SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Wiring diagram for TA200 - Appeal for information / crowd sourcing

sawfly

Hi all,

I know this has been asked before but has anyone seen the wiring diagram for TA200?

If not, I would like to attempt to do some circuit tracing and also crowd source and compile this information so that future folks will benefit from this.

Some important details that would be good to have would be:

- wiring colors, (i was informed that the color codes made differ for the latest gen phantom)

- simplified system based electrical diagrams,

- pin outs if any and also

- photos of actual components

Some of the basic systems that i will be seeking to compile would be:

- starter circuit (starter button+neutral switch+clutch switch; starter motor; starter relay+fuse)

- ignition circuit (CDI/starter coil; spark plug wire + spark plug; kill switch)

- charging circuit: alternator (is it 3 phase or single phase?); rectifier

- lighting (head light+switches, tail light, brake light+switches; signal light+switch+relay; license light)

- indicator lights (neutral+highbeam+signal+speedo)

- speedometer

- horn (or horns - typical setup with one horn or additional setup with a relay + a pair of horns)

please feel free to contribute to this thread - will need help especially from old birds! naim / Silent Hunter / jtzx / Kev :cool:

once i have time i would also try to post up the circuits that i have traced..

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's kind of you to do this. May I request for a wiring diagram for usb charging port as well? I'm in the midst of installing one. If I do get it DIY successfully I will post the entire process.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Edited by matthias76

Open up the chrome cover on the right hand side where the fuse is.

You will see 2 screws, Connect your wires for the USB/ Ciggarette charger to them then figure out where to place them so that they will not be wet when it rains.

that would mean the circuit will be live all the time unless u add in an inline switch?

also that means will need a 12v cig/charging socket and a car charger that will step down to 5V.

IIRC the 2 screws are already connected to -ve terminal of batt and the +ve input of starter motor.

back on the main topic, for the circuit tracing we will need at least some electrical knowledge to draw the schematics so some engineering knowledge may help!

also, if i'm right, like most other Honda bikes there is no ground conductor wiring through out the harness, and the grounding path is just through the chassis of the vehicle.

so far i've seen the -ve end of horns, spark plug and starter motor is to ground (chassis) so that's something to start with!

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

You are so right bro. That is why some people do 5 point grounding to short all the ground together. Then there be no resistance when u take the resistance reading.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Yes. It's on all the time, that's why I hid it (ciggy charger) under the fuel tank, partly covered by the chrome cover. :cheeky:

I have never added a USB charger, but I figured I will just need to buy an adaptor (USB behind, Ciggy head in front) and plug into the ciggy charger to convert it into a USB charger.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Open up the chrome cover on the right hand side where the fuse is.

You will see 2 screws, Connect your wires for the USB/ Ciggarette charger to them then figure out where to place them so that they will not be wet when it rains.

Thanks SH. It was really as simple as you have described. My other question is whether it will drain the battery excessively.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

It's live all the time.. Lemme go back later check where I tap the power for my horn from

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2.1A think not supported for micro USB standard so if yr charging a phone on micro USB it may refuse to charge.. For me I go for lower amp output

It's live all the time.. Lemme go back later check where I tap the power for my horn from

I used to tap power from the headlights but once was enough, it was hell to put everything back. :giddy:

Took me 6 hours of trial and error to open find the wire and put everything back. :sweat:

Edited by Silent Hunter

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

I just found out my mechanic directly tapped the +very from the rectifier... can't see clearly the pin out..

U can use the old horn wiring if u dun intend to use relay though.. My former horn connection is now to my add on relay..

If u using relay I think can just feed a wire directly from batt +ve..

My regulator/rectifier is of a model SH-561-12, T2.7 , from shindengen, can anyone confirm if their's the same?

This is a 5 pin device, and is stated somewhere online to be a single phase full wave shunt type regulator.

if this is correct, our TA200 uses a single phase alternator, which would mean that the circuit tracing will be simpler.

i've also found online the traced pinouts for this regulator/rectifier:

rectifer.jpg

source: http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/59740-A-1.html

if this is correct, sprocketty you can experiment by tapping a voltmeter from this 2 pins as shown above and perhaps use it to power your horns (if you are using a relay)

update: - see colored connections below to regulator/rectifier:

definitely the red wire can be used to tap ur horn though not sure which wire (green or black) is the ground for the moment.

rectifier pin out.jpg

rectifier pin out.jpg

Edited by sawfly

Sawfly my ta200 is the same...

I was also testing the leads that go in... There is a green blue red and yellow. Black

I tried testing with voltmeter and can confirm that one or more of those wires toggles live 12v when key ignition is on... But I wasn't sure which one to tap for a USB output.

damn i just posted an update above on my rectifier.. the red wire confirm can.. but i think when engine running the voltage is @ 14.5v at least.. not sure it will fry out the coil in the usb socket in the long run..

see attached below for starter circuit.. pls comment if u know more about on:

- those pin outs of the starter motor relay

- circuits connected to R/G and Y/R of starter relay

starter relay pin out suggestions.jpg

Starter relay and motor connections with fuse.jpg