SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

hi guys,

izit ok to lend your bike who also possess a bike license to ride?cos bike is not insured for him...

As mentioned earlier, this could get you in serious trouble if kena caught by TP. Stop lending your bikes to anyone.

oh and he told me phantom speedo is -10km/h so if speedo show 110 the actual speed is 100 onli...can cfm this doubt?

2B bikes generally have optimistic speedometers. The actual margin is undetermined, but -10kmh sounds just about there.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

on te insurance part thx...i don tink he got caught by tp so pray no problem lo...as for the phantom speedo thingy izit true that it is -10km/h? meaning 110 on speedo mean 100 for a car and road?

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

Any measurement is only as accurate as the instrument.

How accurate is your bicycle speedo?? :cheeky:

haha.. good one.. its still in the 'testing' phase, but it is damn accurate.. once went side by side to a Civic with digital meter, meter shows same value.. ;)

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

haha.. good one.. its still in the 'testing' phase, but it is damn accurate.. once went side by side to a Civic with digital meter, meter shows same value.. ;)

& how accurate is the Civic meter??? :cheeky:

Not trying to be funny here, but just trying to put the point across that the absolute error of the Phantom speedo is not really important and will probably vary from bike to bike. Just note that it is optimistic.

Btw, bicycle speedo can go up to how much? Its likely that the error is not a linear relationship & is more pronounced at higher speeds.

Jeez... I'm in a chatterbox mood today :lol:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

guys i just changed my air filter 2 days back, the $10 LAB one.. after changing, my bike keep on back-firing.. why so?

There's probably some difference in the air flowing through the old filter & the new one. Get a skilled mechanic to tune your carbs.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

& how accurate is the Civic meter??? :cheeky:

Not trying to be funny here, but just trying to put the point across that the absolute error of the Phantom speedo is not really important and will probably vary from bike to bike. Just note that it is optimistic.

Btw, bicycle speedo can go up to how much? Its likely that the error is not a linear relationship & is more pronounced at higher speeds.

Jeez... I'm in a chatterbox mood today :lol:

hahahahaha.. this will keep going on.. i can see you asking how accurate is the TP lazer gun and the speed cam.. :p

error is minimal, as it calculates using wheel circumference.. however, at higher speeds i have yet to secure a signal..

There's probably some difference in the air flowing through the old filter & the new one. Get a skilled mechanic to tune your carbs.

ah chong already tune the air intake.. now lesser backfire.. could it be the filter?

$10 LAB one, authentic Honda or chiong one?

The former sells for $10 there, and shouldnt cause any problems... Like i told u just get it professionally tuned..

he tell me is chiong one.. original one more ex.. -.-'''' ah chong tune the air intake liao leh.. =X

i am quite worry la...cos today i from expo travel via ecp to town at a speed of 110-120...i scared tio by camera...anyway how long after today b4 it will be reflected for us to check on tp website?

oh one more thing..normally if u get your bike, it comes with a toolkit ya? but mine get from shop no toolkit...muz i go back to get from them or its normal for the kit to b missing after changing a few hands?

guys, just curious. For those who changed their handlebars to those wider ones....especially like yasman's.....how long do u guys take to familiarise urself with the handling. I think i wanna make my bike just like Yas's. Hmmm, mebbe it'll be easier to steal....lol. Air filter amcam Yas?!?!?!.....selling?

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

guys, just curious. For those who changed their handlebars to those wider ones....especially like yasman's.....how long do u guys take to familiarise urself with the handling. I think i wanna make my bike just like Yas's. Hmmm, mebbe it'll be easier to steal....lol. Air filter amcam Yas?!?!?!.....selling?

A few days. The toughest part will be trying to do lo-speed lane splitting with pillion coz the front end will have a high propensity of wobbling.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

oh one more thing..normally if u get your bike, it comes with a toolkit ya? but mine get from shop no toolkit...muz i go back to get from them or its normal for the kit to b missing after changing a few hands?

Missing toolkit is not uncommon for used bikes, but no harm asking your motordiam to see if they can sponsor one for you.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

i am quite worry la...cos today i from expo travel via ecp to town at a speed of 110-120...i scared tio by camera...anyway how long after today b4 it will be reflected for us to check on tp website?

tool kit is just plier, screwdriver and spark-plug-opener, u can get it from any hardware shop.

i think kiamh mentioned before the effects of wide handle bar.

-handling light and easy to wobble (for starters)

-not easy to go thru some car park barrier with small gap for bikes.

-cant squeeze between traffic

(yasman stuck in traffic before when we went to mah motor opening along massive jam on serangoon road at evening rush hour :D)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

then regarding traffic offense like speeding...how long b4 u noe that u got letter??or how many days after u commit b4 it will be reflected on tp's website?

I gt used to it immediately after riding a few with those.Feels better I guess. but oh well not practical to me.Up to your own adaptability

like me!! :D

I don't join causeway jams but daily riding is jammed enough.

For a basic toolkit, I'd recommend:

1. Phillips Screwdriver

2. Flathead Screwdriver

3. Size 8 Spanner

4. Size 10 Spanner

5. Size 12 Spanner

6. Sparkplug Tool

7. Longnose Pliers

Should be enough to do jobs you're comfy with...if you want you can get an extension as well.

Postman Eating Inc*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

I gt used to it immediately after riding a few with those.Feels better I guess. but oh well not practical to me.Up to your own adaptability

I don't join causeway jams but daily riding is jammed enough.

oh trust me its much worse in there.. :p

It took me about 2 days to get fully comfortable with riding, turning, and u-turning competently. Took me about 5 days to get comfy squeezing traffic, so in total about one week. This is based on riding to and fro work.

Air filter... i'll sell you mine for $500.

You dont qualify bro, you prolly rode it for a few minutes at most :cheeky:

I have the best signature.