SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

what... there are headlights that is lighted by something other than a bulb... can't imagine... I like my metal salt plasma headlight bulb:smile:

i was told. nr really take a good close look at it... ;-)

what helmet looks more cool style? full face or?

i intending to get a new headgear too

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im so poor!!!

i asking RK o ring,front and rear sporket[sun brand] price,but no bady replay me......

well... it MIGHT have something to do with your English

anyway... why sun brand...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

i was told. nr really take a good close look at it... ;-)

what helmet looks more cool style? full face or?

i intending to get a new headgear too

cool or not, either full face, or at least flip-up full face... as for style try to get a helmet of similar colour scheme to your bike... I got a blue full face while my phantom is black... it looked damn gui lan... so I had to compromise other parts of my bike to suit my helmet... sigh...

but safety cannot be compromised (DON'T ever think of half cap or LAB style "soft helmet")

cool or not, either full face, or at least flip-up full face... as for style try to get a helmet of similar colour scheme to your bike... I got a blue full face while my phantom is black... it looked damn gui lan... so I had to compromise other parts of my bike to suit my helmet... sigh...

but safety cannot be compromised (DON'T ever think of half cap or LAB style "soft helmet")

haha.. fasion la.. not that bad. got a pic of your bike? pm me?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

my phantom is more or less stock in appearance... its 2001 black / grey phantom... most FU plates are that colour scheme... muahaha I lazy you can search online for it...

oh i seen something even longer and is not run by bulb i guess. some semi conductor i heard... from madman

LED ring light???LED is semi conductor....hahaha

im so poor!!!

i asking RK o ring,front and rear sporket[sun brand] price,but no bady replay me......

singapore price is S$150+-, JB half the price can get a same quality chain, but u muz know how to look around and ask...PM me if ur interested....

cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

hmmm... now I wonder if RK chains are better or DID chains are better...

individual preference actually....theres no good or bad...DID might be a beta choice as its a widely used chain by Planket motors for phantom, so cheaper price....but u might be surprise a pariah "DID" (imitation) brand that cost half price is also same or slightly beta quality...

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

gasket is cheap yes....but the labour involved in opening up the block and dismantaling it from the bike is not easy....anyway how bad is the leak???if u can live with the black stain, and u dun full throttle much its still a livable problem, provided u check your EO levels diligently,

my suggestion to u is this, if u wanna change the gasket, change it wen ur gonna do some repair to the internal of ur block, IE top over haul, at least when they open up to change the piston, and piston ring inside, the gasket can be changed at the same time too, anyway top overhaul cost bout 300+

Cheers!

The leak is not serious. Its just a large patch of stain.

What will happen if I throttle hard constantly?

Thanks for the advise man. Great help. :)

i have a situation here.. why does my Headlight bulb always blow...?

I just change batt sia...

pls adivise!

Thks

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*

Hello all Phantom lovers.

I always find Phantom bike very sexy. I can spent hours admiring it. It's good & cheap bike for 2B class

I hv been reading the Singaporebikes forum quietly since last june ( that is why no posting) then decided to learn riding on Nov last yr. I past 2B on 1st try in about 3 mths on Feb 09. Not too good but not bad la.

So I bought a Phantom 200 FW and polished it like hell. I also decided to change the seat cover to take care of my butt.

I check several shops and read from this forum that Eugene saddlery is good. So I decide to go to Eugene. Then I met another biker at Mustafa carpark and he strongly recomend me to 72 Motor Shop at 72 DEsker Rd. "Die die must try" he said.

OK. I m skeptical but I deceded to try at 72 motor.

Bros & Sis of Phantom. That Mr. Lim fr 72 Motor did a Superb and fantastic job for my seat cover. The price is even cheaper than most shop I asked.

I end up also fixed a cover for the IU also. Exceleent job & I m very please with the finishing.

I learned that he is currently doing many of the exclusive sub contract job for seats from Harley.

He is also an helmet in liner expert.. He believe only in Arai

This is not an advertisement but my 1 cts contribution to Phantom lovers. I always believe in value for money. Please ride with safety and comfort. U will not believe how much water hold up in your seat, Change the old seat cover and have a comfortable ride. It is cheaper than you expect at Mr. Lim's 72 Motor. But best of all is the quality of finish.

Happy changing to new cheap and good seat cover, it's the most intimate part that u r in contact with your Phantom.

well... it MIGHT have something to do with your English

anyway... why sun brand...

Sorry! My English is very poor, I want to ask is how much money RK o ring? ? ?

sporket behind the front with a set of how much money, I want to look for the sun signs. .

Edited by ckwoo

LED ring light???LED is semi conductor....hahaha

singapore price is S$150+-, JB half the price can get a same quality chain, but u muz know how to look around and ask...PM me if ur interested....

cheers!

I want to know that you are at the motor shop there? ? ? You have contact number?

pls adivise!

Thks

Sounds like electrical surge le... hmmm... you might want to take a look at the electrical connections...

Hello all Phantom lovers.

I always find Phantom bike very sexy. I can spent hours admiring it. It's good & cheap bike for 2B class

I hv been reading the Singaporebikes forum quietly since last june ( that is why no posting) then decided to learn riding on Nov last yr. I past 2B on 1st try in about 3 mths on Feb 09. Not too good but not bad la.

So I bought a Phantom 200 FW and polished it like hell. I also decided to change the seat cover to take care of my butt.

I check several shops and read from this forum that Eugene saddlery is good. So I decide to go to Eugene. Then I met another biker at Mustafa carpark and he strongly recomend me to 72 Motor Shop at 72 DEsker Rd. "Die die must try" he said.

OK. I m skeptical but I deceded to try at 72 motor.

Bros & Sis of Phantom. That Mr. Lim fr 72 Motor did a Superb and fantastic job for my seat cover. The price is even cheaper than most shop I asked.

I end up also fixed a cover for the IU also. Exceleent job & I m very please with the finishing.

I learned that he is currently doing many of the exclusive sub contract job for seats from Harley.

He is also an helmet in liner expert.. He believe only in Arai

This is not an advertisement but my 1 cts contribution to Phantom lovers. I always believe in value for money. Please ride with safety and comfort. U will not believe how much water hold up in your seat, Change the old seat cover and have a comfortable ride. It is cheaper than you expect at Mr. Lim's 72 Motor. But best of all is the quality of finish.

Happy changing to new cheap and good seat cover, it's the most intimate part that u r in contact with your Phantom.

how much? pm me ty.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

yesterday wen to Planet, the mechanic dam good...so far i asked 2 mechanic from different workshop & they give me different viewed..but dis guy...SOLID..i informed him how the bike feel..he test the bike charge me $120 for changing the choke cable, timing chain adjuster & (no sure wat he change ..forgot to asked him) total 3 items...i was thinking that i need to overhaul the bike due ticking sound from the engine & the bike could not idle properly...but this mechanic save my money ..

current bikes: NSR 250 PGM4, HRC CBR 1k & SYM GTS200

Cars :KIA CERATO H/B(05-09)

Bikes:Ypvs 125(90-92),NSR PGM 2(92-93),MBX 125(93-94)

TZr250(94-95),GSXR 400sp(95-98),Aprilia Extrema(96-98), Fireblade 400(98-00),RXZ(98-00),RVF400(00-02), Dalim magma(00-02),RXZ(00-01) Krr150(00-03),R6(02-05),Wave(03-05),125z(03-05),RXZ(08),DRZ SM(06-08)VTR SP1(08-11)Phantom 200(08-10),Fz1s(11-13)

yesterday wen to Planet, the mechanic dam good...so far i asked 2 mechanic from different workshop & they give me different viewed..but dis guy...SOLID..i informed him how the bike feel..he test the bike charge me $120 for changing the choke cable, timing chain adjuster & (no sure wat he change ..forgot to asked him) total 3 items...i was thinking that i need to overhaul the bike due ticking sound from the engine & the bike could not idle properly...but this mechanic save my money ..

how did e bike feel? o_O

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

bike feel better in resposive, & never dies off...

current bikes: NSR 250 PGM4, HRC CBR 1k & SYM GTS200

Cars :KIA CERATO H/B(05-09)

Bikes:Ypvs 125(90-92),NSR PGM 2(92-93),MBX 125(93-94)

TZr250(94-95),GSXR 400sp(95-98),Aprilia Extrema(96-98), Fireblade 400(98-00),RXZ(98-00),RVF400(00-02), Dalim magma(00-02),RXZ(00-01) Krr150(00-03),R6(02-05),Wave(03-05),125z(03-05),RXZ(08),DRZ SM(06-08)VTR SP1(08-11)Phantom 200(08-10),Fz1s(11-13)

pls adivise!

Thks

suggest that check out the circuitry...maybe a short

check your bulb voltage....some older bikes uses 6V...and u may have got the wrong voltage bulb..

sometimes voltage regulator(built into the rectifier)busted..resulting in higher Voltage from the alternator up to 16V output is possible

Edited by mepkoh

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

yup.. indeed planet they'r expert in phantom bikes...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

lol quite i'm surprised. With you colorful bike history, yr first time at planet? I would have thought that you tried nearly all mototiams liao :D. But i hope u find planet as trustworthy as some of us do... It makes it hard for me to try other workshops...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...