SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

hi... just cruising thru ur forum......

"Not forgetting that the stock tires that comes with your new bike is extremely slippery and may cause you to fall."

agreed that some stock tyres are not of good repute, and therefore changing them is recommended; but during the change, the mechanics' hand are already greasy & oily, (not that we can blame them) these "slippery" elements are therefore transferred to the surface of the new "good quality" tyres, so, upon changing, a running-in of the new tyres is also highly recommended.

even if grease n oil are not transferred, all new tyres are recommended to be run-in, too.

just my two-cents worth of opinion, cheers!!:thumb:

Yeah man... all new tires require "running in" to burn off the initial layer of wax and grease so that it can give optimal grip. Good piece of advice. :thumb:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the motortiam uncle keep insisting that the stock tyre is ok and not slippery and ask me not to change.....any view on this. sorry this is my first bike, forgive me for naggy questions

Monster Energy......CBF150........

"'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"

"Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

but the motortiam uncle keep insisting that the stock tyre is ok and not slippery and ask me not to change.....any view on this. sorry this is my first bike, forgive me for naggy questions

Most of the CBF riders commented that the stock tires are quite slippery for usage. You can run through the previous posts to see their comments on the tires. I personally experience skidding once when I just lightly tapped my rear brake to avoid the taxi in front of me. Fortunately, I managed to wriggle through. Merboy has also commented that the tires grip are worse when riding in multi storey carparks where the road surface are smooth and shiny. Riding on rainy days become a task which require extreme effort from the rider to be very careful, keep a long safety distance and gentle braking to avoid skidding.

Based on what you have mentioned that this is your first bike, I would strongly advise you to change the stock tires since you are new to motorbike and may not be familiar with its characteristics on different road surfaces and conditions.

I am not trying to frighten you nor trying to promote any brand of tires. I am just another rider who know how dangerous it can be to ride a motorcycle and wish to see you riding safely. Dont risk your life just because you wanna save a few bucks. The motortiam uncle advised you that there is no need to change cos he is a typical salesman who wants to close the deal fast and proceed to other customers. I dont blame him cos their jobs is to sell motorbikes only. Just be aware and take responsibility for your own safety.

yeah yeah. tks for all the advice. deeply appreiciate it. i will do the right thing. do it once and do it right

tks to all bro. looking forward to my bike liao.......haha

Yeah man... all new tires require "running in" to burn off the initial layer of wax and grease so that it can give optimal grip. Good piece of advice. :thumb:

'running in' around 100km-150km recommended.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3154/2630373527_9614b93b66_o.jpg

hihi to all, i notice that some liquid is dripping from the hose underneath the bike, i think the hose is for the draining of the engine oil or battery water discharge, do anyone encounter this? liquid smells like engine oil

hihi to all, i notice that some liquid is dripping from the hose underneath the bike, i think the hose is for the draining of the engine oil or battery water discharge, do anyone encounter this? liquid smells like engine oil

it could be the petrol.. if u pump full tank on a main stand, keep it on a main stand the next few time you park, but if u use side stand, the petrol will flow to the side('over'-flow) and drain out to the bottom of your bike.

it could be the petrol.. if u pump full tank on a main stand, keep it on a main stand the next few time you park, but if u use side stand, the petrol will flow to the side('over'-flow) and drain out to the bottom of your bike.

then u know wat the tube is for? i park on main stand when i discover the leakage, my dad told me its battery water discharge. nothing to worry about

then u know wat the tube is for? i park on main stand when i discover the leakage, my dad told me its battery water discharge. nothing to worry about

i don't know which part you're refering to. best solution is when u go for your next service, ask the mechanic.

i don't know which part you're refering to. best solution is when u go for your next service, ask the mechanic.

okok tks, i changed to the battlax tyre, seems like it make the bike abit high, you got encounter this problem

okok tks, i changed to the battlax tyre, seems like it make the bike abit high, you got encounter this problem

u must learn on the tyre characteristic and how they measure.

different tyre label the measurement differently but mostly are two type.

i dun know how battlax tyre label are. but as for me

mine is Dunlop, it state 100/80-17... '100' is the thickness of the horizontally

while '80' (ifi'm not wrong) is the thickness of the tyre vertically.. '17' is the tyre 17inch rim size.

so maybe your battlax tyre are thicker than the stock tyre.

i looking to upgrade to a givi box, i find the current box (FOC one) abit small. anyone know where to get one and do i need to change the rack to fit the givi box(45lt)

i looking to upgrade to a givi box, i find the current box (FOC one) abit small. anyone know where to get one and do i need to change the rack to fit the givi box(45lt)

wats the current brand of your box..

your don't have to change your rack... when u buy a new givi box, it comes with the box and base plate in a set. you just need to replace. your current box can sell at the Garage Thread.

do scout around first for prices. a few place u can go is chiap lee, ah boy, regina... and some normal bike shop sometimes do sell but very limited stock.

as for now, go to givi.com and check which model u want. i think Givi Simply is good enough.. can put two open face helmet side by side. as for me, i kiasu, i get myself a Givi Maxia.

wats the current brand of your box..

your don't have to change your rack... when u buy a new givi box, it comes with the box and base plate in a set. you just need to replace. your current box can sell at the Garage Thread.

do scout around first for prices. a few place u can go is chiap lee, ah boy, regina... and some normal bike shop sometimes do sell but very limited stock.

as for now, go to givi.com and check which model u want. i think Givi Simply is good enough.. can put two open face helmet side by side. as for me, i kiasu, i get myself a Givi Maxia.

The maxia is 52 litres? How is the stability of the bike and how much it cost?thanks

"Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing"

The maxia is 52 litres? How is the stability of the bike and how much it cost?thanks

the price is way to far gap from simply. cost me $390 with installtion. with brake lights. should be a problem cos i saw honda wave with maxia... no joke!

for your info, i dun ride cbf.

i upgrade my box liao, i got the givi simply 450.

bought at ahboy with installation, got 2 helmet bag and 1 liner as foc gifts

how much he charge you? did u bargain?

how much he charge you? did u bargain?

95 leh... i dont know the price market, he say 95 ok lor

then got the 2 helmet bag as free gifts and the liner

how the price

95 leh... i dont know the price market, he say 95 ok lor

then got the 2 helmet bag as free gifts and the liner

how the price

at ahboy they often give high price and expect you to bargain.

i bot a helmet same brand and model as my fren. he bought it for $40 and i got it for $30 after bargain.. hehe.

so newbie go ah boy often dun know... but than again, so far dun know any other shop that can beat ah boy price.

just curious to ask, wat petrol did all of u pump during running in petrol

my first pump is shell 98, today i pump caltex gold

petrol is not a factor.. its more of which one make u feel 'shiok' when u ride. of cos better grade is good.. but than again 98 is good enough... i use to pump V=power from the time i get my bike till the day msia just up the petrol price, me 'downgrade' to shell98. heee

heard than caltex gold is good.. can feel the different.

petrol is not a factor.. its more of which one make u feel 'shiok' when u ride. of cos better grade is good.. but than again 98 is good enough... i use to pump V=power from the time i get my bike till the day msia just up the petrol price, me 'downgrade' to shell98. heee

heard than caltex gold is good.. can feel the different.

hope ferrari can win this week f1 race then next weekend the price of vpower will be the same as shell98.. keke