SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ramsnake, Which mechanic do you recomend?

You have PM

Edit: Err... can't PM you coz you disabled the feature! LOL...

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

lol..i apologies for my kuku english..haha

Tuning as in he remove my throtter body and set the petrol intake, air intake to my bike to make it smooth..i doono how he did it as i left my bike there for him to do..=)

Throttle body clean-up job? Sounds like it and the cause of a dirty throttle body is poor air filter maintenance and/or regular use of lower quality petrol (leading to injector clog issues or deposits on throttle body)

"i doono how he did it as i left my bike there for him to do.."

No intention to flame anyone here but I think this is a good example of what not to do. Whenever something is wrong with my bike, I usually stay and watch what the mech is doing. If there is anything I don't understand, I'll ask. In cases when I can't stay to see what they're doing, I will always ask 3 questions:

1) what is wrong

2) If part replaced, why faulty part cannot be repaired

3) what is the CAUSE of the problem

I recommend all bikers do this for one simple reason. If you don't ask and don't understand how that part failed, it is very likely that you will have the same problem again sometime in future. This is because you are likely to repeat whatever you have done before that contribute towards the problem in the first place. Knowing the cause will help you to avoid repeating the mistakes.

It's not to late to go back to Extreme Equipment and have a chit chat with them to find out more. I you do find out, hope you can share it with us here.

All the best!

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

Hey guys i need some input.. My oil pressure indicator is on before I turn on engine. When I turn on, the indicator is off!. Funny thing is I've had my bike major service last month which included oil change. What could be wrong?

Cheers

Edited by lemontree123

Hey guys i need some input.. My oil pressure indicator is on before I turn on engine. When I turn on, the indicator is off!. Funny thing is I've had my bike major service last month which included oil change. What could be wrong?

Cheers

Nothing wrong. Do read the manual available here

Oh ok thanks.. easy!

Also, sometimes my rear brake light is not activating when I use rear brake. I've adjusted the brake light switch.. I read here:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/985172

that certain CB400 models in Australia experience faulty brake lights (mine sometimes stay engaged). At times, I re-adjust the brake light switch and fixes the problem, and then the issue returns.. Have you guys in Singapore/Asia experienced a similar thing?

Oh ok thanks.. easy!

Also, sometimes my rear brake light is not activating when I use rear brake. I've adjusted the brake light switch.. I read here:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/985172

that certain CB400 models in Australia experience faulty brake lights (mine sometimes stay engaged). At times, I re-adjust the brake light switch and fixes the problem, and then the issue returns.. Have you guys in Singapore/Asia experienced a similar thing?

Spray some "All-in-one" lubricant or WD40 on the switch and all moving parts and contact. This should git rid of any grits or dried up stuff causing non contact or conductivity of the switch.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Throttle body clean-up job? Sounds like it and the cause of a dirty throttle body is poor air filter maintenance and/or regular use of lower quality petrol (leading to injector clog issues or deposits on throttle body)

hmmm, I think Xiao_Vintage87 is referring to tuning?

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

hmmm, I think Xiao_Vintage87 is referring to tuning?

Maybe. Well, he didn't indicate that he's got a PC on his bike as you'll need it for any EFI bike tuning. Could also be stock ECU errors and they might have just re-set ECU to default maps.

But then we're all just guessing here... :)

hey guys, any recommendation for tyres? already tried m5. want to try others though. thank you in advance yah!

Michelin PR3

i got another problem. i encountered a high coolant temperature(the one above neutral) 2 months ago. so i went to workshop and true enough there is no coolant. and today, i just came back from jb, the high coolant temperature reappear again for 1 to 2 seconds and disappear. i am starting to have a big bad feeling about this bike. anybody encounter this problem? ever since i change coolant i been looking for signs of leaking but there is none. any help will be much appreciated.

i got another problem. i encountered a high coolant temperature(the one above neutral) 2 months ago. so i went to workshop and true enough there is no coolant. and today, i just came back from jb, the high coolant temperature reappear again for 1 to 2 seconds and disappear. i am starting to have a big bad feeling about this bike. anybody encounter this problem? ever since i change coolant i been looking for signs of leaking but there is none. any help will be much appreciated.

What eo are u using?...ur level could have dropped drastically and engine heat is heating ut ur coolant..oso check ur radiator cap for pressure rubber seal..see if it has cracks on end or semi-harden.

Hey guys, really need help. My high coolant indicator pops up again. And i just change coolant last month. I dont encounter any leaking at all. I really dont see the point of topping up coolant every single month. Any help will be much appreciated.

Can be ur EO not suitble for ur ride and style usage. Change a better eo and see how.

Hey guys, really need help. My high coolant indicator pops up again. And i just change coolant last month. I dont encounter any leaking at all. I really dont see the point of topping up coolant every single month. Any help will be much appreciated.

Did you checked/replace your radiator cap as @Ah Pek suggested? Do also check if your coolant hoses and clips/fasteners are in good condition. If hoses are too worn out there may be tiny cracks that are not be visible resulting in leakage over time. Hoses should be soft when pinched with fingers. Not hard and/or brittle.

Also look at the colour of the engine oil through the sight glass. Does it look like teh tarik? If it does, bad news, bro. Coolant leaking into engine...

Is your radiator cap checked? The seal might be damaged.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE