SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Scooter Speciality Shop 2008 - Good Recommendations

leaa

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing all the positive comments about Wonderful Motor , I decided to visit Botak and his shop, if you guys are expecting clean , tidy, expensive tools, fancy equipment this and that, you'll be disappointed.

If you know what the vicinity is famous for, the shop is not very impressive.

Anyway, that's the least of my concern, I was there to check out the service I could get for my scooter and the charges.

Basically , Botak is friendly and will explain and advise you what needs to be changed if necessary.

I had my belt, rollers etc changed and now my scooter runs WONDER-fully :thumb:

Verdict:

Service: Good

Charges: Very Reasonable

He finished the job within an hour, partly also he was not disturbed, I was there about 11 plus and left just after midnite..

Thxs for those who recommended Botak :smile:

Btw, he will be moving shop sometime in April.

Originally posted by RT@Feb 27 2005, 01:43 AM

After hearing all the positive comments about Wonderful Motor , I decided to visit Botak and his shop, if you guys are expecting clean , tidy, expensive tools, fancy equipment this and that, you'll be disappointed.

Anyway, that's the least of my concern, I was there to check out the service I could get for my scooter and the charges.

Basically , Botak is friendly and will explain and advise you what needs to be changed if necessary.

Verdict:

He finished the job within an hour, partly also he was not disturbed, I was there about 11 plus and left just after midnite..

eh bro what else u changed and how much ah? cause i thinking of servicing my bike as well...

Selling Fanciful and Vintage Helmets. Interested pls Pm me!

Originally posted by Exu@Feb 27 2005, 07:05 AM

eh bro what else u changed and how much ah? cause i thinking of servicing my bike as well...

I changed Belt and rollers and 3 little plastic thing that attaches to the clutch housing. parts is $ 135 , workmanship $35 totalling $170.

Originally posted by RT@Feb 27 2005, 01:43 AM

Verdict:

hahahaha.............

your nose got come out blood or not??:sweat:

the shop are really what you discribe, but what i want is get my job done , and botak did it, thats wat i want.

and very seldom can see shop operate till late hour, thats 1 of the selling point.

:smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Guest Scootie

Hi Leaa,

Juz tot of penning down my opinions, no disrespect......

Firstly, how do you know that the old spoilt parts are yours if u r not even present during the repairs?

Secondly, i went there b4 n the prices he quoted r quite expensive. For example, to change my hexagon belt, the whole package(belt+rollers) costs $120. I can get it at $95 instead. For the 4 rubber caskets surrounding the block head n piston, he quoted $55, where i can get it at $45.

Finally, to complain against a shop at AMK industrial park 1. Unreliable n dishonest. A*E Motoring. Pls try to avoid.

Originally posted by Scootie@Feb 27 2005, 05:53 PM

Hi Leaa,

Firstly, how do you know that the old spoilt parts are yours if u r not even present during the repairs?

sorry don't get you :giddy: what old spoilt parts :confused:

see again and again and again and again and again.......:(

Secondly, i went there b4 n the prices he quoted r quite expensive. For example, to change my hexagon belt, the whole package(belt+rollers) costs $120. I can get it at $95 instead. For the 4 rubber caskets surrounding the block head n piston, he quoted $55, where i can get it at $45.

which shop are you talking about :confused: is it on the list :confused:

Finally, to complain against a shop at AMK industrial park 1. Unreliable n dishonest. A*E Motoring. Pls try to avoid.

sorry to hear about your bad experience, "chopper" will not last long :smile:

Originally posted by Scootie@Feb 28 2005, 09:53 AM

wonderful Motor

hmmm....seem like many ppl gave good comments on it. did anyone else have the same experience :confused:

anyway, maybe he charges differently or wrongly to different ppl. so here goes again.....WARNING: Above is only personal experience and recommendation, final decision is still up to you.

so far, when he service or do my bike i am present and also looking at what he changed. I dun think wonderful motor will tell you that "when i do the changes you cannot be around". if you yourself do not have time to stay there and watch what he change than it is not his fault.

if you think the spares he change is too expensive you can ask him to quote you a price if you bring the belt and rollers yourself so he only charge workmenship.

no active trips since 2006

Originally posted by leaa@Feb 28 2005, 09:56 AM

sorry to hear about your bad experience, "chopper" will not last long :smile:

:offtopic:

kekekeke ... u sound like Avenger le .... polishing knife already? hur hur hur .... chopper will not last .... hur hur hur *smug grin*

ah leong always say ... dunno? dont do!

http://www.ibike.com.hk/08_fun/hksm/learn_a_m/ada/s_03.jpg

Wherther a shop good or not is up to indiviual to judge, shop with fair pricing will attract more customer that's for sure ( like LAB ). Especially now we have a forum like this SBF, can exchange info on every thing. So those shop which their price quote on the high side may suffer some loses if they carry on doing so.

Notice that some shop owner do read the post from this forum time to time, will see the power of Word of Mouth Or power of pen(typing) is mightier than sword (chopping cai tow).

Keep the comments rolling, but BE FAIR.:smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Originally posted by lioncat@Feb 28 2005, 10:30 AM

:offtopic:

kekekeke ... u sound like Avenger le .... polishing knife already? hur hur hur .... chopper will not last .... hur hur hur *smug grin*

no polishing...is pulling away from the knife :cheeky:

Hi Leaa,

Does Wonderful & ur price u get urself include labour?

:confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/viffer/2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/viffer/1.jpg

Hi Leaa,

Hi bro,I am 1 of the supporters of Botak.But let say somewhere got cheaper servicing than botak,I am interested to take a look,might service there too. U mind to tell me the shop that charge u cheaper?:smile:

E.g belt + rollars= $95/-

Mind tell me the place?:smile:

92-94 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki Bandit,Vespa150)

98-2001 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki GSX-K',Yamaha Riva125,Honda X4 1300,Kawasaki ZX-11D4 ,Honda CB400 Version S,Honda Steed)

2005(Hexagon150)

2005(Yamaha Dragstar custom 400)

2006 (Honda Phantom 150)

2006-2007 ( Honda ST11)

2007 ( Honda Project Big 1)

2007 (Honda Steed VLX)

2007-2008 (Honda BlackBird CBR1100XX)

2008 (Yamaha Fazer 600 S2)

No one can make everybody happy, the most important thing is to make yourself happy first :smile:

Comments is comments, final decision is still up to you to choose :smile: make your own choice, once you feel ok, stay with it then :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Originally posted by kennyseaw@Feb 28 2005, 10:14 PM

No one can make everybody happy, the most important thing is to make yourself happy first :smile:

Comments is comments, final decision is still up to you to choose :smile: make your own choice, once you feel ok, stay with it then :smile:

agree.. although some say tong aik service bike or parts are expensive but i still stick to them.. cos i trust them..my vespa from the day i god this bike they service for me...

as the saying goes, 1 man meat is another poison

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Originally posted by who_noe@Feb 28 2005, 10:28 PM

agree.. although some say tong aik service bike or parts are expensive but i still stick to them.. cos i trust them..my vespa from the day i god this bike they service for me...

as the saying goes, 1 man meat is another poison

take it or leave it :thumb:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

We welcome good recommendation and some comments on bad experience, it will alert us before going to the shop and bargain with them. True or not, still depend on individual experience. If $$$ not too much different, service is still the most important for us. :smile:

Guest Enigma X9

Hi all,

Went WONDERFUL!!!! to service my amalfi on sat....really wonderful!!!!

This is my 1st servicing for my 2nd hand bike, so dun know wat maintenance did previous owner did. Told Botak about it and he dismantle to examine the belt, sub component..etc. He even wash and clean the "gear box" and every dividual parts.

Meanwhile i also gain more knowledge on my x9 with his explanation. Beside this,

he solved other problems....

Total i spent $287 for belt, roller,u shoe, front brake pad, engine oil,oil filter,u shoe,spark plug, brake switch, worksmanship....

Now, I'm very happy with my bike.....smoother....quieter.......

All thumbs up for BOTAK!!!!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Originally posted by Aceyfox@Mar 1 2005, 06:09 PM

Kings Tools- AMK industrial Park 1, blk 4002

Mechanic- Ah Siong

can comments on the shop, prices, skills....etc :confused: