SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[General] Insurance!!

ylsonny

just renew my insurance.. From $745 1 year ago..

and present $642.20 only.. from NTUC

Now heart pain liao ;(

That's almost the same as the TPFT premium I paid for my Harley XL1200S 3 years ago @@

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? HD premium around the same price as me onli? i expect it to be like $1000+

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

For TPFT coverage at my age bracket, I was paying less than $700/year.

For younger riders, it will be much higher.

Comprehensive coverage, which is almost compulsory if you are buying a new bike, is invariably in the 4 digit area.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

welcome dude... i'm 20 too.. But $642 only ;-D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

no la.. its a 6 yr old FX ta200.. yalor... shud hv gotten frm axa... cheaper i tink.. mine only 3rd party... nvm la... nxt yr shud drop...:)

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

• 1 month later...

Yeap, just to add on, 23 yo this year, 1year + couple of months riding...

Quoted from NTUC over the phone

3rd party 442

3rd part + fire and theft = 753/735 (Sorry forgot which one)

Wondering if its worth it to get the f&t.....

anybody can add your 2 cents worth?? I'm not too sure, paying double(almost) is quite unnecessary don go msia or what... =S

Edited by Icomeforyou

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

jus got an update for my case for the accident i had frm ah chong... the taxi drive actually made up a story that i cut into his lane, den dodge me tts y go up the crub n buang.. wth... his gona claim me a few ks.. zz any things i can do to proof his lying or wad? thinking im gona pay 1k+ for my insurance renewal is pain in the azz, if i were to change insurance company am i still gona pay 1k+ for my insurance if this case is still fighting?

jus got an update for my case for the accident i had frm ah chong... the taxi drive actually made up a story that i cut into his lane, den dodge me tts y go up the crub n buang.. wth... his gona claim me a few ks.. zz any things i can do to proof his lying or wad? thinking im gona pay 1k+ for my insurance renewal is pain in the azz, if i were to change insurance company am i still gona pay 1k+ for my insurance if this case is still fighting?

best if you got witness... and if its his words against yours, i'm not too sure, but the rear driving is always in the wrong (Unless he got a power lawyer), cause just my two cents, its like the theory of the front driver ebrake even if for no reason, and the car behind rear end him. its still rear car fault because never give safe distance.

but as per first line, best if you got witness, or any speed camera or any traffic cameras along the way...

all the best bro! (On the bright side, at least you're safe and sound, money can always earn again)

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

3rd party 442

anybody can add your 2 cents worth?? I'm not too sure, paying double(almost) is quite heavy =S

Depends on your bike.

If your bike is very new,

eg: 2 year old bike, stock condition.

Then yes, it is worth it, because the insurance will compensate the market value. :)

If your bike is old but "Zhng" alot of things,

eg: 9 year old bike, but just overhauled new piston, new wide handle bars, Big tank cover, added 3 boxes, alien headlight, speakers ... .... ....

Then not worth it, because the insurance only compensate market value, not sure if it gives you even a thousand dollars. Because after market parts are not factored in. :(

In this case might as well chain up your bike and hope nobody sets fire or steal it for the next 2 years then the extra money saved from insurance can be saved and used if (touchwood) anything unfortunate happens to the bike.

Sorry to hear about it....

Are there witnesses? Or at least video camera footage to proof?

If not, if he manages to claim against you, it's a very the suck thumb situation. If motorcycle insurance is same as cars, then no matter where you go they will have records of claims made against you. Really have to pay the higher $1,000 insurance. :(

But look on the bright side, he is behind, and unlikely to win, unless his company lawyer is very "power".

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

3rd party 442

anybody can add your 2 cents worth?? I'm not too sure, paying double(almost) is quite unnecessary don go msia or what... =S

Depends on how much you bought the bike and your estate.

Like i bought the bike 5th hand for 1450 and my neighbourhood is very safe...so there is no way i am going to pay more then $500 for fire/theft wat...almost half the price of my bike purchase lol

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

i didnt took down any contact number of witness at that point of time as i didnt thought i was going to claim him as i am very relieved i didnt get sandwiched in between 2 cabs =( possible to get any contact number from tp? coz i tink the tp did take down contact numbers of the 2 cab drivers infront n mayb the witness as well...

so guys nxt time if anything were to happen (touch wood) do rem to take down particulars regardless claiming or not

i didnt took down any contact number of witness at that point of time as i didnt thought i was going to claim him as i am very relieved i didnt get sandwiched in between 2 cabs =( possible to get any contact number from tp? coz i tink the tp did take down contact numbers of the 2 cab drivers infront n mayb the witness as well...

so guys nxt time if anything were to happen (touch wood) do rem to take down particulars regardless claiming or not

if TP officer was there and had taken statement, make a trip down to TP HQ saying u need the statement from the Investigation officer, as there is dispute on statements....anyway u juz tell chong that TP officer was there, then he'll know what to do

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

ok thks for the info :thumb: will ask chong if need me to get statement frm the io nxt time i vist him

Joe if I'm you, I'll go down to Chong asap to settle this documents. Better dun drag on it.

I'm recalling your case and found a good point which you can counter! If he claims you cut in his lane and he try to dodge you, how is it that he managed to ran over your foot?

This is the 2nd case I heard where taxi drivers make up stories to cover their a$$! I have nothing against them (in fact I had a taxi licence too!) but I think traffic offenders shud be penalised for their fault!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Joe if I'm you, I'll go down to Chong asap to settle this documents. Better dun drag on it.

I'm recalling your case and found a good point which you can counter! If he claims you cut in his lane and he try to dodge you, how is it that he managed to ran over your foot?

This is the 2nd case I heard where taxi drivers make up stories to cover their a$$! I have nothing against them (in fact I had a taxi licence too!) but I think traffic offenders shud be penalised for their fault!

i would also counter him to say y would anyone cut into a xtreme left lane if its a straight road...

Wah!!! Got run over your foot ah! :eek:

That's already accident with victim (you) being "RAN OVER" already! :eek:

too bad my foot too tuff to suffer any injuries :cheeky: duno if it's good or bad wakaka...

i would also counter him to say y would anyone cut into a xtreme left lane if its a straight road...

too bad my foot too tuff to suffer any injuries :cheeky: duno if it's good or bad wakaka...

Just keep the receipt from the doctor that you'd consulted for your foot, if got MC even better.

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers: