SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Bol'dor Riders

hellzones

Mainstand is abt 2kg. Not much of an issue cos I way heavier than mainstand. Hahahaha~!

If the price of the mainstand they quote you is 100+, that is not Honda OEM. Same like what I'm using. IMO, good enuff but I'm not sure the current ones have a stronger main pin. I bought Honda OEM main pin from Boon Siew for a few tens of dollars if I'm not wrong. Totally different built.

Waliao wey. Then UM ones $130 made of what sia? Lol... Meaning you installed your mainstand at UM, then changed main pins at Boon Siew?

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/ainyan090407/LVInfernalWar.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/ainyan090407/3583_photo.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nopez... I bought it 2nd hand from a owner I knew who wanted to push his bike to shop. Met him at Equip-X. Sold it to me for 50 bux cos he said bought it at 100+ at Motorworld.

So I knew its not OEM. So upon installing, realize the pin was bent and can't go in and fix it up. Called up BS to check stock and they have it. On comparison, found out that OEM and compatible are totally different in design and construction. To install mainstand is not that tough. Just that have to fight with the 2 springs.

I perspire like playing soccer. :):):)

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Mainstand is abt 2kg. Not much of an issue cos I way heavier than mainstand. Hahahaha~!

If the price of the mainstand they quote you is 100+, that is not Honda OEM. Same like what I'm using. IMO, good enuff but I'm not sure the current ones have a stronger main pin. I bought Honda OEM main pin from Boon Siew for a few tens of dollars if I'm not wrong. Totally different built.

Waliao wey. Then UM ones $130 made of what sia? Lol... Meaning you installed your mainstand at UM, then changed main pins at Boon Siew?

Nopez... I bought it 2nd hand from a owner I knew who wanted to push his bike to shop. Met him at Equip-X. Sold it to me for 50 bux cos he said bought it at 100+ at Motorworld.

So I knew its not OEM. So upon installing, realize the pin was bent and can't go in and fix it up. Called up BS to check stock and they have it. On comparison, found out that OEM and compatible are totally different in design and construction. To install mainstand is not that tough. Just that have to fight with the 2 springs.

I perspire like playing soccer. :):):)

Faz, you mean the split pin? or the long hinge to slot inbetween the frame's mainstand mounting point?

Cos am looking for spares just incase..

also, there's 2 types of mainstand, one is for the old PB1(& if Im nt wrong, they're also for the "L" model frm the learning centres also), the other, would be for the Spec 2/3 & Revo type.

Both construction, mounting kits, springs and desgin are totally different...

& oh, there's technique to install the springs from hinge to the mainstand, & it wont mk u sweat...

cos I got the instruction manual & I tried before.. :D

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Haiya so confusing just to install mainstand. Haha... I think I just get the mainstand from Unique, then changed the pins from BS. Can or not like that Faz?

Haiya so confusing just to install mainstand. Haha... I think I just get the mainstand from Unique, then changed the pins from BS. Can or not like that Faz?

Bro,the things u asked me to help u buy come liao eh,contact me bro:cheeky:

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/ldslds_siggy-1.gif

BY GODSENDWORX=)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305185-ldslds-GARAGE-SALES!!

Can... Why not. Just quote BS the mainstand shaft/pin to install the mainstand to the frame.

Faz, you mean the split pin? or the long hinge to slot inbetween the frame's mainstand mounting point?

Cos am looking for spares just incase..

Its the hinge to slot in between frame and mainstand. So next time can guide InfernalWar how to install mainstand.

Ok i tink i get unique to install for me. Its 130... Am not sure without installation how much. Then Kev, we go together buy the pin?

Its the hinge to slot in between frame and mainstand. So next time can guide InfernalWar how to install mainstand.

o... eh? its sold seperately de? :confused:

neway, can try..

Ok i tink i get unique to install for me. Its 130... Am not sure without installation how much. Then Kev, we go together buy the pin?

ah ok, let me know beforehand if you wana go bah..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

I was quoted the mainstand at around $300+ which claim by the bike shop boss that is original, I'm still considering a $130 (from UM) or the original set :confused:

FYI, the OEM mainstand should have:

1) Mainstand;

2) Hinge, to slot into the bike's frame mainstand mounting point;

3) Lock nut, to secure the Hinge, near the side stand side;

4) Washer & Split pin, to secure the other side of the Hinge, near the exhaust mount point;

5) C Bracket, to attach the springs to from the mainstand to the bike frame;

6) x2 Springs, that is covered with rubber sleeve;

7) x1 Rubber Stopper, to be mounted onto the mainstand, for damping the rebound when retracted;

8) x1 Rubber Bumper, for the original exhaust side, for damping the rebound when retracted;

9) A Owner's/Mechanic installation instruction manual.

Peektures:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4770859018_5fc1ee5d14_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4770859024_e6e9248135_b.jpg

pardon my dirty bike & lousy photography skills... :o

IMO, its still worth to spend for a OEM than a aftermarket's...

As I posted before & experience both aftermarket & OEM mainstands, the aftermarket would make the bike wobble when mainstand is mounted. And sometimes the aftermarket's parts maybe incomplete.

& by right, to mount the springs, is to assemble the whole set 1st, BEFORE mounting onto the frame, NOT using any force to expand the springs to fix it onto the stand from the hinge.

Edited by Kev's

Disclaimer:

Eh, I think its the lock nut leh since you list down the parts... Not the hinge.

I also not sure how wobbly is mine compared to original. You using original right Kev?

Eh, I think its the lock nut leh since you list down the parts... Not the hinge.

I also not sure how wobbly is mine compared to original. You using original right Kev?

dang... :lol:

hmm... wait later i free i go tk a peekture to try & explain what is what?

yup, am using the OEM one, used an aftermarket before, and all i can say is, OEM better la... :p

Disclaimer:

hokay, peektures up on post #5387.

:smile:

Disclaimer:

So kev, urs considered OEM right? I wanna get one of those ah...

Er.. yup.

Bt be prepared for the exorbitant price if the last place i found where i gt mine doesnt hv stock anymore..

As to wat i know, Honda JPN doesnt produce them anymore or they're nt keen to export overseas anymore..

& the places that hv ready stock, is selling @ cut throat price, nt amounting to GST & installation fees yet..

Disclaimer:

So kev, urs considered OEM right? I wanna get one of those ah...

Bro,the things u asked me to help u buy come liao eh,contact me bro

bro infernalwar , the items u asked me to buy arrived..........

Ay bro wad happened,replied everyone's replys but not mine

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/ldslds_siggy-1.gif

BY GODSENDWORX=)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305185-ldslds-GARAGE-SALES!!

Bro,the things u asked me to help u buy come liao eh,contact me bro

bro infernalwar , the items u asked me to buy arrived..........

Ay bro wad happened,replied everyone's replys but not mine

er... call hp? PM?

Disclaimer:

Hi Bros..

Sorry to hjiack into boldor thread.. haha.. want to ask about installing mainstand with full system.

I see from bro Fazli's signature that his bike has a FS with mainstand..

Coz i wanna install a mainstand on my spec3 with a FS..

Wonder got any installation problems anot? coz last time hear alot of pple say cannot ..

Everything happens for a reason... For without reason, we would cease to exist..

er... call hp? PM?

called,dun pick up.

smsed,dun reply.

so pm also no use la lol...

i hope he is just to busy or his phone spoilt and not avoiding me la....

but this thread tell otherwise,he replied everyone except me....

before i make any conclusion,bro infernalwar,please do ur part:cheers:

BY GODSENDWORX=)

Some say can, some say cannot. That was the feedback I got too. But I put mine up with no issues. Maybe you can check with your mech lor...

Hi Bros..

Sorry to hjiack into boldor thread.. haha.. want to ask about installing mainstand with full system.

I see from bro Fazli's signature that his bike has a FS with mainstand..

Coz i wanna install a mainstand on my spec3 with a FS..

Wonder got any installation problems anot? coz last time hear alot of pple say cannot ..

Some say can, some say cannot. That was the feedback I got too. But I put mine up with no issues. Maybe you can check with your mech lor...

unless yrs is a REVO, there may be complications, hv to check with the FS brand website if its compatible.

Otherwise, most of the FS I know, that's for the normal carb spec 3, should be able to compromise the mainstand.

called,dun pick up.

smsed,dun reply.

so pm also no use la lol...

i hope he is just to busy or his phone spoilt and not avoiding me la....

but this thread tell otherwise,he replied everyone except me....

before i make any conclusion,bro infernalwar,please do ur part:cheers:

er... well, you'd said it, maybe hp spolit?

otherwise... :goodluck: ?

Disclaimer:

After the peektures you took peeking under your bike, it is the hinge shaft that I bought at BS. I was told there that BBDC bikes uses this hinge.