SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adv & Disadv of GSR400 n Super4-spec3

fraggershell

super4 spec3 VS GSR400  

563 members have voted

1. 1. super4 spec3 VS GSR400

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definately gsr400. tried sit on both bikes and on the spot i chose gsr400. feeling is very important. and dun forget the specs such as digital speedo. gear indicator, digital gear indicator, stylish headlight/ body/ rearlight/ tail/ exhaust, bigger tyre bigger air filter and many more!

heard one of the bike owner hit 208km/h in NSHW Msia with a bit of tailwind and gradient. so far never try b4 but the rpm meter max is higher than s4 mean can go faster.

most impt is ur feeling to the bike :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, im a gsr400 rider...

I would like to know why when im in 4th gear between rpm 4-rpm 5 theres seem to be a

lag..?

I serviced my fuel injector and its still the same....

What any other cause?

Well, this occurs for most EFI bikes. Inevitable. Unless you were to tamper with the TPS or get some modifications.

This is known as the "Herky Jerky" effect stated on online forums overseas!

Edited by Lexanez

I'm a Tutor! Proud to be one!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/lexanez/IMG_0008.jpg

Same.

Except difference in powerband. Either way, what do you expect? Both are 400cc naked, what's there to compare?

Unless you are talking about split second difference which is significant in racing. Other than that, it's a street bike, not designed for race.

Same.

Except difference in powerband. Either way, what do you expect? Both are 400cc naked, what's there to compare?

Unless you are talking about split second difference which is significant in racing. Other than that, it's a street bike, not designed for race.

just asking out of curiosity. whats the top speed of gsr 400?

btw, nice gsr you got there in your signature :angel:

just asking out of curiosity. whats the top speed of gsr 400?

btw, nice gsr you got there in your signature :angel:

Thanks! The highest I ever reached on NSHW was 201km/h on the meter. However, It does have a +7% error on the meter so actual speed would be 186.3km/h

• 2 weeks later...

My ex GSR fetches a good 23-24km/l

Spec3 I'm not very sure but what I heard was 20-21km/l

Both for stock condition.

My EX R I D E S

HONDA NSR 150 SP (FR 1284 A)

HONDA WAVE 125R (FY 3787 R)

SUZUKI GSR 400 K6 (FBB 5592 R)

NISSAN SUNNY 1.5 A (SDK 7355 A)

GILERA RUNNER VXR 200 (FBD 5313 U)

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650...

IAN

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gsr over super 4 anytime, i have ridden super 4 and now gsr. Im loving it. Feels good, looks good. If you wanna talk about top speed, both are 400cc bike and street bikes. Nothing to compare about top speed unless you do something to the engine system, you can only get better pick up, how fast can you ride in singapore?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

U mean the fuel injected Revo, understand its slightly hotter than the carb models. This issue is not just S4. But across all EFI bikes compared to their same older carb counterpart. Theoretically, GSR shud be warmer coz its fuel injected + higher compression at 12.2 compared to S4's 11.3 + underseat zorst. But should not be to the point like R1 can cook nuts & no need to use contraceptive for family planning...

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

• 8 months later...

The one thing I find about the gsr is that the frame design helps deflect the heat. It's a delta boxed frame. The frame cups the rear of the engine bay and angles downwards to connect with the Swingarm.

On the super 4, the heat from the engine flows directly backwards and upwards to cook your nuts. On the gsr, the boxy frame directs the heat downwards and cooks your calves.

I always remembered red thighs from riding the super 4 during training in ssdc, but in 4years of riding the gsr, have never experienced such discomfort before. Only calf area gets hot.

As for the underseat exhaust, the heat Shields prevented it from getting too warm. Pillion never complained nor got burnt.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Interested to try out the gsr400/600 as a side bike for transport. Any particular components that fail over time?

People rave about the reliability if s4 and i've had 2 of them before. Common problems were rectifier, leaky shocks, speedometer sensor failure, leaky radiator hose, thermostat failure.

Just looking for simple transport bike similar to the fz6 which i also used to own

• 5 weeks later...

well to put it frankly..been riding spec 3 for close to five years when i had to sell off my bike to due the ridiculous coe.was pondering hard on what bike to ride as 400cc bikes are limited and then chanced upon gsr400.so thought to myself why not as it looks rugged and instead of getting back spec 3,why not try gsr400 as something diff rite.

as weeks and months passed by,felt uncomfortable with the bike.The agility of the bike when at slow speed,the heaviness of it(comparing it to spec 3) and the feedback of my wife as the pillion seat is too raised.With my super 4,both my feets were level to the ground,having proper control and stability but with gsr400,i had to tiptoe slightly and while going in between cars,had to be slow fearing of side mirror hitting vehicles.

Had a long thought abt changing back to spec 3 and exactly after 5mths,got back spec 3.Never regretted selling of my gsr and getting back spec 3.

its a nice bike to ride but maybe its not my cup of coffee i guess.

Well,im not against those riding gsr,its just my own personal preferences/views.