SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

normally quotation includes machine price, insurance, agreement fees and certificate of entitlement only right? do correct me if there is missing detail. i was quoted $720 for second party insurance with 2 years riding experience. is this a correct figure?

some might charge GST . check if IU unit is included or not.

insurance wise pls look into the T&C n find the one tat suits ur budget.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sori guys wanna ask can super4 revo pump spc 92 petrol?

Yes bro, i pump esso 92. once a while i will pump higher octane fuel thou.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Most shops represent a few insurers. Ask them which insurer's premium they are quoting you and ask them to check the premium from another insurer. Don't be penny wise pound foolish when choosing insurer.

E.g. For 3rd party + Fire and Theft

Insurer A - $500

Insurer B - $420

Although B seems to be cheaper in terms of annual premium, it may in fact be "more expensive" because B has an Excess Clause sum of $1,000 whereas A's Excess is only $200. "Excess Clause" is a clause in the insurance policy that states that the insurer will pay for amounts in excess of the amount stated in the event of any claims for repairs required. You the insured is responsible to pay for the amount stated.

So, say you hit a Mercedes from behind and it costs $2,500 to replace his bumper. You will have to pay $200 if you chose Insurer A. If you chose insurer B, you are liable for the first $1,000.

Other than machine price, insurance premium and excess clause, agreement fees and certificate of entitlement, do ask them their interest rate. Also check if the shop has any ERP clause (Early Repayment Penalty).

thanks for the explanation regarding the insurance. normally new machine interest rating is at range of 5% - 7% right?

some might charge GST . check if IU unit is included or not.

insurance wise pls look into the T&C n find the one tat suits ur budget.

hmm, unit is included but cost $100 as written by the sales-personal, and also i do believe that machine that is under hire purchase are only allow to go with second party and above right?

[@Winners - You tried using the Rapid Fix on hoses and it didn't hold? This is interesting because the video shows them repairing a coolant hose with the glue. Can you share more info on this please?

It's stated on its packing that the Rapid Fix is not suitable for porous and flexible materials. I've tried on a flexible hose (not coolant hose) before and it is not that it won't work, but it won't lasts. It failed again after only a short period of usage. That's my experience, even with those normal SELLEYS super glue.

E.g. For 3rd party + Fire and Theft

Insurer A - $500

Insurer B - $420

Although B seems to be cheaper in terms of annual premium, it may in fact be "more expensive" because B has an Excess Clause sum of $1,000 whereas A's Excess is only $200. "Excess Clause" is a clause in the insurance policy that states that the insurer will pay for amounts in excess of the amount stated in the event of any claims for repairs required. You the insured is responsible to pay for the amount stated.

So, say you hit a Mercedes from behind and it costs $2,500 to replace his bumper. You will have to pay $200 if you chose Insurer A. If you chose insurer B, you are liable for the first $1,000.

From my understanding there is no Excess for 3rd party insurance. That's because you cannot claim against your own insurance for the repair of your own vehicle. On the other hand, your insurer is fully obligated to pay the full amount claimed by the plaintiff (subjected that you are at fault). However, the insurers are not stupid and they will normally ask for a "cut" from the claimed amount.

hmm, unit is included but cost $100 as written by the sales-personal, and also i do believe that machine that is under hire purchase are only allow to go with second party and above right?

yes correct, TPFT & comprehensive allowed only if under hire purchase

Tks bro. Bt den if pump 92 it wun harm e bike engine rite? Cuz I heard frm other ppl says if pump 92 wil spoilt e fuel pump ar?

i pumped for over a yr.

if ron92 will spoilt fuel pump, nobody would have pumped tat at all.

thanks for the explanation regarding the insurance. normally new machine interest rating is at range of 5% - 7% right?

Last I checked (late last year) 5-7% should be for 2nd hand bike. New bike would be about 3-4%. Rates may have changed. Ask a few shops for their rates so you know what are the current rates.

From my understanding there is no Excess for 3rd party insurance. That's because you cannot claim against your own insurance for the repair of your own vehicle. On the other hand, your insurer is fully obligated to pay the full amount claimed by the plaintiff (subjected that you are at fault). However, the insurers are not stupid and they will normally ask for a "cut" from the claimed amount.

Sorry for the confusion. My bad... :)

Yes, Excess Clause applies to Comprehensive policies only. So, insurer will pay repair cost for your bike in excess of the Excess Clause sum.

Tks bro. Bt den if pump 92 it wun harm e bike engine rite? Cuz I heard frm other ppl says if pump 92 wil spoilt e fuel pump ar?

Honda recommends minimum unleaded RON91.

I used to pump Shell VPower Racing (M'sia) all the time. Now mainly pump VPower97. I find that VPower does make a difference in power output.

The fuel pump wouldn't know the difference and won't be spoilt if you put in lower RON fuel. Provided there is electricity supply, it will pump any liquid you put in the tank. Of course if you pour water into the tank, it wouldn't pump because it relies on the engine to run in order for the alternator to supply the electricity... :)

Edited by SparkerS1

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

Last I checked (late last year) 5-7% should be for 2nd hand bike. New bike would be about 3-4%. Rates may have changed. Ask a few shops for their rates so you know what are the current rates.

okay, will be gathering more information to prevent losses in the near future. anyway had anyone recently purchase a brand new machine? care to share your OTR Pricing with me?

none of those shops mention above have ready ABS machine. how expensive does it cost? i thought ABS and non-ABS are of $1,000 different?

i mean why all the three shops quote different valves, and it quite a different between each other.

tat is expensive..i didnt know revo with abs can cost up to 25K!! siallah better save more for class 2!! lol..

but bro i think u get revo non abs better.. i bought my 2nd hand,3yr old bike revo with abs for 12k frm bike production.. seriously it is a gd bike to say la..as all revo bike is..

but u wun have the freedom to mod yr bikes etc.. esp brake hose,disc etc.. my brake disc i want to change cannot.. if u re planning to stick to his bike for a long time then ok la.. but if u re going to change in the future dun get abs.. get non abs..

Ride for our loves ones..:cool:

Hi to all brozz!!!

you can multi-quote many posts and reply in one single post, it will look neat & tidy instead of several single posts.

There is this ("+) icon next to the reply with quote, just click on several posts you wanna reply and once you selected the posts, click reply to thread and you're done.

Cheers :)

Hi to all brozz!!!

you can multi-quote many posts and reply in one single post, it will look neat & tidy instead of several single posts.

There is this ("+) icon next to the reply with quote, just click on several posts you wanna reply and once you selected the posts, click reply to thread and you're done.

hi bro ...

sorry if i ask a noob Q

few days ago i come across this problem ... when i on my revo the meter pin bounce once but when i start engine the meter pin bounce again ...

Q >>> is that any problem to my bike???

do all revo is like this???

Hi to all brozz!!!

I do use multi-quote whenever the opportunity arises. It's especially useful when replying or commenting on several posts that are related.

Noted that you have edited my last posts to combine all of them into one post. IMHO the way you've combined my last posts into one isn't useful because they are of 3 different topics. That's why I didn't multi-quote those posts. Being neat is one thing but I believe function over form should be the preference.

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

hi bro ...

sorry if i ask a noob Q

few days ago i come across this problem ... when i on my revo the meter pin bounce once but when i start engine the meter pin bounce again ...

Q >>> is that any problem to my bike???

do all revo is like this???

Under-charged/weak battery indicator. Do read more on this in the FAQ thread here

Hi,

Not sure whether this topic has been discussed before but any comment/feedback on the various street-legal aftermarket exhausts for the Revo?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif

Being neat is one thing but I believe function over form should be the preference.

Just sharing wif ya, replying to a few diff posts in one post do serve the function of answering/replying several posts.

Not sure whether this topic has been discussed before but any comment/feedback on the various street-legal aftermarket exhausts for the Revo?

Definity alot lighter than the bulky and heavy stock exhaust.

Louder & bassier than stock exhaust tone, varies among diff aftermarket exhaust.

We have riders using LV slip-on, GPR slip-on, Yoshi R77 Slip-on, Yoshi Full system etc. Some exotic exhausts are moriwaki & SP tadao (Single or dual muffler available).

tat is expensive..i didnt know revo with abs can cost up to 25K!! siallah better save more for class 2!! lol..

but bro i think u get revo non abs better.. i bought my 2nd hand,3yr old bike revo with abs for 12k frm bike production.. seriously it is a gd bike to say la..as all revo bike is..

but u wun have the freedom to mod yr bikes etc.. esp brake hose,disc etc.. my brake disc i want to change cannot.. if u re planning to stick to his bike for a long time then ok la.. but if u re going to change in the future dun get abs.. get non abs..

3 year old Revo 12k from bike production? How much would a 3 year Revo with no abs cost then? :)

3 year old Revo 12k from bike production? How much would a 3 year Revo with no abs cost then? :)

Can be the same. Must take into consideration what accessories the bike comes with.

eg. cb400 revo abs fully stock $12,000

cb400 revo non-abs with yoshimura full system $12,800 to $13,500 depending on bike shop.

Hope it helps. :D

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/blade_trinity21/EditedRevo2.jpg

Can be the same. Must take into consideration what accessories the bike comes with.

eg. cb400 revo abs fully stock $12,000

cb400 revo non-abs with yoshimura full system $12,800 to $13,500 depending on bike shop.

Hope it helps. :D

thanks bro, that was useful.:thumb: