SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no worries, my friend brought it up to me early this year. I told him its norm.Even after when he rode over from ghim moh just to check and see if mine's the same.. :sian:

just got my TA200 yesterday, found that the break light could not be activated by rear break, only front break, is it normal?

i learnt riding at BBDC, the bikes there were HONDA CG 125, of which the break lamp is lighten by rear break.

confuse !!!

Hi all.. I'm going for my theory test next monday, then going to do license conversion.. wanna ask whether can go buy a bike first before getting my license or i have to wait till i completed my conversion then can buy. Then, which shop buy TA200 better ah? dun wanna become carrot also. :p

a friend of mine just bought FV from BP at 1.4k machine price.. so far that's teh cheapest deal i can find. drawback is high mileage, 3year plus COE, not much accessories (crashbar etc). plus goddamn GST :angry:

he was short of cash (wanted to buy my bike but i couldnt sell at his budget) so u pay what u get..

i'm sure u can find better deal in private resale bikes if u look for good and reliable machine.

Would advise you to invest more in much comfy and protective gloves dude ;) Maybe try to find those Kevlar kinda types..Rs Taichi ain't bad it seems..essential..would get a pair of those soon for myself.

if u know good model of gloves, pls share with me bro.. i'm thinking of kevlar leather gloves too...

just got my TA200 yesterday, found that the break light could not be activated by rear break, only front break, is it normal?

i learnt riding at BBDC, the bikes there were HONDA CG 125, of which the break lamp is lighten by rear break.

confuse !!!

isit just light or break itself not working ?

if just light is not up, u can check for sensitivity adjusting knob near break pedal.

may be open left side cover and check for break fluid level..

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

a friend of mine just bought FV from BP at 1.4k machine price.. so far that's teh cheapest deal i can find. drawback is high mileage, 3year plus COE, not much accessories (crashbar etc). plus goddamn GST :angry:

he was short of cash (wanted to buy my bike but i couldnt sell at his budget) so u pay what u get..

i'm sure u can find better deal in private resale bikes if u look for good and reliable machine.

if u know good model of gloves, pls share with me bro.. i'm thinking of kevlar leather gloves too...

isit just light or break itself not working ?

if just light is not up, u can check for sensitivity adjusting knob near break pedal.

thanks, just rear break (light) itself not working

thanks, just rear break (light) itself not working

You prolly have to either step harder, or adjust the sensitivity. Go to a mech or a friend who knows, and ask him to do, then watch and learn.

The brake lights are usually less sensitive when applying the rear brake (sometimes, a lot less sensitive); it's normal. But upon pressing down the brakes hard enough, the brake light should light up.

I have the best signature.

there's some knob to adjust near rear-break-pedal.

it can change sensitivity (light up even when u put ur foot on pedal)

valarie adjusted for me before. i cant describe with words how to do.. :giddy:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

guys,

wanna ask smth again...normally when u wanna off the engine, would u off the engine switch or jux turn the key to off and leaving the engine switch on?

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

Guy who surfs blue,

Many folk use the kill switch to switch off their bikes after a ride, but this is inadvisable. The damage you cause your engine is similar to throwing your clutch when the bike is stationary and allowing the engine to die. So, use it only in emergencies. Normal riding use ignition to switch off.

For more, pages 59 and 60 of this thread.

help help! tml i getting my bike lei but still dun have the p-plate yet! how ar??? the lta licensing centre dere got sell? coz i going there to transfer the ownership...

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

help help! tml i getting my bike lei but still dun have the p-plate yet! how ar??? the lta licensing centre dere got sell? coz i going there to transfer the ownership...

anyone? urgent.. i dun wanna kanna fine by teepee..

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

i managed to travel for like 2-3 days Without P-plate. 0_o

It can be easiy bought from Any petrol station, or if you prefer those Sticker type can get from LAB or the shop beside it.

I always share good deals ;)

i managed to travel for like 2-3 days Without P-plate. 0_o

It can be easiy bought from Any petrol station, or if you prefer those Sticker type can get from LAB or the shop beside it.

agree, well no p plate will get a summon FYI..

just a qn

i left my TA200 idle for abt 3-4 days and when i want to start i have to do a jump start. Choke oso cannot start liao.izzit normal? or my battery in bad condition alredi?

If yr battery can crank the bike, but yr bike cannot "fire up" then the battery is alright maaaaa..............

HP: 93891138 :angel:

longest i left my bike alone was about 10 days. went on vacation and still can start my bike...

my baddery was about 6 months old then..

Longest i left was 3 months :p

Bro, relax. Either head over to the nearest bikeshop/petrol kiosk before you go transfer ownership, or just chill and ride to the nearest of those to get them after you did the transfer. -IF- any TP catches you for not placing the P-Plates, it's understandable - you had only done the transfer a few minutes ago and youre on your way to get that darn P-Plate.