SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

I hate U-TURNS

amberlight

Right on! You have to look where you want to go, not where you are. And, you need slow speed practice... when the bike is least stable. Can do U turns on a 340 kg bike... just need to be careful

definitely dont want to go on the road side...why is it so attractive...

thanks! i was practicing again today i guess its not too bad, i'm not really tightening the radius because its pretty much on full steering lock but i'm feeling more comfortable leaning to the other side and looking as far as possible.

Life is short, live nacked!

:cheers:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put one leg down to paddle sounds good also.... or rather.. as mentioned, get ready the inner leg to paddle...

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

Drop your right leg down to paddle while you turn at real slow speed. Safe and easy =]

what would my instructor said if he would see that... :clap:

Haha you asked how to turn in carpark mah, so i assume you're talking about small spaces.

Go slow and paddle with inner leg if necessary. I rather do that then bang into some car (which i did when i got my bike the 1st day lol. but only mirror). After a few times you'll get used to the turning and no need use leg already. I now throttle den clutch in to let it turn by itself (when u-turn in carpark)

Anyway, i always u-turn (on road) in gear 1. Good or bad?

just learn n practise how to do "donuts".....hehe = advanced U-turn skills...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/nebulaz/KTM-Pink-1.jpg

HUA Hua hua....WADEVER..AR you STOOPID OR WAD? HUA hua hua version 2.....

Haha you asked how to turn in carpark mah, so i assume you're talking about small spaces.

Go slow and paddle with inner leg if necessary. I rather do that then bang into some car (which i did when i got my bike the 1st day lol. but only mirror). After a few times you'll get used to the turning and no need use leg already. I now throttle den clutch in to let it turn by itself (when u-turn in carpark)

Anyway, i always u-turn (on road) in gear 1. Good or bad?

when in car park if no choice, do 3 pt turn loh, i always do that.

U turn in gear 1 can, put both legs down to play safe also can.

its ur choice as u got ur license already.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

when in car park if no choice, do 3 pt turn loh, i always do that.

U turn in gear 1 can, put both legs down to play safe also can.

its ur choice as u got ur license already.

2 hands up ... i totally agree with u ... 3 points turn ... why take the risk when u are unstable... take the risk only when u fully understand how to operate ur bike... every rider went through the learn to ride process

at first i too also had a problem doing u turns when i got my bike

but after a while of practicing near my estate i soon became more comfortable of the turning point and the leaning in with the bike.. the most important is ur eye contact.. ur eyes should see and direct where u want to end up after the turn..

Assumption is the Mother of All F**k Ups

Right on! You have to look where you want to go, not where you are. And, you need slow speed practice... when the bike is least stable. Can do U turns on a 340 kg bike... just need to be careful

lol all agrees its about eye point ;) for the 340kg bike just have to be careful not to corner too low when doing the turn, or else the precious foot pegs on the cruiser will have sparks :p you just have to go at it with confidence and intelligence.. not too low, not too slow :thumb:

Gear 1 when from stop.

Gear 2 while moving.

Never maintain half clutch during the turn.

release clutch completely and regulate speed with rear brake. Open throttle slightly more to prevent engine stalling. Just release rear brake completely to exit the turn gracefully;p

EYE POINT!

... remember the steps during the school's figure 8...

u spy after me! that's exactly my way to make u-turns :cry:

any advise how to make u-turn in car park? :p

U-turns are only allowed when there is a u-turn sign. haha. jking only.

To have a normal life, you work for what you need.

To have a great life, you work for what you want.

what would my instructor said if he would see that... :clap:

Don't worry. I'm sure instructors do that also. ONly that we never see.

To have a normal life, you work for what you need.

To have a great life, you work for what you want.

Gear 1 when from stop.

Gear 2 while moving.

Never maintain half clutch during the turn.

release clutch completely and regulate speed with rear brake. Open throttle slightly more to prevent engine stalling. Just release rear brake completely to exit the turn gracefully;p

EYE POINT!

... remember the steps during the school's figure 8...

Sorry Bro, but I don't quite agree on this point. Imagine in gear one, clutch fully released doing u-turn, if the rider does not give enough throttle, rider risk falling. Give too much throttle, scared go somewhere else.

The method I learnt at BBDC is that when doing u-turn, you do it like as if you are on the plank, except that you are going in a semi-circle instead of straight line.

That is half clutch, step foot brake, maintain throttle and look at where you are suppose to go. With enough practise, it will become second nature.

Just be more alert when doing u-tun on rainy day.

:cheeky:

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

lol all agrees its about eye point ;) for the 340kg bike just have to be careful not to corner too low when doing the turn, or else the precious foot pegs on the cruiser will have sparks :p you just have to go at it with confidence and intelligence.. not too low, not too slow :thumb:

The real problem with a heavy bike is that if you touch the brake too much or accelerate a bit too much while in a slow tight turn is that you will increase the lean angle too much. At 340 kg you do not have to be leaned over too far before the bike weighs too much to hold up and boom, down you go.

I've seen this quite a bit in parking lots... guy making a hard right turn, touchs brake, bike dips and falls right, cannot save the fall due to the weight.

Dear All,

Got U-turn with brakes one meh? I tot with half clutch is easier? Like wat the others said; Look far, take the mid of the lane then turn to the second lane lor. Wat i think is that you lack confidence and fear of falling thats all. Thats why you dun dare to lean down. But if you have good tires, your sports bike got a sharper turning radius than other bikes.

If a cruiser can U-turn so can you. ^^. Try not to do in car-park. the safest place sometimes can be the most dangerous place as ppl tends to lack attention in car-parks. Go on proper road to do U-turn and keep doing it. It can also gain your confidence level.

Every biker sure will have a fall. So no worries. Falling is actually good cos thats where you learn.

(P.S: No offence on all the text typed above. Just casual comments and help.)

Regards,

Bernard

SMOG#692

The real problem with a heavy bike is that if you touch the brake too much or accelerate a bit too much while in a slow tight turn is that you will increase the lean angle too much. At 340 kg you do not have to be leaned over too far before the bike weighs too much to hold up and boom, down you go.

I've seen this quite a bit in parking lots... guy making a hard right turn, touchs brake, bike dips and falls right, cannot save the fall due to the weight.

That's why I am always slower in U turns...Dipped my bike once and got my pockets burnt. :cry: Imagine > 200kg stationery at 45 degrees lean angle...First thing one will do is to get your legs out of the way and drop the weight. :giddy:

It is better to keep quiet and remain a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts...

I remember when I was learning I was quite afraid of the U-Turn. Now I absolutely relish the opportunity to do a U-Turn.

I love banking or going deep until my footpedal scraps against the road (I am riding a cruiser-type motorcycle so actually not that deep as the motorcycle quite wide). Though I only go this deep when there is no or minimum traffic. I would not want to do it when there is a medium flow of traffic, even if it is safe to do so.

For me I will also go in at half-clutch but only after I start the turn.

Cheers

Garang

Yes. I agree that U-turns differentiates a good rider from a noobie-wannabe.

Anyone can open throttle and speed like theres no tommorrow. But how many can actually slow down and drop gear from high speed to execute a beautiful U-turn?

Its a matter how how well you understand that capabilities of your bike.

learning to be a better rider.