SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

Was quoted $35 to replace the metal rod with spring, $50 for a chiong brake pump with brake handle, $80 for original Honda front brake pump at a repair shop ard bukit panjang.

I took the $50 brake pump and the mechanic performed a brake bleeding to replace all the old brake fluid and remove air in the system.

Ur brake fluild should be fully replaced. And if your front braking is spongy.. den u need a brake bleeding..

sian...i think i got carroted... the mech quoted me $110 for a genuine honda front brake pump... he never drain all my brake fluid and replaced with new brake fluid... he only took the front brake pump out, removed the old pump kit, gave it a quick wash and assembled the new pump kit into the housing and top up with new brake fluid. however, after that, my brake doesnt feel spongy and i find my front brake more 'zia' and feels more responsive. so far so good, no leaks detected so far. but the feeling of getting carroted sucks, plus the fact i gave them business for the third time. regular, still carrot... buay tahan...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sian...i think i got carroted... the mech quoted me $110 for a genuine honda front brake pump... he never drain all my brake fluid and replaced with new brake fluid... he only took the front brake pump out, removed the old pump kit, gave it a quick wash and assembled the new pump kit into the housing and top up with new brake fluid. however, after that, my brake doesnt feel spongy and i find my front brake more 'zia' and feels more responsive. so far so good, no leaks detected so far. but the feeling of getting carroted sucks, plus the fact i gave them business for the third time. regular, still carrot... buay tahan...

did u ask to change the brake fluid? usually there is a cost to that service. its rather simple to get it changed though If it works, its good then. :thumb: usually when you change the pumps, the fluid gets drained to 0. then just fill up with some pumping.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

how to know when my front fork needs servcing?

just compress the front forks once (either you move forward a little and use front brakes or just force the handlebar down) and see if there is any (black) residue on the fork. if there is, your seal is broken, and you should get it replaced... dun let the monster come out!

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

just compress the front forks once (either you move forward a little and use front brakes or just force the handlebar down) and see if there is any (black) residue on the fork. if there is, your seal is broken, and you should get it replaced... dun let the monster come out!

haha.. like that mine confirm need to service... but the uncle at bike shop ask mi dun change first.. use until cannot liao den change... quoted mi 70 for changing it.... any cheaper lobang for this bo?

haha.. like that mine confirm need to service... but the uncle at bike shop ask mi dun change first.. use until cannot liao den change... quoted mi 70 for changing it.... any cheaper lobang for this bo?

if your fork finally stop working, all the stress would be on the steering cone and the yoke... to cut the story short that is just an impeding disaster... service it before it reach that stage!

well... as the list above says... planet reseal the monster at $65 dollars :cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Today I installed power ignite on my phantom the throttle response is better now. Having better pick up in 120km/hr to 130km/hr...

how much was the damage? whats the technology behind it?

Today I installed power ignite on my phantom the throttle response is better now. Having better pick up in 120km/hr to 130km/hr...

what is this power thingy€?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

did you know phantom has different types of spark plug?

(that i know)

denso

NGK(thailand)

NGK(japan)

NGK(type R)

yes i know... theres a expensive plug also... irduim or something.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

yes i know... theres a expensive plug also... irduim or something.

by which brand? made specifically for the phantom?

by which brand? made specifically for the phantom?

Heat rating correct can use liao. I think jtzx is referring to Iridium plugs. It's not a brand per se, just the tip construction material.

haha.. yup thats the plug.. heard alot of good reviews on that.. But normally people will use those thingy on big bikes only nahz..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

haha.. yup thats the plug.. heard alot of good reviews on that.. But normally people will use those thingy on big bikes only nahz..

G-power good....iridium is waste of money due to being a carb bike...shhhh....

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Very pricey. But glad to hear it worked for you :thumb:

is this thingy like grounding? cause my bike did grouding too;)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

anyway where else can i relocate my signal light? i went planet and ah chong told me that he doesnt have the bracket :/

anyone????? :/

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

$249...???? :faint:

No point boosting your electrical circuits since TAs are all on carbs. Benefits in performance mainly for EFI bikes. Yes, it will help your CDI a little. But worth the price? I personally think not. Thanks tons you can do for performance with that money. Heck, just changing sprockets for less than $100 can increase top end by 10km - 15km.

Grounding for $30 (DIY) can easily achieve what PA claims in terms of carb bikes.

$249...???? :faint:

No point boosting your electrical circuits since TAs are all on carbs. Benefits in performance mainly for EFI bikes. Yes, it will help your CDI a little. But worth the price? I personally think not. Thanks tons you can do for performance with that money. Heck, just changing sprockets for less than $100 can increase top end by 10km - 15km.

Grounding for $30 (DIY) can easily achieve what PA claims in terms of carb bikes.

Actually this doesn't do anything with your carb it only assist a better spark plug firing to have a better combustion. As you know no vehicle have a complete perfect combustion that is y carbon is built up in the exhaust...

Selling JBL amplifier

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253308

http://dogshit2.multiply.com/

Correct, what I was refuting was the claim by PA that it increases all bike's performance. When I meant carb, I meant that electrical upgrades do nothing for it, only EFI bikes will have benefits. Fuel injection allows very precise metering of fuel to each cylinder. THIS improves performance and economy.

Better combustion has to do not only with your plug quality and firing, but also largely on your air/fuel ratio (which is taken care of in EFI). A good fire on a bad mix would combust just as badly.

hi fellow PKs, i noticed pertrol smell lingering around my bike, upon further checks on the bike i found out that my carb is leaking petrol, seem to be seeping out between the 2 blocks(upper and lower block) of the carb. when i let my friend see, he say gasket or seal broken liao, ask me go service my carb. can i chk with you all roughly how much it is to service a carb? i hope it is below $40... on budget.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???