SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore's Worst Drivers.

Raptor

Which of these caused / nearly caused you an accident?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these caused / nearly caused you an accident?

Well it is a known fact that bike riders are on the losing end in the event of an accident.

My intent is to solicit your views on which drivers or riders for that matter... have you encountered in your daily commute in Singapore who due to their moronity caused you an accident or resulted in a near miss.

What I hope to achieve here is to provide our young budding 2B licence holders the data that would help them know the dangerous drivers to look out for and that would invariably improve their survival chances on the roads during their shaky learning phases.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for taxi drivers as the worst drivers in Singapore.

In their desperation to pick up passengers.. sudden stops and switching lanes from outside to inside is a norm for them. The fact that they are always on a look out for passengers means that they do not see you.

Stay for away from taxis and be wary of them, especially empty taxis!!!!

At least taxis don't swerve directly into cars beside them, so you know you're safe IF theres a car beside the taxi.

But boy am I wrong to assume I'm safe if there are two cars side by side. I was behind this vehicle A, P-plate. Vehicle B is on the left of vehicle A. Driver of A is very diciplined, check mirrors, blindspot somemore (Saw her turn her head), then..... proceeded to lane change right into vehicle B....... :sian:

Lucky vehicle B is alert, swerve to avoid a silly side impact... :faint: B started to accelerate away from the crazy driver A, who proceeded to complete her crazy lane change. I went alongside vehicle A, look at the driver, shake my head and accelerate into safety......

Originally posted by nE0@Dec 25 2004, 11:34 AM

At least taxis don't swerve directly into cars beside them, so you know you're safe IF theres a car beside the taxi.

But boy am I wrong to assume I'm safe if there are two cars side by side. I was behind this vehicle A, P-plate. Vehicle B is on the left of vehicle A. Driver of A is very diciplined, check mirrors, blindspot somemore (Saw her turn her head), then..... proceeded to lane change right into vehicle B....... :sian:

Lucky vehicle B is alert, swerve to avoid a silly side impact... :faint: B started to accelerate away from the crazy driver A, who proceeded to complete her crazy lane change. I went alongside vehicle A, look at the driver, shake my head and accelerate into safety......

so u r sayin ur choice iz no.4 :sweat:

Originally posted by cosmos@Dec 25 2004, 05:43 PM

wah, quite a difficult decision to make... :mad:

is there a check box for all the above except bike riders?

to me taxi drivers n ladies driver are the worst.....n oso those racer wannabe driver....serve dem rite if dey kena book n "lang gah"..... :bouncefire:

1998-1999 Aprilia RS125 Replica '06 FN8XX7

1999-2001 Honda CBR400RRR '98 FQ7XX9

2001-2001Honda CBR929RRY '01 FT8XX0

2004-2005Honda CBR600F4i '01 FT5XX0

2004-2006 Yamaha sparkZ '04 FY6XX9

2006-2008 Yamaha Fazer600 '06 FBA8XX5

2008-XXXX HONDA STX1300 '08 (ABS) FBC5XX4

for me taxi drivers by a mile

damn tu lan

sometimes normal car drivers are oso a pain in the arse

they dun seems to think of us bikers when they come out frm small road into big road

is so obvious i m travelling straight at speed of ard 80km/h and when they wana come out frm small road, they dun gif u a damn, dun wanan stop n jus drive out. worst is they move out so damn bloody slow or even worse come out straight into ur lane.

Originally posted by nicky@Dec 25 2004, 09:58 PM

for me taxi drivers by a mile

damn tu lan

sometimes normal car drivers are oso a pain in the arse

they dun seems to think of us bikers when they come out frm small road into big road

is so obvious i m travelling straight at speed of ard 80km/h and when they wana come out frm small road, they dun gif u a damn, dun wanan stop n jus drive out. worst is they move out so damn bloody slow or even worse come out straight into ur lane.

can understand ur feeling...i gt a few frens kena bang jia lat jia lat bcos of tis drivers.....bt sometimes ix we riders at fault too, as i drive too so i find dat sometimes ix the riders fault... :sweat: shld always look far check ard for potential hazard n possible "no gahment drivers".... :mad:

1998-1999 Aprilia RS125 Replica '06 FN8XX7

1999-2001 Honda CBR400RRR '98 FQ7XX9

2001-2001Honda CBR929RRY '01 FT8XX0

2004-2005Honda CBR600F4i '01 FT5XX0

2004-2006 Yamaha sparkZ '04 FY6XX9

2006-2008 Yamaha Fazer600 '06 FBA8XX5

2008-XXXX HONDA STX1300 '08 (ABS) FBC5XX4

As long as those with wheels can drive properly and be more considerate... It will be good. Same as rider. Although I realise motorist does make mistake... As long as a mistake is committed... PLEASE!!! Hand up as a gesture of sorry... You don't expect when you knock into a person and still carry on your walk?

Memories of 1403 on 24/8/06

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2910/memoriesof1403tfkl2.jpg

Memories of Arai Helmets

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2710/helmetsdfbi0.jpg

Originally posted by fire_ufo@Dec 26 2004, 03:24 AM

i think some of the pizza hut riders are very bad (driver). Including myself.

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

we ride together ,we die together....gd bros for life....!!!

we drive in style and we drive to make a living lah.....!!!

:p

Definitely taxi drivers!

hate them man..

how i wished we can drive a HUMVEE in SG.. then i will bang the hell out of them when the stop to pick up ppl half way man :p

lolx juz to show how i hate taxi drivers.

same goes to female drivers BUT lets not stereotype here.

not all of the ladies/taxi drivers drive recklessly.

Sry if i offended any ladies out there

I don't think it's really that fair to generalise like that.. I have seen really nice taxi drivers, who doesn't cut into lanes, is safe and signals. But yet there are some who are just reckless... same goes for the other categories of vote that is available, including riders

Hey guys, to keep the polls correct and in line with its purpose, please vote based on your own personal experience only.

Not vote based on what you think. And definitely those non-riders should not vote.

At the end of this exercise, we are going to find out which drivers we riders need to pay particular attention to whilst riding on the roads since they are more prone to cause us accidents.

Cheers!!

I Hate Those Taxi Driver... :mad:

Previous Ride

RD125 LC, TA150 PHANTOM, CBR400 HURRICANE, CB400 VER S, CBR900 919, RXZ135, GSF400 BANDITS, CB400 PB1, GSX1300R '00 99 MODEL, TDM850, XR200, GSX1300R '03 LIMITED EDITION, TDM850, XR400SM, DRZ400SM, GSX1300R '08 GEN2, ST1100 PE TP MODEL, FZ6S1 & GSX1300R '07...

Current Ride

VSE400 STEED

Originally posted by raptor@Dec 25 2004, 10:54 AM

I voted for taxi drivers as the worst drivers in Singapore.

In their desperation to pick up passengers.. sudden stops and switching lanes from outside to inside is a norm for them. The fact that they are always on a look out for passengers means that they do not see you.

Stay for away from taxis and be wary of them, especially empty taxis!!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

wat i feel is that lady drivers are even more dangerous... at least the moment i see a taxi i would know that i should start looking out and keep away from his left lane as anytime he might wanna just change lane and pick up or drop off passenger. Lady drivers simply drives any other car on the road, u dun know when it will be too late... e.g. i'm on main road taxi on minor road gonna turn left to enter main road, instincts will tell any rider that this taxi driver will hew lan the rider and just exit anyway. As for lady drivers, u can't tell at all till u r closer... for all u know they might just suddenly enter into main road but stop as she's turning becos she finally discovers ur presence... good luck e-braking or swerving~~

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..

i was stuck between these 2 choices - taxi driver or lady driver.. but i chose taxi drivers cos i find they have no brains while driving and everyday i encounter a reckless taxi driver..

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9761/img0947t.jpg

-=My Beloved "Devil Bird" NC35=-

"Live To Ride, Ride To Live"

Proud RVF-ian since 2005

Originally posted by hohosaint@Dec 25 2004, 10:32 PM

As long as those with wheels can drive properly and be more considerate... It will be good. Same as rider. Although I realise motorist does make mistake... As long as a mistake is committed... PLEASE!!! Hand up as a gesture of sorry... You don't expect when you knock into a person and still carry on your walk?

it's horrible.. I hate those who just look in front (act blur) and treat it like nothing has happened when they almost hit u. Such rude cowards, not even an apology. If I made a mistake, I always, always say sorry. It's the very least u can do.

"You float like a feather.. In a beautiful world.."

Originally posted by Raptor@Dec 26 2004, 11:17 AM

You work as pizza delivery boy ah??

ya, only a part time.

taxi driver i hate the most.

if u ride close to them, they migth suddenly E bake as they see castomer. but riders following behind wll have problems.

TAXI driver :mad: :mad: :mad:

:gun: TAXI DRIVER

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Fire_ufo/31052007033.jpg