SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ellamcoy@May 23, 2007 02:38 pm

wow power :thumb:

hope he is okay

Yeah he is fine... Its a miracle that he only kena some abrasions, judging on the mess of the bike.... The repair cost him 8k.... so you can imagine how bad the damage is.... :sweat:

300 psi?? tink ur tyre will burst....

Kpa la.

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

All kinda tyre is supposed to have the tyre pressure settings imprinted on the tyre wall...

i used to think so too.. till i search up, down, left, right & centre on my current tyres.. nothin abt the pressure is printed there... :sian:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

i used to think so too.. till i search up, down, left, right & centre on my current tyres.. nothin abt the pressure is printed there... :sian:

Tyres all have their factory recommended pressure, but diff bikes can have diff pressures according to its weight and usage, as long as it is within the types limit should be safe! regarding the S4 pressure setting have been discussed mannny times, it's stated in the manual and printed on the sticker near the rear chain spoket......:giddy:

Tyres all have their factory recommended pressure, but diff bikes can have diff pressures according to its weight and usage, as long as it is within the types limit should be safe! regarding the S4 pressure setting have been discussed mannny times, it's stated in the manual and printed on the sticker near the rear chain spoket......:giddy:

manual n sticker only applicable to those who owns a relatively new bike... some of the old bikes do not hav the stickers on the swingarm anymore not to mention manuals... :giddy:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

Er normally for me, before i start my journey (first day of the week), i will usually go to my nearby petrol station to pump my tire. The pressure will be more accurate as the tire is still "cold". As after long journey, the tire is heated up, resulting in higher pressure due to hot air in tire and therefore will be inaccurate. For eg, if after my journey i pump 290kpa, the actual pressure will be lower, say around 270kpa (when the tire become cold). this is my opinion...

She waits for me patiently downstairs, thru rain and shine..Yet she never complains and serving me with loyalty..a true beauty that u will not regret...

er, i also encounter tat problem before..there was one day after the raining day where the road is still wet. i went to pump my rear tire to 290kpa. but when i started to pump, the reading on the pump machine reflects 130kpa. So i tot something is wrong as i always pump my tire once a week and the pressure should not drop tat much. So i start to inspect my tire, moving the bike forth and back and then i notice some bubbles "growing" on a small portion of my tire. Given a closer look, i then realise that there wat a small nail head hiding inside my tire. Lucky tat day was a raining day, if not i would not have spotted that little culprit!

She waits for me patiently downstairs, thru rain and shine..Yet she never complains and serving me with loyalty..a true beauty that u will not regret...

Er normally for me, before i start my journey (first day of the week), i will usually go to my nearby petrol station to pump my tire. The pressure will be more accurate as the tire is still "cold". As after long journey, the tire is heated up, resulting in higher pressure due to hot air in tire and therefore will be inaccurate. For eg, if after my journey i pump 290kpa, the actual pressure will be lower, say around 270kpa (when the tire become cold). this is my opinion...

That's a good practise. Pumping the tyres when they're totally cold is the most accurate. Best to pump at night, and wait 2 hours for the tyres to cool down if they're hot. Go eat dinner, take a bath, relak, then pump the tyres. If the tyre's are hot, that means the air has expanded, if you'd pumped 270 bar cold, it would have heated to about 300 bar.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

i notice some bubbles "growing" on a small portion of my tire. Given a closer look, i then realise that there wat a small nail head hiding inside my tire. Lucky tat day was a raining day, if not i would not have spotted that little culprit!

Well, if you suspect there's a puncture, take some water and pour it slowly over the tyre, if there's bubbling, that means there's the puncture.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

Been using M1 on my S4. Excellent tyre but wear off quite fast, ard 9 mths for mi. Switch to BT020 liao, excellent grip and very long lasting, very predictable n forgiving under hard braking. Highly recommended!!

Btw its successor the BT021 is out liao, any ppl wanna post their reviews here?

BT020 durable but how come i encounter slips during cornering...intended to change to BT090...anyone using BT020 and feels the same as mi?

2004-2006 >> Kawasaki- Krr 150 <<

2006-2008 >> Honda- Spec 1 <<

2008-2009 >> Yamaha- X1 <<

Banned from riding... Smallest bike but worst accident...:sian:

Been using M1 on my S4. Excellent tyre but wear off quite fast, ard 9 mths for mi. Switch to BT020 liao, excellent grip and very long lasting, very predictable n forgiving under hard braking. Highly recommended!!

Btw its successor the BT021 is out liao, any ppl wanna post their reviews here?

u dun have tat feeling meh???

BT020 durable but how come i encounter slips during cornering...intended to change to BT090...anyone using BT020 and feels the same as mi?

u dun have tat feeling meh???

Today almost kiss the floor today with my BT020 rear... Luckily I managed to kick myself up and stable the bike... :giddy:

Due to the hard compound of BT020, the grip is not there...

Today almost kiss the floor today with my BT020 rear... Luckily I managed to kick myself up and stable the bike... :giddy:

ride safe, bro..

sorry abt that day, very busy with work so didnt reply your sms promptly..

i not so free to surf SBF whole day lehz.. :cheeky:

i'm also scared to corner liao... either change to BT090 or M1...

why more ppl choose BT020 more den BT090???

BT020 good meh?? or my tyres got hardern...???

i'm also scared to corner liao... either change to BT090 or M1...

why more ppl choose BT020 more den BT090???

BT020 good meh?? or my tyres got hardern...???

I have used BT020, BT090 and M1 before and all except BT090 failed my expectation during wet ground...

I feel that you shouldn't limit yourself to these choices, there's better tyres for you to explore...

Most importantly to me are the manufactured date, performance during wet ground and also durability.

BT020 has been replaced by BT021

M1 has been replaced by M3

BT090 out of production and therefore last batch of tyres are quite old?

life span of the tyres is about 5 years from the date manufactured. the newer the better. as time goes by, the tyre compound will harden. hence grip is not there. personally, the tyres u r using shd b changed after using for about 1 year plus. reason is due to the weather exposure which will change the property of the tyre.

the softer compound the tyre is, the more sticky n grip it provides. but it wears off fast too. the harder the compound the tyre is, not so sticky n grip but its durable.

durable, grip n cheap dun come together.

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

do check the thread below for the component list n price from various shops...

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72518&page=44

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??