SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

hi guys. one question. my fuel tank have a very small little hole

when i riding it won't leak, but when i pump petrol it will leak, can i diy and fix the tank or must i go shop?

diy very easy...patch with araldike/devcon steel epoxy(about $5 for a small tube)

drain petrol...clean with sandpaper until surrounding area of hole is clean...

apply epoxy..several coats may be require ..wait for it to cure..2 hrs will do...

there hole patched...repaint area if neccessary.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fellows here, any one of us here know wat is the PRICE for TOP overhaul? TA200....

coz at the moment, when i start the engine.. there is a sound.. like "TINKING" sound.. intially thought was the number plate.. Apparently, is the ENGINE which give out the Sound...

Pls advise...

Sincere Thanks!

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*

fellows here, any one of us here know wat is the PRICE for TOP overhaul? TA200....

coz at the moment, when i start the engine.. there is a sound.. like "TINKING" sound.. intially thought was the number plate.. Apparently, is the ENGINE which give out the Sound...

Pls advise...

Sincere Thanks!

if u hear the sound only during start of engine, might not be very big problem... but if while riding u still hear the sound n when u rev the engine also have the sound, might need to do the overhaul. also take note of ur exhaust, if got white smoke coming out means really got piston problem and will need top overhaul. price is roughly $400 to change the pistons...

anybody knows whats the fees to change the gear shifting mechanism ? whats that called ??

cause when recently i am having problem trying to shift between gear 1 and 2... and the problem is worsening !! sometimes i cant get to gear 1 from gear 2.. =(

use the search function. eo max to 2k for phantom. healthy phantom wun eat eo. spark plugs i reccomend at 8k km.

for price of sproket and chain and also gearbox, take a look at the thread typical prices of repairs and mods.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Pls advise...

Sincere Thanks!

i juz overhual not long sia o.0 mine is press starter the engine got farni fun and wont start....den Mr Chong tel mi "chi da bian liao"..den checked serious..the piston chain snap..den piston jam..--. lucky 2days work...damage 420

Gooner For Life

Wat u see might not be wat u get...

Preception is reality

omg... today went to planet to get replacement parts... and I saw a FV plate phantom there. Full of madman's mods.

madman!! I'm still waiting!! the wait is killing me............

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

I just changed my chain and sprocket today for $130 at planet... but the sprocket is of a different design.. my phantom now have hardly any pickup power... maybe ah chong did that on purpose to add my top speed...? hmmm...

and like always ah chong wiped the black, greasy engine oil on his hand onto my white shirt:cry:

Edited by VidaK

is it the bike with modded pipe ?

I saw that bike today! its nasty

(all actual conversations in chinese)

ah chong: "what you think of that bike"

me: "errr... it's a phantom... but with no chrome"

ah chong: "bu xiang bike le.. wwwwwwwwwwwwlol"

wahhhhhh my speedo and odo not working suddenly :cry:

checking my speed... wtf 0km/h !?

after unearthing old threads maybe its just that the cable got loose behind the speedo... since the speedo is a little loose itself..

sigh... no tools would just mean that ah chong gets to clean his hands off my t-shirt again :cry: