Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

If you were to ask, I think some of the FJRians and ex-FJRians here will recommend you to go to HKL and look for Ah Keong... (I am not advertising for HKL...)

But then to each his own, everybody has their own favourite bike shop and mechanics to to go to. So you can go try out and decide which shop and mechanic you are comfortable with. :)

Anyone tried this bike shop at Bukit Batok area? Can't recall the name. Its near St 25 area. I went there about a month back to service my bro's van at the shop next door.

While I was waiting, 2 men who looked like they were in their mid-40s came in with their FJRs and went to look for a mechanic. The guy came out and checked their bikes. It was clear he was their regular mechanic the way they spoke to him and the way he handled the bikes. I went closer to listen to what they were talking about, and recognised the mechanic to be the same guy who serviced my Super 4 at Universal Motors during the years when I was still paying my instalments. His name is Peng I thing. He jump shop to this place already now.

• Replies 16.5k

Southern is next to or 2 shops away from Universal Motors, where I bought my Super 4 in 2000. Alexandra Village area. Near HQ 1st Div. Entrance is directly opposite the entrance to Alexandra Hospital.

Thanx... willcheck it out. Still deciding where to service...:faint:

There's no security in life... Just opportunity...

Bro, is the 1600 the cost of a pair of remus pipes? Then wat's the cost of the leo vince pair?

Do you have any pics of the remus and leo vince ones?

Hey Fuzz, tot of changing your pipes?

Bro, is the 1600 the cost of a pair of remus pipes? Then wat's the cost of the leo vince pair?

Do you have any pics of the remus and leo vince ones?

bro fuzz indeed... remus a pair(carbon and titanium) cost 1600

that how ex..

me got my leo vince for 1200 carbon..

but i think u wont be abld to get the leo vince at that price liao.. coz i thin the boss quote me wrong.. so lan lan have to give

my friend at first wanna get march or april but coz he made a mistake my friend also buy..hehe

can search bro for thier picture

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/inflames85/funny.gif

changed pipe is better then dont changed wont regret .. this is the best deal...

loud pipe save lives..hahaha

will be waiting for my baby carbon pipe to come,,,counting the days man

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/inflames85/funny.gif

Hey Fuzz, tot of changing your pipes?

Considering of changing, but not so soon. Mine all still new, so will get a full feel of it first before changing. Also must save $$ for new pipes first :)

Hey, got this trip to malacca on 26th Jan. You wanna go? Will be first long trip in for new bike. Can test see how.

deanz4, thanks for the info. will try search for the pix online.

Considering of changing, but not so soon. Mine all still new, so will get a full feel of it first before changing. Also must save $$ for new pipes first :)

Hey, got this trip to malacca on 26th Jan. You wanna go? Will be first long trip in for new bike. Can test see how.

HI Fuzz , just to correct u hor... malacca on 30.dec.07

26.jan.08 than port dickson

so riding a FJR1300, went up genting with one FJR, wow very fast bike

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580886_3903222993432_1440829392_n.jpg

Not this coming one. Maybe next time...

GRAVE NEWS,

Currently my Bike is at HKL since evening of Christmas EVE, i was riding it along Race Course road when there was a loud sound and the Bike stalled, when i cracked it again, heard a very loud noise and the bike doesn't start.

Paniked, called for the BIke Tow, now at HKL pending to open the bike, Ah kiong say he never opened FJR before, i very scared liao, less than 6 months now this, mileage also not much aiyo,

Very Very Worried now, still haven't finish check up yet, he suspects the timing chain.

Anyone heard anything of this nature before???

http://images.cryptic.multiply.com/image/3/photos/3/600x600/15.JPGMy Rides :

Black XJ-6 Diversion *Elisa* ( Jan 12' - Current )

Galaxy Blue FJR1300A ABS *Dorothy* ( Jul 07' - Dec 2011 )

Black Super 4 V Tech II *Jessica* ( Apr 05' - Jul 07' )

Yz designed DTWR 200 *Jennifer* ( Feb 04' - Dec 2009 )

Subaru Justy / White WR2 *REVOKED* (Feb 98' till Mar 00')

maybe can ask ah jiang? he been service my 06 FJR from day 1 til now..

My Ride:

Phantom 200 ( Jun 04' - 28th Jan 05')

Super 4 Spec III (28th Jan 05 - 14th July 06)..Defender Jr.

Silver Storm FJR1300A ABS (14th July 06)..Defender

Where I been Done..

06' 3NCR ( Sg - Betong - Phuket - Hatyai )

07' MHS ( Sg - Hatyai - Hua Hin - CM - MS - GT - Doi Tung - MHS - Doi Ithanon )

08' Phuket ( Sg - Phuket - Hatyai )

See my ride @ happycookies.multiply.com :thumb:

maybe can ask ah jiang? he been service my 06 FJR from day 1 til now..

thanks bro, can just check out, what could be the problem:cry: i very very scared la, what could be such a major problem....aiyoooo the light also never blink, i just was intending to service it

Wat kindof sound? can be more specific? Come from where?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

Wat kindof sound? can be more specific? Come from where?

The sound came from the front of the Bike, on the right hand side, it felt like the the fan came off or something.

i checked the engine oil there is still alot. :cry:

maybe just need to take out faring n check... maybe something fly into ur fan... dont worry too much.... check 1st....

My Ride:

Where I been Done..

maybe just need to take out faring n check... maybe something fly into ur fan... dont worry too much.... check 1st....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully its something like that, if piston jammed i don't know what i'm going to do liao, i think Sell my Jennifer for parts for lady D liao...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully its something like that, if piston jammed i don't know what i'm going to do liao, i think Sell my Jennifer for parts for lady D liao...

Bro, I pray for you that it is NOT the piston jammed. It will burn a BIG BIG hole in your pocket if really the worst case of piston jammed happened. I really pray for you and hope it is not the case.

Don't worry too much first. Let Ah keong "open up" your babe first and see what's wrong. Maybe like the rest said, something flew into your fan or something just came loose...

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

Bro, I pray for you that it is NOT the piston jammed. It will burn a BIG BIG hole in your pocket if really the worst case of piston jammed happened. I really pray for you and hope it is not the case.

Don't worry too much first. Let Ah keong "open up" your babe first and see what's wrong. Maybe like the rest said, something flew into your fan or something just came loose...

woah i seriously don't know what to say sia, i really scared la, i want to faint he hasn't called me since morning aft i checked, afternoon couldn't get him maybe call him in a few to see what's going on again. the tension is killing me la, he say maybe the timing chain.

anyone heard of that before?:faint:

woah i seriously don't know what to say sia, i really scared la, i want to faint he hasn't called me since morning aft i checked, afternoon couldn't get him maybe call him in a few to see what's going on again. the tension is killing me la, he say maybe the timing chain.

I am not trying to scare you, but the worst case may also be the timing chain snap? I am not too sure too.

To all the experienced FJRians out there, is it possible??

hm... think e best solution now is.... call and get e checking result... dont just anyhow guess this and that, it wont help... or maybe travel down to see wat is actually happen....

Agree...???

My Ride:

Where I been Done..

Agreed.

Bro Cryptic, if you need me to pillion you to HKL today, do let me know. Bukit Merah Lane is very near my place. I can go pillion you after work to HKL, then I go home. :)

very loud sound could be very big deal liao..

but since 1st day FJR been launch in SG till now i never heard of piston jam b4. don't believe ask omni & capier, their mileage clocked total for 2 bikes is more then 200K, if u talk about wacker ask cookies, his clocked 80K within 1.5years :cheeky:

hm... think e best solution now is.... call and get e checking result... dont just anyhow guess this and that, it wont help... or maybe travel down to see wat is actually happen....

Agree...???

Agreed, Called him, he hasn't check up yet, say he busy, so i'll be going there in the afternoon to see what is the problem.

Really need to know what could be the cause of it. Hopefully as Mutant-sheep says, it's not a piston jam, as it would be a whole lot off issues. but with the situation at hand and Ah Keong not being very receptive at this point, i think i bugged him since morning on the condition, just now he sounded abit off liao so i'll go buy coffee for him tomorrow see whats the status like in the afternoon.

HI Fuzz , just to correct u hor... malacca on 30.dec.07

26.jan.08 than port dickson

so riding a FJR1300, went up genting with one FJR, wow very fast bike

Haha..... Malacca, Port Dickson, or Timbuktu....come 26th Jan I wanna go on a trip :)

But must apply leave in early Jan, so hopefully nothing cocks up :angel:

Agreed, Called him, he hasn't check up yet, say he busy, so i'll be going there in the afternoon to see what is the problem.

Really need to know what could be the cause of it. Hopefully as Mutant-sheep says, it's not a piston jam, as it would be a whole lot off issues. but with the situation at hand and Ah Keong not being very receptive at this point, i think i bugged him since morning on the condition, just now he sounded abit off liao so i'll go buy coffee for him tomorrow see whats the status like in the afternoon.

So did you find out what is wrong with your bike?

Hope nothing as serious as feared.

GRAVE NEWS,

Currently my Bike is at HKL since evening of Christmas EVE, i was riding it along Race Course road when there was a loud sound and the Bike stalled, when i cracked it again, heard a very loud noise and the bike doesn't start.

Paniked, called for the BIke Tow, now at HKL pending to open the bike, Ah kiong say he never opened FJR before, i very scared liao, less than 6 months now this, mileage also not much aiyo,

Very Very Worried now, still haven't finish check up yet, he suspects the timing chain.

Anyone heard anything of this nature before???

bro, dun worry too much lah.... still within your 1st year Warranty??

no point chasing Ah Keong too much lah... will simply put off the fella.... :sian:

i wont think its anything major :sian: :)

BTW, saw some FJRs last weekend in Hatyai, seen a FBB-plated Silver FJR, riden by someone with a pony-tail, seems to me like a Gal, wonder if its anyone in here?? was with some Fazer 600s and a Super 4!! :thumb:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08