SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBF riders & place of residence

Delusi0n - Bedok

theforce - Ang Mo Kio (Blue)

imzf - Chua Chu Kang

Yeoman - Jurong East (Black)

Jaggy - Sengkang (Red)

Merboy - Jurong West Ext (Black)

hunter1222 - Hougang (Red)

Welcome hunter, the thread is kind of inactive nowadays but I think questions will still get answered, do feel free to share your thoughts.

Delusi0n - Bedok

imzf - Chua Chu Kang

Jaggy - Sengkang (Red)

Btw guys, i just came back from Malacca with my CBF, no problems, although u must deal with the relatively slow cruising speed of 90-100km, can be quite tiring/boring for the rider

Welcome hunter, the thread is kind of inactive nowadays but I think questions will still get answered, do feel free to share your thoughts.

Delusi0n - Bedok

imzf - Chua Chu Kang

Jaggy - Sengkang (Red)

Btw guys, i just came back from Malacca with my CBF, no problems, although u must deal with the relatively slow cruising speed of 90-100km, can be quite tiring/boring for the rider

Hey Guys,

Think it's time to give a review of ur Bike?

Power :

eg, pick up speed from idling.......from 80kph to max?

Top speed :

Engine :

Ride & Handling :

sitting comfort? stability? cornering? vibration? stability at 90kph?

Quality & Reliability :

my max wif pillion is 110km/hr stable still. engine not so stress. jus feel tat our bikes need another extra gear.haha.

Heard the bike is quiet when not revving? How's the pickup speed from idle? Glad that bike is stable at 110kph :). How's the maintenance? Change oil and spark plug only?

Waiting to see what will Honda come up next for bike below 201cc :D

idiling is still louder than yamaha spark/x1r and wave. not yet change spark plugs.jus changed oil to shell advance ultra 15w-50. pick up is so so.du expect too much frm stand still pick up. i'm jus waiting for more accesories like exhaust pipe for our bikes. so alot rom the turkey website n youtube. y not in spore??? sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys..

im new to riding, just got my 2B licence abt 6mth ago and have been riding TA150.

Im quite keen to get the new CBF150...

can anyone advice me on this:

1) Is there any recommended shop for good price?

2) Is the price at Boon Siew reasonable?

3) What are the things to look out, or ask for when buying a new bike?

Please advice..

thank you...

hi guys

jus bought a cbf yesterday. mind already twitching with potential mods... kekeke...

however, i have met up with some problems and i read through the pages.. it seems like alot of others have this problem too

gear change - i'm getting alot of crackling sound when i downshift my gears or hold them in a half clutch position. they resemble the sound when yur gear selector for the BICYCLE is faulty and yur chain doesnt sit in properly when u change gears... thing is..... we aint got no gear selectors on the outside......

70 km rattle - there seems to be this phenoenon where when i reach 70 km, the engine seems to be revving at a much higher state. can feel the engine screaming abit.. then when it exceeds 75km, it goes back to the smooth feeling.

anyone here knows what is the problem here? design flaw or am i having serious engine problems.

talking about mods.... any one game for a streetfighter cbf or a dakar trailer cbf.??. woooo....

hi guys

jus bought a cbf yesterday. mind already twitching with potential mods... kekeke...

however, i have met up with some problems and i read through the pages.. it seems like alot of others have this problem too

gear change - i'm getting alot of crackling sound when i downshift my gears or hold them in a half clutch position. they resemble the sound when yur gear selector for the BICYCLE is faulty and yur chain doesnt sit in properly when u change gears... thing is..... we aint got no gear selectors on the outside......

70 km rattle - there seems to be this phenoenon where when i reach 70 km, the engine seems to be revving at a much higher state. can feel the engine screaming abit.. then when it exceeds 75km, it goes back to the smooth feeling.

anyone here knows what is the problem here? design flaw or am i having serious engine problems.

talking about mods.... any one game for a streetfighter cbf or a dakar trailer cbf.??. woooo....

Hi dude,

Welcome to CBF150. Hope you like your new bike. Actually based on past comments stating that there is gear shift and engine vibration problems are not really a problem once you get used to the bike.

For gear shift, I have complained in my previous posts saying that engaging 2nd gear is rather stiff and always giving out a loud crack sound. This is actually caused by my own mistake for not revving the engine to the correct speed thus causing difficulty to engage the gear. Likewise, you will have to slow your bike down to the correct speed before you are try to downshift your gears. If you didnt do so, most likely you will get the gear crackling sound or else the gears will not engage properly. Once you find the appropriate speed timing, the gears will engage smoothly.

My own findings of CBF150 gear/speed ratio is as follows;

Gear 5 - 60km/h and abv

Gear 4 - 40-50km/h

Gear 3 - 30-40km/h

Gear 2 - 10-20km/h

Gear 1 - 0-10km/h

What I practice is to drag the bike a little and at the same time increasing throttle gradually when shifting up gears and slow down the bike to the speed range before shifting down.

For heavy vibration when reaching the speed of 70km/h, it is due to new engine breaking in. Try not to push the bike to higher speed instantly. Instead, a steady increasing of speed is encouraged so as to ensure that the new engine is properly break in. After 1st and 2nd oil change, this problem should disappear.

Hope that the above helps you in getting a smooth and enjoyable ride. :thumb:

What's a fair price for a year old used cbf150?

Whats the price for a new one?

thanks

The price for a new bike probably ranges from 5-5.5K depending on the current COE prices and your insurance.

One yr old used bike? not too sure leh cos don't think many people selling anyway, but you can probably take 1k off the selling price for a new bike as depreciation

nice to hear from you, THJ.welcome. usage of the cbf and the pulsar is roughly the same. it ultimately depends on wat do you most prefer. pulsar is very good on mileage but reliability i dont know. my cbf till now didnt gif mi any problems yet on mechanicals. if there's is, i'll jus go back to Boon Siew cos our bikes are new in the market.my fc is 40-45km/ltr. comfort is also good for my height of 170cm.100km/hr crusing is no problem wif my gal plus my box of 45ltr capacity full load.braking system is excellent i must say.