SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorcycle's COE Price is getting ridiculous.....

miRides

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after october...coe price may soften...

latest emmission std kicks in...

now stockist bikes that do not meet the std...all need to be sold...thus coe price shooting up...

hang in there..coe may drop

actually not true. any motorcycle model already approved for import and sale by LTA based on current standards need not meet any revised standard, even if it has not been sold to customer. provided it is the same model that was approved.

Example, a 2013 CB400X approved by LTA last year under current standards, if any '13 spec model remains in the shop even after new standards kick in, can legally be sold and requires no re-testing/cert.

But if Honda releases a revised 2015-spec CB400X, and of coz any other brand new model by anyone after new standards kick in, being sent for approval for first time must be tested under new standards.

the key is when the bike model is sent to LTA for approval; not when it was manufactured or when it is sold.

So at most there is a rush to get any current models not yet imported/approved to be sent for approval under current standards before new standards kick in. Like the new Suzuki Gixxer 150; maybe some suzuki dealer wants to rush to get it approved before new standards kick in. but any bike already in the shop, standards revision wont affect anything, nobody needs to rush to sell these models.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Just don't bother to buy any new bike from the bike shop loh... soon you see bike shop will have issue of unable to sell off their new bike and pointless to bid for more COE for new bike if they instend to bring in and sell. Unless their storage space to keep the bike is damn ****ing big like a basketball court loh.

Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10

Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11

Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13

Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Nokikerenz/tumblr_lqgry8IqyI1qa8y9x.gif

Shake it~ sexy baby~

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/novablink/ducati2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so when COE high, better to renew COE or buy new bike?

Btw, wats the requirement for bike loan? Same as car, need to down 50$ or lesser?

Got bank loan or all need to go thru bike shop?

Liverpool revival has started....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mr LHL is having a facebook live session this Saturday, it is a longshot but I queried him why COE motorcycles are high despite us not contributing to traffic congestion.

Its a very longshot. However I doubt its him answering. Most likely his page admins are the one replying. And get ready to be confused with the answer. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

I predict coe for bikes will go up 5k .hmmmmmmm, i think i better dont sell my newly renewed coe bikes/scooter

Almost! hahaa 4888! chinese new year ang bao... with a dollar to spare :p

Mr LHL is having a facebook live session this Saturday, it is a longshot but I queried him why COE motorcycles are high despite us not contributing to traffic congestion.

So did you get your answer? Or was your question removed?

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

• 2 weeks later...