SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorcycle's COE Price is getting ridiculous.....

miRides

COE is for new vehicles, it's for people with wants. Any practical person who needs a vehicle can go to resale market. 4k COE is still not the max it'll go, I'm predicting it'll go up to 6k? Their reply will be "it's the bidders who bid to 4k, I never set the price also". Now they trying tricks to bump up cars quota, heck open cat 80k, can get 20 bikes COE man. 15% of unreg COE go to open cat, so far quota for bikes reduce by ~200/mth, mean that 60 open cat are added. Wow additional 480k earned/mth plus bike COE increased around 1k. Someone promote that smart Alec already!

Nothing to lose.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm quite sure the forums here will be and have been monitored all along..

Letters or no letters it doesn't work that way, silence or noise will fall to deaf ears..

every breath you take.. every move you make.. every step you take.. they'll be watching you..

Japanese Standard "The Big Naked"

14019723412_fffe6b3e9c_n.jpg

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

Its not about bringing over quota to another category anymore, everything is interrelated..

let me get down to simple reasoning as I can be..

Coe is both for new and old vehicle, lets say 9 yrs ago, you bought a used 1 yr old car for 30k..

now you so f%* relief finance finish but then to continue using you have to fork out even more..

and you dare not even look at current PQP..

for many those like myself who have scraped more than once, twice and the third time is not funny.. really.. where is the logic?

you get the drift..

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

Bulk of COE goes to small bikes but price controlled by big bikes buyers. To wait4me, it's the economics of supply and demand rearing it's ugly neck, no one is at fault here though. 2k increased payable over 3 yrs = $55 per month.

Nothing to lose.

I don't intend to buy new Rolex, I just want to keep my old Seiko which serves me just fine.. it's the PQP that's killing us!

Like I've mentioned, do look around and observe for yourselves what kind of new cars can be seen more now on the road..

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

I sold my car and got back to bikes, what more do they want from us? our soul? ****

No coe for all class bikes, big or small! united we bikers stand, divided we pay and pay more..

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

Yahoo article is rubbish. When COE price goes up the package price goes up as well, look carefully at the clause in the agreement you sign. If it does down dealer takes the profit. To car dealers and the rich, its a lot easier to just bid high because they know they can afford the car no matter what and they just want it NOW. Dealer is happy and the rich ******* buyer is happy. Everyone wins except the people who genuinely need to drive a car/ ride a motorcycle to work.

4 k if get a 25 k bike doesnt seem like much but for a 3k plus bike is really too much. If we go for the larger bikes, get hit by road tax and fuel consumption.

I disagree. $4k COE for a $21k (machine price) bike is already a lot! That same COE for a $5k (machine price) transport bike is absolutely crazy.

Bulk of COE goes to small bikes but price controlled by big bikes buyers. To wait4me, it's the economics of supply and demand rearing it's ugly neck, no one is at fault here though. 2k increased payable over 3 yrs = $55 per month.

I think there are too many people buying big bikes that they cannot actually afford. Many of them are forced to sell their bikes when they realize that they cannot afford to pay their monthly installments. That's why there are so many big bikes for COI these days. My suggestion is to limit the loan percentage and tenure, and be stricter when approving bike loans. People will think twice if they have to put down 30-50% for the latest superbike and can only take 3 years loan. NSF and tertiary students with very limited income will be unable to take loans that they cannot repay.

I am sure some will disagree with me. But let's be realistic. Do we really want our next generation to step into society with unnecessary debt (a bike loan)?

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

I disagree. $4k COE for a $21k (machine price) bike is already a lot! That same COE for a $5k (machine price) transport bike is absolutely crazy.

I think there are too many people buying big bikes that they cannot actually afford. Many of them are forced to sell their bikes when they realize that they cannot afford to pay their monthly installments. That's why there are so many big bikes for COI these days. My suggestion is to limit the loan percentage and tenure, and be stricter when approving bike loans. People will think twice if they have to put down 30-50% for the latest superbike and can only take 3 years loan. NSF and tertiary students with very limited income will be unable to take loans that they cannot repay.

I am sure some will disagree with me. But let's be realistic. Do we really want our next generation to step into society with unnecessary debt (a bike loan)?

Agreed. Not even class 2 bikes, there are many people who bought 2b bikes but can't really afford it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

:)

Agreed. Not even class 2 bikes, there are many people who bought 2b bikes but can't really afford it.
Seeing that now there are bikeshops offering zero downpayment plan it makes it easier for this. Some only think about the low monthly instalments hence why we can now see 4-5years instalment plans for 2B bikes. But to each its own I guess. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Hi..if you look at the LTA website of bike sales by brand, you will note that the big bikes actually make up only about 10% of the total market. My estimate is based on the brands that only carry class 2 bikes. Therefore to say that big bikes control the coe prices while they only are the 10-15% of the total population would be hard to substantiate based on data as they are only a small part of the demand.

My Ride - Vespa ET8

Former But Damn Good Ride ST1100 (STOC # 7811)

Patience is a virtue....

Think of SAVING GAIA http://www.savinggaia.sg/

these are the factors that possible cause COE went up.

Due to the number of registered bike on the road is too many that cause LTA there only issue very minimum amount of ticket to let the bike shop to bid for it. Because of that, all bike shop fight to bid for it as they want business too, they need to bid inorder to sell their bike to customer. Its a cycle. If alot of old bike year 2000 and below all didn't de-register or scrap it. the amount of register bike on the road will be always high and cause COE went up even more.

Correct me if i'm wrong. just my point of view.

Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10

Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11

Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13

Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Nokikerenz/tumblr_lqgry8IqyI1qa8y9x.gif

Shake it~ sexy baby~

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/novablink/ducati2.jpg

when will the increase of coe stop?

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

when will the increase of coe stop?

Answer is. It will never stop increasing. By the way, with reference to the following link:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/1m/coe/coeDetail.html

the COE for bikes has increased to 4289, I thought there is only 1 bidding per month and it was previously at 4001 but has increased to 4289, could someone enlighten me on this? Thanks.

My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

Fact is that overall, your public transport is more expensive than riding a fuel saving bike. Most bikes OTR are 2B bikes, a smattering of S4s. Class 2 make a small number, those riding class 2 usually have a class 2B bike as well. Delivery riders, postman, people going to work are almost exclusively riding a 2B bike. You might think you see many class 2 because they stand out and that your kapcai is probably a Malaysian.

Lemme put into perspective

For my case:

When using public transport = $150/month including misc travelling other than work, using cab etc

When using kapchai=$87, petrol and parking included /month cuz I fill up at JB since its so near to me.

Difference? I save alot more time with the bike than on public and can pretty much go anywhere I want and the only time I get squeezed is at the customs, not tt different from being in a public transport.

Insurance and rdtax only once a year, maintenance also EO,spark plug, oil filter every 2-3 months. Overall public transport is more expensive, don't forget you can sell the bike back, even if you don't, it will save enough to earn itself back vs taking public.

PAP doesn't like this, if pple ride they cannot suck money out of you, so they increase the COE. Has NOTHING to do with controlling the number of vehicles, bikes don't contribute to jams, massive influx of foreigners do.

Edited by Jehuty

Public transport is a different issue altogether, back to coe..

I have a question, if there's 300 successful bidders and 299 bidded 2k while 1 bid 4289k.. does it mean PQP will follow that 1 highest bid or total bids divided by 300?

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

haiz....

i regard selling off my bike... now as the COE is so stupit and i decide to sell my car away to get back to bike and now even for bike COE!!!!! is so crazy...

guess i gona invest more in my bicycle for now.. (maybe in years 2020 even bicycle had to fix IU...)

nothing change... unless... pls vote wisely

2004 TA 200

2006 Comet GT 125

2006 Baby kawa 150 krr

2006 Honda RVF

2009 Honda CB 1000 R (The beast had been Release!)

2010 Yamaha FJR 1300

Next will it be BMW 1600 or quit ridding go for 4 wheel ???

END UP i drive :cry: but i really miss my fjr..