SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Blogs] Today while riding...

Raptor

Originally posted by Lass@Oct 18 2005, 11:35 PM

at times i would. like i did today, today i horned at a taxi for a long time w/o signal some more. flashed at a car going at 50plus on an overtaking lane...wah lau eh grandfather's rd sial!

gearbox : all the more want to bully. btw full face helmie, face look like sh*t at the end of the day haha

jingly & mctan : if they signal in gd time, i dun mind letting them cut in but it's w/o signal and overtaking me in my lane tat i find is dangerous n v inconsiderate of drivers. i shd start carrying some stones w me haha

told my hubby n he say...aiyoh let them cut loh :sian: he always kerna the same kind of idiots on the rd oso. when he's in a bad mood, he will chase and karchiow the car.

hmm watever happen to the rd courtesy campaign?!?!?! why the hell am i contributing to a campaign tat doesn't seem to work???

i juz received the 90/10 rule email from jingly

did she mail u?

dun let all those things ruin ur day :smile:

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/5066/ppp012vm.gif

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. --- by Winston Churchill (1874 -1965)

Always expect the unexpected!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Driving on the highway is not a competition. It is a cooperation, the sharing of a limited resource. --- Matt Reed

STOC #5806

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Raptor@Oct 18 2005, 09:31 PM

Coming home just now along the SLE... saw this RVF 400 going along at about 95 - 100 kmh. Saw that the rider kept looking side ways when he was overtaking cars.

When I overtook him... I realised why. His mirrors were folded in.

Why do some bikers do that? They got mirrors but don't want to use them.

Sometimes I really want to stop and ask them for the rationale of folding the mirrors in.

Removing or folding the mirrors in whilst on the track... I can understand the rationale, but whilst riding on public with all that traffic??

I ride with mirrors even on the track... initially because I want to know who is coming up to overtake and I can give way to them.. but nowadays I rarely look much in the mirrors, (gotten used to people blasting past me), and they are still left on whilst on the track simply because I am basically too lazy to dismantle them.

Mirrors are useful though. :thumb:

alamak ah chek already told u they lacer liao mah :cheeky:

http://www.emilystrange.com/aaaemily/myspace/adds/ICanSeeYouEmilyStrange.gif

Originally posted by xiao_p@Oct 18 2005, 11:52 PM

did she mail u?

keke no worries...tat's why i am here....grumble liao feel shiok :cheeky:

Originally posted by xiao_p@Oct 18 2005, 11:52 PM

did she mail u?

Alright.. For the benefits of those hot-tempered road users.. (But it's quite naggy and long) :D

The 90/10 Principle

Author : Stephen Covey ( Management Guru)

Have you read this before?

Discover the 90/10 Principle. It will change your life (at least the way you react to situations). What is this principle?

10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react. What does this mean?

We really have no control over 10% of what happens to us. We cannot stop the car from breaking down. The plane will be late arriving, which throws our whole schedule off. A driver may cut us off in traffic. We have no control over this 10%. The other 90% is different. You determine the other 90%. How?

By your reaction. You cannot control a red light., but you can control your reaction. Don't let people fool you; YOU can control how you react.

Let's use an example.

You are eating breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt. You have no control over what just what happened. What happens when the nex t will be determined by how you react. You curse. You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. She breaks down in tears. After scolding her, you turn to your spouse and criticize her for placing the cup too close to the edge of the table. A short verbal battle follows. You storm upstairs and change your shirt. Back downstairs, you find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish breakfast and get ready for school. She misses the bus. Your spouse must leave immediately for work. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Because you are late, you drive 40 miles an hour in a 30 mph speed limit. After a 15-minut e delay and throwing $60 traffic fine away, you arrive at school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying go odbye. After arriving at the office 20 minutes late, you find you forgot your briefcase. Your day has started terrible. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to coming home, When you arrive home, you find small wedge in your relationship with your spouse and daughter.

Why?

Because of how you reacted in the morning. Why did you have a bad day?

A) Did the coffee cause it?

B) Did your daughter cause it?

C) Did the policeman cause it?

D) Did you cause it?

The answer is " D".

You had no control over what happened with the coffee.

How you reacted in those 5 seconds is what caused your bad day.

Here is what could have and should have happened .

Coffee splashes over you. Your daughter is about to cry. You gently say, "It's ok honey, you just need, to be more careful next time". Grabbing a

towel you rush upstairs. After grabbing a new shirt and your briefcase, you

come back down in time to look through the window and see your child getting on the bus. She turns and waves. You arrive 5 minutes early and cheerfully greet the staff. Your boss comments on how good the day you are having.

Notice the difference?

Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different.

Why? Because of how you REACTED.

You really do not have any control over 10% of what happens. The other 90% was determined by your reaction.

Here are some ways to apply the 90/10 principle.

If someone says something negative about you, don't be a sponge. Let the attack roll off like wa ter on glass. You don't have to let the negative comment affect you! React properly and it will not ruin your day. A wrong reaction could result in losing a friend, being fired, getting stressed out etc.

How do you react if someone cuts you off in traffic?

Do you lose your temper?

Pound on the steering wheel? A friend of mine had the steering wheel fall off)

Do you curse?

Does your blood pressure skyrocket?

Do you try and bump them?

WHO CARES if you arrive ten seconds later at work? Why let the cars ruin your drive?

Remember the 90/10 principle, and do not worry about it.

You are told you lost your job. Why lose sleep and get irritated? It will work out. Use your worrying energy and time into finding another job.

The plane is late; it is going to mangle your schedule for the day. Why take out your frustration on the flight attendant? She has no control over what is going on. Use your time to study, get to know the other passenger. Why get stressed out? It will just make things worse. Now you know the 90-10 principle. Apply it and you will be amazed at the results. You will lose nothing if you try it.

The 90-10 principle is incredible. Very few know and apply this principle. The r esult? Millions of people are suffering from undeserved stress, trials, problems and heartache. There never seem to be a success in life.

Bad days follow bad days.

Terrible things seem to be constantly happening. There is constant stress, lack of joy, and broken relationships. Worry consumes time. Anger breaks friendships and life seems dreary and is not enjoyed to the fullest. Friends are lost. Life is a bore and often seems cruel. Does this describe you? If so, do not be discouraged..

You can be different!

Understand and apply the 90/10 principle.

It CAN change your life.........!!!!!!!

Charlie's Angels

Originally posted by jingle@Oct 19 2005, 09:47 AM

Alright.. For the benefits of those hot-tempered road users.. (But it's quite naggy and long) :D

woo~!~!~! :clap:

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. --- by Winston Churchill (1874 -1965)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Driving on the highway is not a competition. It is a cooperation, the sharing of a limited resource. --- Matt Reed

STOC #5806

Originally posted by Lass@Oct 18 2005, 11:35 PM

jingly & mctan : if they signal in gd time, i dun mind letting them cut in but it's w/o signal and overtaking me in my lane tat i find is dangerous n v inconsiderate of drivers. i shd start carrying some stones w me haha

Some inconsiderate/selfish drivers and riders just love to cut into others lane w/o signaling. This is my personal experience.

When I rode a small chopper, they cut into my lane.

When I rode a big bike, they cut.

When I drove a car/van/lorry, they cut.

When I drove a 20 ton truck, they cut.

When I drove a school bus, they also cut.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Oct 19 2005, 11:47 AM

Some inconsiderate/selfish drivers and riders just love to cut into others lane w/o signaling. This is my personal experience.

When I rode a small chopper, they cut into my lane.

When I rode a big bike, they cut.

When I drove a car/van/lorry, they cut.

When I drove a 20 ton truck, they cut.

When I drove a school bus, they also cut.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Moral of the Story : Be a pilot? No one cuts airplanes. :sweat:

Charlie's Angels

Originally posted by jingle@Oct 19 2005, 11:51 AM

Moral of the Story : Be a pilot? No one cuts airplanes. :sweat:

scaly he still kena cut... by birds...

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

Originally posted by mctan@Oct 19 2005, 12:03 PM

one bird die, cause hundreds of ppl die also....

ya... :faint:

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

Originally posted by bobo_rider@Oct 18 2005, 11:50 PM

ya god wan me to take bus so i kena kan tong 5yrs the god see i guai guai then give me back my cl2B after 5yrs... :pray: :pray: :pray:

wa u kan tong for wad? ur class 3 kena kan tong anot?

Previous bikes

KRR150 ====> FX****L

TA150 ====> FS***E

GSXR400 ====> FK****X

RS125 ====> FT****Y

TA150 ====> FS****P

ZXR400 ====> FQ****L

Current bikes

Originally posted by jacQinthebox@Oct 19 2005, 05:05 PM

Rainy day.

Ride safely everyone!

dun be lazy n bring ur raincoats too :cheeky:

STOC #5806

On the way home, wet roads and heavy traffic. Saw a chio bu driving a Megane weaving in and out of the traffic overtaking everyone. From Lane 1 to 3 and back again, seems like she was in a big hurry.

Then she changed lanes without looking and nearly whacked into a a guy riding a Suzuki 600 K3 on the middle lane. I thought, what the heck, why didn't this guy see the car coming especially when she was weaving all over the lanes?

The guy horned at her and showed his fist to her.. she waved sorry in return and carried on speeding and weaving. I went past the guy on the bike and I realised why he did not see her coming.

His mirrors were folded in. Another racer wannabe eh, Lass?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Originally posted by Raptor@Oct 19 2005, 07:45 PM

On the way home, wet roads and heavy traffic. Saw a chio bu driving a Megane weaving in and out of the traffic overtaking everyone. From Lane 1 to 3 and back again, seems like she was in a big hurry.

Then she changed lanes without looking and nearly whacked into a a guy riding a Suzuki 600 K3 on the middle lane. I thought, what the heck, why didn't this guy see the car coming especially when she was weaving all over the lanes?

The guy horned at her and showed his fist to her.. she waved sorry in return and carried on speeding and weaving. I went past the guy on the bike and I realised why he did not see her coming.

His mirrors were folded in. Another racer wannabe eh, Lass?

*wolf whistles* k3 600 keke u say leh

Originally posted by Cruxader@Oct 19 2005, 08:49 PM

Saw a male rider pillion a female in the rain.

That guy wearing full set of raincoat and the female pillion get to enjoy the rain.

hmmm idea is that rider gets wetter than pillion cos he blocks off some of the rain fr the pillion.

just now tailgating behind this stupid MPV then en he brake and i brake too hard n almost skidded. eeks my fault was a close one, my legs went lembek for a while :sweat: wat the f am i doing so close to a MPV i shd be staying far away man! he ended up changing to the next lane :sweat:

Originally posted by Lass@Oct 19 2005, 10:00 PM

hmmm idea is that rider gets wetter than pillion cos he blocks off some of the rain fr the pillion.

just now tailgating behind this stupid MPV then en he brake and i brake too hard n almost skidded. eeks my fault was a close one, my legs went lembek for a while :sweat: wat the f am i doing so close to a MPV i shd be staying far away man! he ended up changing to the next lane :sweat:

wa thats pretty dangerous.. skidding! somemore rainy day.. better thank ur lucky stars. :smile:

Previous bikes

KRR150 ====> FX****L

TA150 ====> FS***E

GSXR400 ====> FK****X

RS125 ====> FT****Y

TA150 ====> FS****P

ZXR400 ====> FQ****L

Current bikes

Originally posted by Lass@Oct 19 2005, 10:00 PM

aiyoyo! u should hav known better rite

but well ur safe n itz another day

STOC #5806