Fuzz,

Yours 08 version ah?

The one which is clutchless is it?

With the YCC-S chip in it??

I enquired with HL they say only bringing it in February 08...

Can advise me where u got urs?

Thanks!!

2004 - 2006 = Honda Phantom TA200

2006 - 2008 = Yamaha Dragstar Classic 400

2008 - ???? = FJR1300ABS / 08 (hereinafter conferred the name of the 'Black Berserker')

Bro Fuzz,

Yours 08 version ah?

The one which is clutchless is it?

With the YCC-S chip in it??

I enquired with HL they say only bringing it in February 08...

Can advise me where u got urs?

Thanks!!

The '08 model advertised on the website has the clutchless system, but the machines that have been brought in do not carry that system. I asked the guy at HL when I went to fit my side-boxes abt it, and he said the FJR models coming to this part of the world do not have that system, and only those going to USA, UK & Australia have it coz of the nature of their long roads (I argued that we also have the NSH to play on!). That system is meant for long-haul rides with minimal stoppages, unlike our situation in traffic-light infested Spore. He also added that I'm much better off without it coz the cost of repairs for any faults in the clutchless system is very high. Any faults would mean the entire system has to be changed and not just particular parts.

There are quite a few places bringing it in now. You can try Mah Motors also. I got mine from Everbright at Eunos.

Hmmm....

Thats weird....

An email correspondence I had with HL revealed that they bringing the 08 with the new system in Feb 08....

I guess I'll drop by personally to enquire....

Otherwise, it will be fruitless for me to wait till Feb to get my long awaited FJR.......

hehe....

2004 - 2006 = Honda Phantom TA200

2006 - 2008 = Yamaha Dragstar Classic 400

2008 - ???? = FJR1300ABS / 08 (hereinafter conferred the name of the 'Black Berserker')

Hmmm....

Thats weird....

An email correspondence I had with HL revealed that they bringing the 08 with the new system in Feb 08....

Otherwise, it will be fruitless for me to wait till Feb to get my long awaited FJR.......

hehe....

bro, gud luck wif your finding~

:cool:

Hmmm....

Thats weird....

hehe....

the clutchless or AE model could cost u 30K or above :giddy:

mine is an '08 model bro, not '06.

I agree with you that its not advisable to use this bike to race, but rather to enjoy the power & comfort. One thing I noticed is that the heat is really quite terok. I knew that FJRs generally release alot of heat, but today I realised its not advisable for both rider & pillion to use slippers/sandals. Shoes are the best. When the bike stops at a traffic light, the heat is pretty strong.

But nevertheless, its still an awesome ride! :thumb:

:angel: Gotta get used to the heat.

Now can wear slippers cos weather cooling nowadays.

Passed by a TP road block last night while on my way home, was worried will kena 'F' for wearing improper attire but wat to do? Nowadays keep raining and raining, all my covered shoes are wet! :angry:

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

I've taken a look at the parts catalogue. There's an oil seal and o-ring. The mating surface no gasket one. Its quite a clever design actually. The hole is meant to let the oil leak out if the o-ring is worn so that you will know.

I check with auto for the parts tmr. Sianz... Den I'll go find my mechanic.

Bro..the part number should be 214-11198-01 (Drain Plug Washer).

Bought a few from AM in Jul 06 but didnt manage to use all till now cos mechanic says never leak, no need waste money. Mine so far ok leh.

Oh ya..per piece is S$1.50 only nia.

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

yup yup, now I get to feel first-hand why u guys love ur FJRs so much. Its awesome :lovestruck:

Just need to get used to the extra-large rear. Have to keep reminding myself not to try and squeeze between vehicles like I used to with my Super4.

Dun worry, you'll get use to it....:goodluck:

There's no security in life... Just opportunity...

Anyone know where is the bike shop 'southern'? Heard from one of my frens that a lot of FJRs went to service there.... anyone of you sevice there?

There's no security in life... Just opportunity...

Anyone know where is the bike shop 'southern'? Heard from one of my frens that a lot of FJRs went to service there.... anyone of you sevice there?

imo, if bike kana screw up by the old man there is priceless :cheeky:

anyway to clarify, i hv super bad experience with that shop. i believe others will agree what i say too..

hahah good for everbody enjoying yr ridde okay.. next 2 month i will enjoy my leo vince pipe...hahha just get a carbon fiber one.. for 1200 only.. hahaha cant wait...:cheeky: :dozed:

i think in singapore only 2 fjr is on leo vince...hahaha me and my friend

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/inflames85/funny.gif

The '08 model advertised on the website has the clutchless system, but the machines that have been brought in do not carry that system. I asked the guy at HL when I went to fit my side-boxes abt it, and he said the FJR models coming to this part of the world do not have that system, and only those going to USA, UK & Australia have it coz of the nature of their long roads (I argued that we also have the NSH to play on!). That system is meant for long-haul rides with minimal stoppages, unlike our situation in traffic-light infested Spore. He also added that I'm much better off without it coz the cost of repairs for any faults in the clutchless system is very high. Any faults would mean the entire system has to be changed and not just particular parts.

There are quite a few places bringing it in now. You can try Mah Motors also. I got mine from Everbright at Eunos.

Very true. Even Australia's long roads can't fight with our NSH. Sure the highways are so long that the name changes in between, BUT, the highways have to go through towns and traffic lights too!

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

bo leh.. got pic to see see?

"Damn, my final drive oil is leaking through a hole at the swing arm. Anyone had this problem before? Especially the older FJRs?

Capi, you got this problem?"

Nvm lah. I know whats wrong liao. Thanx.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

Bro..the part number should be 214-11198-01 (Drain Plug Washer).

Bought a few from AM in Jul 06 but didnt manage to use all till now cos mechanic says never leak, no need waste money. Mine so far ok leh.

Oh ya..per piece is S$1.50 only nia.

Mine is not leaking from there. If you look under your swing arm near the hub side, you see a hole. Its meant to drain off your hub oil if it manages to leak to your shaft housing. Otherwise, your entire shaft housing will be flooded with oil and worst, you wouldn't even know your final drive oil is depleting.

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

hahah good for everbody enjoying yr ridde okay.. next 2 month i will enjoy my leo vince pipe...hahha just get a carbon fiber one.. for 1200 only.. hahaha cant wait...:cheeky: :dozed:

i think in singapore only 2 fjr is on leo vince...hahaha me and my friend

Legal anot?

confirm bro its legal.. ask the the person who brought the pipe(sporting motors) thousand times,,,,hehheeh

i think he got pissed off by me too because i keep asking..

he say that he have the papers.. approval from LTA.

its nice and cheaper then the killer remus..

it took me 2 yrs to think whether i should get pipe due to the price

when i got to know that leo vince is okay..i quickly deposit the pipe...hehhee

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/inflames85/funny.gif

confirm bro its legal.. ask the the person who brought the pipe(sporting motors) thousand times,,,,hehheeh

i think he got pissed off by me too because i keep asking..

he say that he have the papers.. approval from LTA.

its nice and cheaper then the killer remus..

it took me 2 yrs to think whether i should get pipe due to the price

when i got to know that leo vince is okay..i quickly deposit the pipe...hehhee

Ya lor. Dunno why Remus for FJR so ex. My TDM friend oso jaw drop when I told him the price.

Hmmm....

Thats weird....

hehe....

Review for the clutchless system isn't good. They say its jerky at low speed. Imagine you cant half clutch control while making a tight u-turn.... I doubt they have enhance the system for 08.

:angel: Gotta get used to the heat.

Now can wear slippers cos weather cooling nowadays.

Passed by a TP road block last night while on my way home, was worried will kena 'F' for wearing improper attire but wat to do? Nowadays keep raining and raining, all my covered shoes are wet! :angry:

I slippers all the way. Nv once get F for that so dun worry.