SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys, i need some help.

my uncle riding a TA200. he been riding it for a few years already, the paintwork quite jialat.

he say he want to chrome his whole bike, the tank la, the fender la, etc etc..

haha i think a bit ambitious la, but anyone know any good shop that does this kind of thing (chroming the entire bike which i personally feel is siao ah!).

roughly how much also ah?

thanks guys!

- only the good die young.

guys, i need some help.

my uncle riding a TA200. he been riding it for a few years already, the paintwork quite jialat.

he say he want to chrome his whole bike, the tank la, the fender la, etc etc..

haha i think a bit ambitious la, but anyone know any good shop that does this kind of thing (chroming the entire bike which i personally feel is siao ah!).

roughly how much also ah?

thanks guys!

i deinitely would like to see the result...so much chrome may need sunglasses to view it..:thumb:

but beside the cost...you have to maintain it...or else the old piant work woul not look so back...hahhah..jokes aside.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

i deinitely would like to see the result...so much chrome may need sunglasses to view it..:thumb:

but beside the cost...you have to maintain it...or else the old piant work woul not look so back...hahhah..jokes aside.

yeah thats the thing my uncle doesnt seem to understand. haha maintaining the chrome is gonna be a real pain man. but he's quite a crazy fella la, i think he can pull it off.

haha no leads as to how to go abt chroming the whole bike? and price? haha

yeah thats the thing my uncle doesnt seem to understand. haha maintaining the chrome is gonna be a real pain man. but he's quite a crazy fella la, i think he can pull it off.

haha no leads as to how to go abt chroming the whole bike? and price? haha

i've got a contact, chromed stuff with them before. very near my place at Woodlands. Would love to tompang some stuff to chrome with your uncle.

Chroming the entire bike is seriously crazy, given that rain is unavoidable and usually people have better things to do than polish the chromes religiously every week! IMO it'll prolly cost about... Say $5K? LOL.

I have the best signature.

i've got a contact, chromed stuff with them before. very near my place at Woodlands. Would love to tompang some stuff to chrome with your uncle.

Chroming the entire bike is seriously crazy, given that rain is unavoidable and usually people have better things to do than polish the chromes religiously every week! IMO it'll prolly cost about... Say $5K? LOL.

hahaha bro, i just showed my uncle the post, he saw the $5K and almost wet his pants. hahaha he didnt expect it to cost so much, he thought maybe a few hundred only..lol.

doubt he'll be chroming it yet, haha will let you know la. maybe nexttime if i want to chrome then i look for you la.

thanks bro.

Repairs / Maintenance :

* Fuel Sensor $40 (Planet)custom 4 & above

* Battery $26-$30 (LAB) / $30-35 (Planet) / $48 (Ah Koon)

* Steering cone $55-65

* Chain Tensioner $55-60 (for tick tick sound at cold start)

* Front brake disc $45

* tyres (metz) $150 front & back

* Chain $70-120 depending on type

* Chain + Sprocket - $140+/-

* DID O RING with Original Honda Sprocket - $130 (Planet, did it this afternoon)

* signal lights - depending on which type you like. $8-25.

* signal bulb, headlight bulb - 1 $ (LAB, easy DIY) (add on: approved brighter ones for $8. bought from koon.)

* headlight - anywhere from $35 to 90 depending the type you like.

* Spark plug - $4-20 [[ Replay once had his changed for S$2 ]]

* Engine oil - $6 -18 (jB got his lousiest EO for $3)

* Brake Pad $20-25

* Air filter - $10

* wheel ball bearings - $20-35 (depends on how mech chop u)

* Gear Shaft - $100 (planet)

* Clutch plate - $80 (Planet)

* Front fork (1 pair) - $330 (planet)

* rectifier - $75 (planet)

* coil - $180 (planet)

* rethreading of spark plug thread - between $35 - $45.

* gasket - $35 (koon)

* starter carbon - $60 (planet)

* front fender - $45 (original honda)

* rear brake plate w/ pad $58 (planet)

* original rear suspension $180 (planet)

* repair front brake pump (jam) and replace brake oil -$25 - planet

* replace entire front brake pump ($80) - planet

Mods and Accessories:

* Wide handlebar (custom4 phantom type) - $38

* Wide Crashbar with mounting points for spotlights - $80

* Footrest - $65-85

- Front\Rubber part - $5/piece @LAB

- Front\Metal base plate - $11/piece @LAB

- Rear\Eagle footrest - $25/pair @ LAB

* side box e21 - $100-130

* fuel tank - $382 contact madman or check http://www.pinkphantom.com/estore06.html

* spotlights $35 a pair http://www.pinkphantom.com/estore11a.html

* windshield $65-80

* grips $20-120

* chrome w/ rubber strips grips (LAB) - $25

* mirrors $25-50 (jB got his, 8 bucks for small ones)

* look-alike-original mirrors (shop beside LAB) - $20, LAB should be cheaper.

* saddlebags $110-180

* hazard light less than $10 if u fix&wire urself, $18-20 for mech installation [[ S$15 if Replay does it for you! ]]

* rear box $80-150

* voltage stabiliser - $59-$120 depends

* pillion's 'eagle' footrest w/o installation (LAB) - S$22

* rider's ORIGINAL footrest (LAB) - S$18 per side, can be

cheaper?

* stainless steel screws for speedo, and side covers. 6 to change altogether. $1-$1.80 also bought from koon.

*add on : Socket for supporting the head light - $15

*addd on : Gear lever with rubber $20 at koon

* Stebel Magnum 2 (Silver) w/o installation - $18-$20 (LAB)

* Phantom TA 200 gearbox - $540 (*planet)

yup... i did. but still can't open. :cry:

if that is the Dup key(non original) then try using the original key or the one given to you by your bike shop/previous owner, else.. :nono: bike shop fix:cheeky:

or you can try the below method and with your key, go in and out in and out to lube the keyhole and your key, then turning gently to try and make it work..somehow..

Had the same problem and i sprayed WD40 into the keyhole. Shoudl work. Bro try spraying it on and leave it for 5 mins.

sounds familiar :cheeky:

i went to 2 workshops at sembawang n yishun. they tried using the oil and still can't open. had to change new original honda for $56. :(

Is either of them SinBoon or something like that?

guys. just wanna ask. anyone installed the spot lights before? you must install crash bar before installing the spot lights? and is it bright and hows the wiring like? cause i have alot alot of wires running around my whole bike. thanks.

You may get crashbars with spotlight mounts, or a spotlight mount of any desired shape you like. One type is a one-piece bar that screws under your main headlight, the spotlights go on its sides. Another is just like a Super4 headlight mount, can be mounted on the fork beside the main headlight or anywhere desired that doesnt get in the way of your riding position or turning.

I have the best signature.

Hi,

seeking help from here. :)

if i'm riding at a speed of 50kmh and the bike swings lightly from left to right, right to left, on a flat road occasionally on different road.. The handle remains straight at all times. This happens with or without pillion.

Does this got to do with the front suspension?

Hi,

seeking help from here. :)

if i'm riding at a speed of 50kmh and the bike swings lightly from left to right, right to left, on a flat road occasionally on different road.. The handle remains straight at all times. This happens with or without pillion.

Does this got to do with the front suspension?

that should be with your steering cone and bearings.. get it replaced for $60 at planet motor.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2h3ok5w.jpg

guys. just wanna ask. anyone installed the spot lights before? you must install crash bar before installing the spot lights? and is it bright and hows the wiring like? cause i have alot alot of wires running around my whole bike. thanks.

you can install any spotlight, no problem. but risk running out of batteries or your circuit getting wet after a heavy storm.

i had blue and white spotlights before but i got it all removed.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2h3ok5w.jpg