SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[General] Insurance!!

ylsonny

i just called ntuc 5 mins ago for a FR plate ta150. im 19.

the bike selling at 400 nego, coe ending jan 2010 so i guess i can get it for a very low price lets say in the 100 range, cause its a ta150 plus coe ending in like 2 months. the exterior condition of the bike isnt that great also.

so 100-200 and its a deal im sure he'll prefer that to scrapping the bike.

ride for a few months then renew 5 year insurance for about 500$

total spent now is 600$. i got quoted 180$ for respray of tank, front and back fenders. so around 800 bucks now.

and guess what ntuc quoted me JUST FOR ONE YEAR INSURANCE.

837.69$

GOD D*MN!!:angry:

well... not too unexpected... you are young after all... when I was younger (20) I paided $6XX for my insurance... sigh I'm getting old...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$800 plus? thats high! i just got mine ard 2mths ago, mine is 600 with some change. ntuc 3rd party also. im 21 though.

at least he didn't choose a sp or kr... those would be way over 1k...

Hmmm, heard before regarding this insurance premium issues...

myself never had to pay more than $150 for any third party coverage, the highest i remember is $300+ first party coverage for my TZM whe i was 20 many years back, now paying $135 for spec 2. Anyway bike ncd only 20% max unlike car. However i'm paying over $1600 for my car, so it's balance i guess

1993-Yamaha LC, TZR

1994-Licence Revoke

1995- Honda MBX, RXZ

1996- Vespa

1997- RXK, TZM

2002- Phantom 200

2008- Toyota Axio(Car)

2009- Toyota Axio(Car) & S4 Vtec 2

2010(current)- Fazer FZ1N & Toyota Axio(Car)

Hmmm, heard before regarding this insurance premium issues...

myself never had to pay more than $150 for any third party coverage, the highest i remember is $300+ first party coverage for my TZM whe i was 20 many years back, now paying $135 for spec 2. Anyway bike ncd only 20% max unlike car. However i'm paying over $1600 for my car, so it's balance i guess

the good old days when insurance was cheap... sigh...

wow... $135 for spec 2... looks like you can keep it forever... :cheeky:

hey anybody knows if i have to get insurance first before registering myself as a sub-rider? am i supposed to purchase the insurance thn head to LTA??

and also...does anybody know if i can place my mom as owner of the bike, she doesnt have 2b. me as sub rider. then since she is 21 years old and above, i can pay ntuc insurance in installments?

only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

and also...does anybody know if i can place my mom as owner of the bike, she doesnt have 2b. me as sub rider. then since she is 21 years old and above, i can pay ntuc insurance in installments?

if I'm not wrong... you aren't going to be far from the premium they have quoted for you...

No point, insurance is still calculate base on the youngest named rider.

Face the fact dude.

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

hey anybody knows if i have to get insurance first before registering myself as a sub-rider? am i supposed to purchase the insurance thn head to LTA??

why u want to be a sub rider??

for cash purchase..

buy bike procedure...

buy insurance..

go to lta with owner/seller. to sign/effect the transfer

pay owner the sale price.

pay the transfer fees...the bike is yours..

if the bike is under hire purchase..lta will not do the transfer until the hire purchase is settled first..the finance company datas are linked to LTA.

sometimes the datas are not updated...and there will be a delay until evey thing sorted out.

with hire purchase outstanding..

u have to use the motor shop to do the transaction and settle the hire purchase with coi, new installment etc etc..

sub-rider...this means u tag along the owner's insurance..the owner has to do it at the insurance office..u do not own the bike..there is no necessity to go to lta..

use older person to register biek..can...but with any rider clause is going to be expensive...

named driver is cheaper..the insurance premium will be calculated based on the least experience, youngest rider..and at the result is the premium will be just as expensive as u buy yourself..

of course using mom to be owner and u subrider can pay by installment is a plus.

:dozed::dozed:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

why u want to be a sub rider??

for cash purchase..

buy bike procedure...

buy insurance..

go to lta with owner/seller. to sign/effect the transfer

pay owner the sale price.

pay the transfer fees...the bike is yours..

if the bike is under hire purchase..lta will not do the transfer until the hire purchase is settled first..the finance company datas are linked to LTA.

sometimes the datas are not updated...and there will be a delay until evey thing sorted out.

with hire purchase outstanding..

u have to use the motor shop to do the transaction and settle the hire purchase with coi, new installment etc etc..

sub-rider...this means u tag along the owner's insurance..the owner has to do it at the insurance office..u do not own the bike..there is no necessity to go to lta..

use older person to register biek..can...but with any rider clause is going to be expensive...

named driver is cheaper..the insurance premium will be calculated based on the least experience, youngest rider..and at the result is the premium will be just as expensive as u buy yourself..

of course using mom to be owner and u subrider can pay by installment is a plus.

:dozed::dozed:

ahaha i get wht u mean but its just th i bought it under my dad's name hehe..

soo..just to be clear..adding a subrider means i wouldnt have to go to lta to register as a subrider?

No point, insurance is still calculate base on the youngest named rider.

Face the fact dude.

i know. im not trying to change the overall premium, just asking if it is possible to pay in installments. not everyone has 800$ like you to just fork out like that.

only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

ahaha i get wht u mean but its just th i bought it under my dad's name hehe..

soo..just to be clear..adding a subrider means i wouldnt have to go to lta to register as a subrider?

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

WHOA ahaha..sorry mepkoh must've slipped by me.its very clear now with the font size increment.thanks

hehe..oky dont need to apologise...it happens..

sometimes we want to see,read or hear only whta we want to..

just like the advert...93.5 fm--hear only the good stuff..:cheeky:

i know. im not trying to change the overall premium, just asking if it is possible to pay in installments. not everyone has 800$ like you to just fork out like that.

Then you shouldn't buy a bike. That's the hard fact. Any unexpected thing and you will be in serious financial diifficulty.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Then you shouldn't buy a bike. That's the hard fact. Any unexpected thing and you will be in serious financial diifficulty.

thanks for your opinion but all i gotta say is, thats the difference between me and you:)

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

Ins is just a tip of an iceberg for owning any form of motor vehicle in Singapore.

As mentioned by kiamh, its a hard fact in Singapore that if you cant afford to pay the insurances and taxes, stick on to our world class public transport system.

You don't sound financially stable thou.

After-all, ownership of any motor vehicle is a luxury, not a necessity. Afford within your mean......

Good luck.

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

wah....look like u really "itchy" to get a bike regardless the long term circumstances....if that's the case i encourage u to buy bro.....buy.....

1993-Yamaha LC, TZR

1994-Licence Revoke

1995- Honda MBX, RXZ

1996- Vespa

1997- RXK, TZM

2002- Phantom 200

2008- Toyota Axio(Car)

2009- Toyota Axio(Car) & S4 Vtec 2

2010(current)- Fazer FZ1N & Toyota Axio(Car)

• 4 weeks later...

This is with regards to the personal insurance and not the bike insurance.

Do bikers generally need to pay a higher premium for the same policy as compared to a none biker? Reason being bikers are more prone to accidents.

Can the company raise the premium for existing policies after the insured bought a bike? Or it depends on the insured's choice.

Thanks

i got my phantom ta150 two stroke 9 yr old guy last week. I just passed my 2b..and i am 20 now.. insurance cost me 789.. from ntuc third party..!!

Hi everyone, i'm currently 19 this year. Passed TP yesterday!:p

But there is a huge problem. i heard that the insurance is going to increase to $1300 from the current $700+-. is it true? can anyone confirm? thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just checked out the insurance pricing for NTUC and AXA via phone.

NTUC - $789.61

AXA - $675.00

Im 20 this year, just passed my 2B last week and im going to get Phantom TA200.

Anyone can advise me on what to get?? How come the price difference is so big, 100+ and I heard NTUC is cheaper. Is there any other differences btw them?? or should I just go for the cheaper one. Im also considering settling both the insurence and transfer at the bike shop.

Oh, I read in the earlier posts that NTUC will quote a cheaper price if you go down instead of over the phone. I called up, then just came back from NTUC at AMK Hub, was quoted same price for both.

Anyone can advise me on what I should do?? or if u have any cheaper insureance alternatives =)

Thanks.