SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[General] Insurance!!

ylsonny

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all phantom riders. I just paid a deposit today for a 2nd hand TA200 bike that I bought from a nice forumer. Complete transaction will be done probably this week. Finally my first bike after 3 months since I last passed my TP. Can't wait to be OTR (: It's a FX plate. My question for you forumers, do you have any idea how much my insurance will be for a 19yearOLD P PLATER? Is it true that it will reach to $1.2k just for third party cover? And is it true that ONLY NTUC and MSIG accept riders around my age? I know that sportsbikes will incur a high quotation for a young P PLATER like me, will a phantom TA 200 affect me the same way as well?

Thanks.

not really. phantom being an ah pek bike means insurance is lower.

you're looking at around 650 for insurance. only NTUC will take you in since you're under 21.

lucky you....the few bikes that i viewed were either not up to my standards. had one that i liked but was sold just when i was test riding it.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

mfw99: Firstly to clarify, i got my license back in july last yr, and got my phantom ta200 3 days after obtaining my 2b. I was 20 back then.

NTUC quoted me $1300 for 3rd party, and AXA quoted me $1150 for 3rd party.

But i think AXA only covers 20yrs old and above.

I think that for sportsbike, it would cost even more.

thanks guys for the all the info's. i just called NTUC to clarify all the details. apparently what i was quoted for a third party cover is $915. I guess much of

the system have changed. Depending on age, driving experience, make of bikes, the manufacture date, records of the particular bike getting into an

accident have all been put into consideration.

CSV ~ apparently, i log in to the phantom sales thread almost everyday to try my luck. there were a few before this that i was interested but hasty decisions

won't benefit me also. So i just waited for the right one to come. Had to act fast as well. Initially when i viewed the bike, there'll be another viewer coming down

later in the evening. Rushed to the ATM, withdraw cash and paid a deposit to reserve. I took 3 months to find my first bike. Yours will come soon.

GOODLUCK man! (:

deathmaster ~ yeah, i'd decided for my first year driving experience as a P PLATER will be covered by NTUC. Following year when i'm 20, i'll change to AXA.

btw, $1300 is a sick price for phantom TA 200 with just third party cover.

Insurance so ex nowadays???

I did remember that when I bought my phantom two years back, was 22 then. AXA Comprehensive set me back 1.1k. But also Pplater, passed 1 month plus...

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

talk about insurance, did anyone paid extra premium, i.e., loading for P PLATE $150 for extension of insurance to align the ROAD TAX with your insurance orgin issued date and for that extended duration happened to be over the probation period, in other words are you paying that P Plate loading which is already over?

just to share, my insurance company is MISG, agent = CA, i called them and the "aunite on the phone" told me it's the common practise for them to take that loading premium even during extension period (which i dont agree as my probation is over) and she told me all young and new riders would just continue to pay that loading which is over, so can anyone advice me who gonna such situation?? if this is the case, i would want to clarify with MSIG, MAS and LTA for such term.

Edited by vvss

• 1 month later...

just an update on insurance, I am 24 +yrs old. its been 5 yrs since i got my 2b. ntuc charge me a lower rate (after i removed the ncd discount) than axa for a ta200. yup hope it helps whoever is deciding on insurance. of coz better cfm again when u r buying.

2014-2014: Vespa PX200E

2011-present: Honda TA200

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

talk about insurance, did anyone paid extra premium, i.e., loading for P PLATE $150 for extension of insurance to align the ROAD TAX with your insurance orgin issued date and for that extended duration happened to be over the probation period, in other words are you paying that P Plate loading which is already over?

just to share, my insurance company is MISG, agent = CA, i called them and the "aunite on the phone" told me it's the common practise for them to take that loading premium even during extension period (which i dont agree as my probation is over) and she told me all young and new riders would just continue to pay that loading which is over, so can anyone advice me who gonna such situation?? if this is the case, i would want to clarify with MSIG, MAS and LTA for such term.

hey.. i had that same thing, wif NTUC instead.. i paid $177.40 to extend 2 mths plus.. i guess its a normal practice.. didnt rly question d issue.. nw u got me thinking.. hmm.. any other takers on this? i guess maybe cux they base on ur experience NOW..

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

hey.. i had that same thing, wif NTUC instead.. i paid $177.40 to extend 2 mths plus.. i guess its a normal practice.. didnt rly question d issue.. nw u got me thinking.. hmm.. any other takers on this? i guess maybe cux they base on ur experience NOW..

Yea, actually this is pretty norm?

But you only do it once... Cause road tax and insurance may have different starting dates..

For eg. you buy 2nd hand bike on 1st of feb, the previous owner road tax is until 1st of march. So you can't buy road tax w/o insurance coverage and vice versa, so they "extend" your insurance by 1 month till march, so that both now are aligned.. Then when you have to renew road tax 6 months or 1 year down the road (Normally 1 year). everything can renew at the same timme.

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Hi,

recently been involved in a accident with a car. rear ended by the car at traffic light after i stopped. sent to a workshop and they assisted to process with claims. Letter for appointment of lawyer signed.

However, realised that the workshop was not honest. they changed my exhaust which was not original, but claimed that it was. anyway, things turned nasty. So i decided not to let them process the claims for me, as i rather go find my own lawyer.

any idea how i can proceed?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

if u signed the warrant to act letter, sad to say there is nothing to be done, except to let them do up the bike to pre accident condition, if u are not satisfied go to small claims tribunal and thrash it out with them, if im not wrong there is a insurance tribunal that can get ur repaired to be rectified if your not satisfied with it, gotta google GIA or general insurance association and look around inside...

but then again u gotta show true hard evidence in order to win the case...

Cheers!

btw which shop is that, can PM me?thanks

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

• 1 month later...

NTUC 2010 - $255

NTUC 2011 - $278 (after additional 5% discount !)

a lot of phantom riders buang meh? how come increase sia ! i was still expecting $200 :(

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

Allianz 2010 - $592

Allianz 2011 - $533

mine decrease leh....

How come yours can increase wan leh??

Thats why ! Age increase, bike age also increase, NCD increase another 5%, then this is my 3rd year so got another 5% loyalty bonus , all these and insurance can increase instead of decrease. WTH. I sent csquery@income an email on Thurs asking and they still haven get back to me. :dozed:

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

Thats why ! Age increase, bike age also increase, NCD increase another 5%, then this is my 3rd year so got another 5% loyalty bonus , all these and insurance can increase instead of decrease. WTH. I sent csquery@income an email on Thurs asking and they still haven get back to me. :dozed:

Look for another company lor.... ask around for quotation for your bike before renewing lah

NTUC 2010 - $255

NTUC 2011 - $278 (after additional 5% discount !)

a lot of phantom riders buang meh? how come increase sia ! i was still expecting $200 :(

Maybe coz there are many bikes accidents claim? Esp those self skidded etc. But for self skidded or self cause if we claim from PA insurance at least our NCD is not affected.

Once a rider always a rider | If not for us at least think of our love ones ride safe not sorry may god protect us Riders and Pillions |

• 1 month later...

Update

21 yo.. 1 year+ riding exp, 10% NCD..

2010 - NTUC - $789 (previous one)

2011 - NTUC - $833/$900+ (new rider)

2011 - MSIG - $818

2011 - AXA - $495

guess which one i picked? haha.. NTUC is just outrageous..

• 1 month later...

yup.. they usually look at age.. the insurance ppl told me riding exp they will only consider wen u are like mid 20s.. try give axa a call la to get a quotation..

I'm 20 this year..thinking of getting a phantom too.. The range how much huh? is there big difference between age 19 and 20? Or big difference between 20 and 21? How much should i set a set for insurance only? =/

They should look at TP results for ppl of younger age to judge how safe they are..cos i got only 4 pts. = p :o