SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Teaching Career

Guest *Garnet*

Aiya.. my students got juz so obsessed wif bikes every single day. Parents even ask me if i cld juz let their jrs sat on mine 4 a spin or two..

:faint: :faint:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/chic_gal/bfce9dd7.gif

1 can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation..

Real treasure lies not in what can be seen, but what cannot be seen.

Real love lies not in what is done and known, but in what that is done but not known.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still taking my 2B. I'll ride to sch if I get my license and if I know the way.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

Albert Camus

French existentialist author & philosopher (1913 - 1960)

04.09.06 *d@y i got my LicenSe *

09.10.06 *d@y i got my Y125Z *

10.03.07 *d@y my Y125Z is goin' for inspection and passed the inspection*

When did I pass my 2nd and 3rd inspection?

Originally posted by marvypower@Nov 24 2005, 02:09 PM

sh*t leh.. MOE dun wan me...

:cry:

I also never tell them I will be riding to work...

I love Kids!!!

They taste like Chicken!! *slurps*

apply again la... heard they take in too many science teachers tis yr. saturated. wait for all while lor... :cheer:

Life is short... dun do anything juz to regret it later...

Originally posted by Andromeda@Dec 9 2005, 10:59 AM

apply again la... heard they take in too many science teachers tis yr. saturated. wait for all while lor... :cheer:

ya lor..

dunno when then they'll need maths and science teachers...

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Originally posted by marvypower@Dec 11 2005, 03:42 AM

ya lor..

dunno when then they'll need maths and science teachers...

when this current batch of over-saturated maths and science teachers decide to resign when they reach the end of their contract :cheeky:

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by floppy@Dec 11 2005, 03:52 AM

when this current batch of over-saturated maths and science teachers decide to resign when they reach the end of their contract :cheeky:

by then....

GTM oledi old liao...

become OTM... :cry:

Visit...

Here

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Originally posted by marvypower@Dec 14 2005, 03:18 PM

by then....

GTM oledi old liao...

become OTM... :cry:

got chance one lah.

1st time i apply, i was offered science and maths. too bad, i turn down the offer.

2nd time i apply, i was offered pe and maths. this one i like, but i didn't follow thru with the offer to go to nie.

dunno got 3rd chance or not :cheeky:

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by anodise57@Dec 14 2005, 03:34 PM

WILSON..... WILSON....

Morning Mr Ying!!! (harley harley harley................)

Morning???? abit late rite!!

Quick go outside classroom and stand!

pull ur ears and do 100 squats!!

after school do detention!!! :cheeky:

Visit...

Here

Remember MarVyPower!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

sumtimes they r bias..

i have a fren who teaches in pasir ris pri i think..

his principal didnt let him ride into skl..

he has to park outside cp leh..

nw abit relaxed..

prin say that he nvr complain or tok back..

full of bull i think..

well, hope it doesnt happen to me leh..

65c everyday..sian leh..

.the Raven travels alone.

Am I being too prejudiced or are principals really "like that"
Don't think you are being prejudiced. There are even racist principal.

• 4 weeks later...

just came across this thread, interesting discussion. used to be a relief teacher in a sec sch for half a year, rode everyday to sch.... collegues and students were amazed when they found out i actually ride... then i came to realised another teacher rides a foresight scooter, very old teacher.... a while later, came a S4, and that sch i taught in had bike lots in the sch! i tink that's very nice... oh yah, by the way, i heard from my younger sis her sec sch got female teacher ride to sch also! and i tink its quite a big bike, heard she's a PE teacher...

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello teachers,

I am considering teaching as a career, I went to MOE website they state that they take in diploma level WITH 5 'o' levels.... I am getting my diploma but I don't have 5 o's. I enrolled into poly using my ITE cert. Do I stand a chance?

Also, I'm very interested in teaching in ITE... but the website did not mention anything about it. Other than the main course (for teaching pri and sec), they only talk briefly about Pre-school and Poly. Nothing about ITE.

Do you guys have any idea on the route to teaching in ITE? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hello teachers,

I am considering teaching as a career, I went to MOE website they state that they take in diploma level WITH 5 'o' levels.... I am getting my diploma but I don't have 5 o's. I enrolled into poly using my ITE cert. Do I stand a chance?

Also, I'm very interested in teaching in ITE... but the website did not mention anything about it. Other than the main course (for teaching pri and sec), they only talk briefly about Pre-school and Poly. Nothing about ITE.

Do you guys have any idea on the route to teaching in ITE? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

i know of 2 ite teachers. They said that they used to teach in secondary school too. Then an oppening came in ite and they left. Thats all that i know.

I see... I'm guessing must have experience and relevant qualifications. Most of my ITE teachers only talk about about their past work experience, did not mention anything about the NIE certification... I wonder if it is really required. Thanks for your reply anyway :)

Anyone else knows anything about teaching in ITE?

• 5 months later...
Hi, a pri sch teacher here who rides to work.

Is this thread still active?

Hello! A pri sch teacher too...and ride to school as well...:)

i am going to be a relief teacher in a pri sch in the west for the next 2-3 months as well. tomorrow will be the first time i step into a class as a teacher, kinda worry what should i say, teach and handle the kids.

and blurger, you stay in cck? me too. :cheer:

肥仔七åƒå·

i am going to be a relief teacher in a pri sch in the west for the next 2-3 months as well. tomorrow will be the first time i step into a class as a teacher, kinda worry what should i say, teach and handle the kids.

First time step into the classroom, set ground rules and be very fierce. Ensure that the students know you mean business and would stand for no nonsense. Deviate from this by wanting to be a friend to the students and :goodluck: to you. They will climb all over your head... :angel:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

First time step into the classroom, set ground rules and be very fierce. Ensure that the students know you mean business and would stand for no nonsense. Deviate from this by wanting to be a friend to the students and :goodluck: to you. They will climb all over your head... :angel:

actually this thread surface out too late. i already finished my first day in sch.

i am taking pri 5 and 6 with em3 standard and being totally new, with no mentor, no instructions on what to teach, i just anyhow make them read from the textbook. i think i am a d*mn boring teacher. :lol:

the p5 are still ok, except some very talkative students, but the p6... no matter how firm i am, how i shout at them, they also like dont care. they can still comment on my dimple and how tanned i look. cannot tahan them man... but lucky i am taking them for art n crafts only.

its the p5 that i am teaching all the core subjects. math can teach by showing examples and let them try it out. science can be discuss thr' experiments but how to teach english?

肥仔七åƒå·