SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its in the right rear chrome cover. mine is so full of rust that I won't want to use them...

thanks i found it! but the screw damn tight, had to go home take screwdriver. Use key my key almost bent, even house key also!

11022009 Passed 2b BBDC

24022009 Bought Ta200

well... I have been taught to use a 50 cent coin to open that screw... it fits nicely there! anyway, since it contains the tools for the bike maybe the cover shouldn't be screwed so tightly that you would need other tools to open it up lol

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Hi all,

My carburetor joint cracked whilst I was riding and I had it replaced for $45.

Did I get carrot headed?

Sigh, my engine is also leaking engine oil, but the mechanic said it was very minor. He told me that the gasket had to be replaced for more than $100...

The list of repairs says that a gasket only costs $30?

He said that the engine had to be lifted out of the frame to change it. So, is he referring to a gasket or something else?

:faint:

Hi all,

Did I get carrot headed?

Sigh, my engine is also leaking engine oil, but the mechanic said it was very minor. He told me that the gasket had to be replaced for more than $100...

He said that the engine had to be lifted out of the frame to change it. So, is he referring to a gasket or something else?

i suggest u to go straight to planet.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

well... I have been taught to use a 50 cent coin to open that screw... it fits nicely there! anyway, since it contains the tools for the bike maybe the cover shouldn't be screwed so tightly that you would need other tools to open it up lol

For me i took a philips screwdriver to loosen it, then tighten with my house key. I scared no 50cent coin when i need.. I also found my manual on the other side... unfortunately.. its in thai...

11022009 Passed 2b BBDC

24022009 Bought Ta200

For me i took a philips screwdriver to loosen it, then tighten with my house key. I scared no 50cent coin when i need.. I also found my manual on the other side... unfortunately.. its in thai...

at least your manual is authentic!

today just changed some rusty screws into nice shiny new stainless steel ones... about 70% of the visible screws for just one dollar! At poey huat hardware shop, kelatan lane. They have everything about screws of every size lol

Depends on which gasket. There are several.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

at least your manual is authentic!

today just changed some rusty screws into nice shiny new stainless steel ones... about 70% of the visible screws for just one dollar! At poey huat hardware shop, kelatan lane. They have everything about screws of every size lol

damn interesting!

I think i want to change mine too, my speedo there the 2 screws brown color, they lend u the alan key or u ownself bring?

11022009 Passed 2b BBDC

24022009 Bought Ta200

you have to show them a sample, which they would measure the dimensions, then they would look for replacements. you can't possibly travel there with your signals dangling and your chrome covers m.i.a. lol right...? you will need to bring a screwdriver along

you have to show them a sample, which they would measure the dimensions, then they would look for replacements. you can't possibly travel there with your signals dangling and your chrome covers m.i.a. lol right...? you will need to bring a screwdriver along

is this the ones similar to the speedo? the round ones + allen bolts? I kena carrot for $2 each. Now looking for 4 more in silver.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

is this the ones similar to the speedo? the round ones + allen bolts? I kena carrot for $2 each. Now looking for 4 more in silver.

haven't replaced those yet... didn't have an allen key with me at that time... should be cheaper than 2 dollars too ^^

I have been asking LAB these few days... they ran out of stock...

iszt?? only $35

is there a pic which i can see?

does those long headlight cost $100+?

come to my attention that it cost around that price.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Hi all,

Did I get carrot headed?

gasket is cheap yes....but the labour involved in opening up the block and dismantaling it from the bike is not easy....anyway how bad is the leak???if u can live with the black stain, and u dun full throttle much its still a livable problem, provided u check your EO levels diligently,

my suggestion to u is this, if u wanna change the gasket, change it wen ur gonna do some repair to the internal of ur block, IE top over haul, at least when they open up to change the piston, and piston ring inside, the gasket can be changed at the same time too, anyway top overhaul cost bout 300+

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

iszt?? only $35

is there a pic which i can see?

does those long headlight cost $100+?

come to my attention that it cost around that price.

Longer headlights (a.k.a. bullet headlights) for phantom cost $35 dollars at LAB, but recently no stock. sorry I dun have pic... but you can look at snapel's phantom in the buy / sell thread, his phantom has a bullet headlight

There might be other headlights, and probably more expensive than those that LAB sells... You can choose to get them, provided that those can be fitted onto your phantom. Preferably that the size of bulb used is same as your original size (HS / H3)

Longer headlights (a.k.a. bullet headlights) for phantom cost $35 dollars at LAB, but recently no stock. sorry I dun have pic... but you can look at snapel's phantom in the buy / sell thread, his phantom has a bullet headlight

There might be other headlights, and probably more expensive than those that LAB sells... You can choose to get them, provided that those can be fitted onto your phantom. Preferably that the size of bulb used is same as your original size (HS / H3)

oh i seen something even longer and is not run by bulb i guess. some semi conductor i heard... from madman

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

oh i seen something even longer and is not run by bulb i guess. some semi conductor i heard... from madman

what... there are headlights that is lighted by something other than a bulb... can't imagine... I like my metal salt plasma headlight bulb:smile: