[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

i hate calling ah koon. Doesnt give me good answers. i asked how much for a set of tyres once. He said that koon does not give prices like that openly. Come down, put bike then he slowly do and leave there. +_+

Im having slight problems with my modified handlebars and relation to the throttle. Did consider changing to aftermarkets thought. Like the one jtzx is using but not sure if mine can use.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• Replies 3.8k

i hate calling ah koon. Doesnt give me good answers. i asked how much for a set of tyres once. He said that koon does not give prices like that openly. Come down, put bike then he slowly do and leave there. +_+

Im having slight problems with my modified handlebars and relation to the throttle. Did consider changing to aftermarkets thought. Like the one jtzx is using but not sure if mine can use.

really meh. last time i got call one leh. then when i ask price, i know he dun really wanna say but in the end i'll just ask 'ard how much ah?', then he'll tell me lor. :)

Repairs / Maintenance :

* Fuel Sensor $40 (Planet)custom 4 & above

* Battery $26-$30 (LAB) / $30-35 (Planet) / $48 (Ah Koon)/

* $60 woodlands road carltex (7Ah battery)

* Steering cone $55-65

* Chain Tensioner $55-60 (for tick tick sound at cold start)

* Front brake disc $45

* Tyres (metz) $150 front & back

* Chain $70-120 depending on type

* Chain + Sprocket - $140+/-

* DID O RING with Original Honda Sprocket - $130 (Planet, did it this afternoon)

* Signal lights - depending on which type you like. $8-25.

* Signal bulb, headlight bulb - 1 $ (LAB, easy DIY) (add on: approved brighter ones for $8. bought from koon.)

* Speedo BackLight + Workmanship (Planet) - S$2

* Headlight - anywhere from $35 to 90 depending the type you like.

* Spark plug - $4-20 [[ Replay once had his changed for S$2 ]]

* Engine oil - $6 -18 (jB got his lousiest EO for $3)

* Brake Pad $15-25

* Bleed and change brake fluid($10 each side)

* Air filter - $10

* Wheel ball bearings - $20-35 (depends on how mech chop u)

* Gear Shaft - $100 (planet)

* Clutch plate - $80 (Planet)

* Front fork (1 pair) - $330 (planet)

* Front fork seals (plus fork oil of course) - $65 (planet)

* Front fork tube (1 x) - $30 (planet)

* Rectifier - $75 (planet)

* Coil - $180 (planet)

* Rethreading of spark plug thread - between $35 - $45.

* Gasket - $30 (koon)

* Starter carbon - $60 (planet)

* Front fender - $45 (original honda)

* Rear brake plate w/ pad $58 (planet)

* Rear brake disc - $80 (planet)

* Original rear suspension $180 (planet)

* Repair front brake pump (jam) and replace brake oil -$25 - (planet)

* Replace entire front brake pump ($80) - (planet)

* Rear Brake Pump ($85) (planet)

* Overhaul: Piston+Ring+Block+Top gasket+EO+Plug - ($380) - (planet)

* Rear brake light 12 v 5w/18w $1 (planet)

* Clutch cable - $15 (planet)

* Throttle cable - $12 (planet)

* Front Brake/Clutch Lever - $8 each(planet)

* Balancer[the 2 silver thingies at the edge of your handlebars] - $15 (planet)

Mods and Accessories:

* Respray of bike, (front/rear mudguard + Tank) single color - $180 (H L Cycle)

* Wide handlebar (custom4 phantom type) - $38

* Wide Crashbar with mounting points for spotlights - $80

* Footrest - $65-85

- Front\Rubber part - $5/piece @LAB

- Front\Metal base plate - $11/piece @LAB

- Rear\Eagle footrest - $25/pair @ LAB

* Side box e21 - $90-130

* Fuel tank - $382 contact madman or check http://www.pinkphantom.com/estore06.html

* Spotlights $35 a pair http://www.pinkphantom.com/estore11a.html

* Windshield $65-80

* Grips $10-120

* Chrome w/ rubber strips grips (LAB) - $25

* Mirrors $12(LAB) - $50 (jB got his, 8 bucks for small ones)

* Look-alike-original mirrors (shop beside LAB) - $20, LAB should be cheaper.

* Saddlebags $110-180

* Hazard light less than $10 if u fix&wire urself, $18-20 for mech installation [[ S$15 if Replay does it for you! ]]

* Relocating rear signals to license plate - $10 (planet)

* Rear box $80-330

* Voltage stabiliser - $59-$120 depends

* Pillion's 'eagle' footrest w/o installation (LAB) - S$22

* Rider's ORIGINAL footrest (LAB) - S$18 per side, can be cheaper?

* Stainless steel screws for speedo, and side covers. 6 to change altogether. $1-$1.80 also bought from koon.

++ washers to go at 50c each at regina

* Socket for supporting the head light - $15

* Bullet Headlight - $35 (LAB)

* Gear lever with rubber $20 at koon

* Stebel Magnum 2 (Silver) w/o installation - $18-$20 (LAB)

* Daiso electric horns (pair) - $45 (planet)

* Phantom TA 200 gearbox - $540 (planet)

Tow Services & Send for Inspection:

* Towing (to and fro) - $40 (Planet)

* Send for inspection - $60 (Planet)

Hmm.. maybe doing a tabulated format for this listing.

As in??? good to have the list for easy refs in future ;-) so here i am posting the list =p

really meh. last time i got call one leh. then when i ask price, i know he dun really wanna say but in the end i'll just ask 'ard how much ah?', then he'll tell me lor. :)

ya lor.

btw, any cheaper place to do the front fork seals? why is it so expensive to service them? back must service together?

No need unless back one also spoil.

Front seal is expensive to service because need to jack up bike, take out tire and forks then change the rubber seal rings. If oil inside leak until too little have to top up also before fixing back. So quite a fair bit of effort to do it.

No need unless back one also spoil.

Front seal is expensive to service because need to jack up bike, take out tire and forks then change the rubber seal rings. If oil inside leak until too little have to top up also before fixing back. So quite a fair bit of effort to do it.

thanks. read your post about the reserve as well :thumb: Mines working fine. When bike jerking, change to reserve then okay le.

Haiz. Can see oil stain marks and its a little stiff. Quite hesitant to part with my $65. noooooooooooooooooo.

i went ah boy there to look for the transparent or black tinted signal cover n brakelight cover lor. both also dun have!! so sian. the auntie shop also dun have. called ah koon, he have transparent ones but i very much prefer black tinted ones. he charges $9 per signal for a transparent cover n orange light bulb. :) didnt change anyway, still looking for black tinted ones. :)

what does a chain tensioner do?

my uncle's ta200 is nearly 2 years old and the mileage is 39XXXkm

is it time to change the tensioner?

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

what does a chain tensioner do?

my uncle's ta200 is nearly 2 years old and the mileage is 39XXXkm

is it time to change the tensioner?

i spoke to hamster over chain tensioner on FNO yesterday. He said that it's like a wear and tear thingy.. It's inside the cam shaft de..

you can hear a tic tik sound meaning it's time to change chain tensioner.

Guys, I wanna change all my hoses & wiring... for brake hose, HEL is recommended rite? How about clutch & throttle hose? What is good for those 2?

if I wanna change my handle as well, is it a must that I change all the hoses at the same time or it doesnt matter which one I change 1st?

Lastly, does planet carry HEL hoses?

Edited by kzone

Liverpool revival has started....

Guys, I wanna change all my hoses & wiring... for brake hose, HEL is recommended rite? How about clutch & throttle hose? What is good for those 2?

if I wanna change my handle as well, is it a must that I change all the hoses at the same time or it doesnt matter which one I change 1st?

clutch and throttle cables' hoses are fixed... you cannot change the hose by itself... they are plug and play from the clutch lever/throttle body...

if the handle is too wide then some cables might be too short, then you would have to change the cables... or else you have to tow your bike after changing your handlebar...

yes planet carry hel, but you should call first so that ah chong can get one shifted to the workshop. you might wanna try unique if planet does not have the colour that you want...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Brake hoses, any reputable steel braided is ok, not necessarily HEL, although it is rather popular with forummers.

Clutch & throttle cables, you won't go wrong by staying with original Honda parts.

(there's no such thing as clutch/throttle hoses when in the context of TA200)

Changing handlebars:

For wide handlebars, you shouldn't need new cables/hoses IF the mechanic knows how to route them properly. I know so because I had really wide beach bars on my ex-TA200 & I retained all the originals hoses, cables. Unless you are getting apehangers, or if you are picky with how the hoses, cables needs to be routed, you shouldn't need to change anything.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

ah ic... actually Im already using wide handle (fm previous owner) bars but rusted liao so since i'm thinking of changing my cables, contemplating changing it as well...

my bike is almost 5 yrs, mileage abt 55K. Should I change the clutch/throttle cable now? If not, when shud I do it? I dont have any issues with now but dont want to experience snapped cable etc...

Liverpool revival has started....