SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, my bulb is the Osram Night Breaker Plus. It would be nice if Hakim can let us know which Philips bulb he is using for comparison purposes. No dis-respect intended to Hakim, but based on the comparison at the car park earlier, I note that the focus of my Osram headlight and overall brightness is better than Hakim's Philips.

I'm pretty happy with the Osram, which is way brighter than standard H4 halogen bulbs. At $39, it is also $20 cheaper than the Phillips equivalent (Phillips Xtreme Vision). Value for money! :thumb:

Yo Revo Brothers, ok here i go. Mine, im using the Phillips Vision Plus H4 bought at MotoWorld. Price SGD35 as on 14/03/2011:cool:

Was a good meet for us. Hope we'll have more in the future. Looking forward for meet ups and going across the island together. :D

hehehe....:angel:yeah u're right! Going across the island together is a must. At least once a year.

Planning to go October Sepang MotoGp 2012!!!

I've been there twice so far, with my beloved Revo. :thumb:

hi all,

i bought my Revo bike on 08/08/08 the mileage now is 62400 and will be 4yrs this coming 08/08/12 and until now i have got no problem with the bike, it have never see bike shop since i ride it off the shop. only for a tire, chain and sprocket change. EO change and filter done it my self at work.

U and ur bike POWER ah bro...:angel: Care to share with us on what vitamin u hv feed the bike? STP, V-Power, etc...???

Anyway nice date 08/08/08. Well, mine i bought on 05/08/09. But out from the cage on 07/08/09:cheeky:

Hi guys, any one of you interested to get voltmeter for your bikes?

Its this model, unused, available in red/blue for $40 (nego). I can help you fix also for free. PM me if you're keen.

http://images02.olx.com.sg/ui/9/52/60/1291212777_143075260_1-Pictures-of--Brand-New-MR-Gauge-Voltmetersmallest-Voltmeter-in-market-now-1291212777.jpg

Hey Edward! Come, wanna enrol Class 5 together???:p

Not at the moment. Perhaps after I get my class 2. Big vehicle not easy to drive. Btw I took 4 attempts to pass my class 4...lol

Class 3: 12th Jul 2007

Class 4: 24th Aug 2009

Class 2B: 8th Jul 2010

Class 2A: 15th Nov 2011

Class 2: 19th Mar 2013

My Rides:

Yamaha FZ 150i [FBD xxxxx] - 12th Jul 2010 - 24 Nov 2011

Honda Super Four CB400 Revo [FBE xxxxx] - 24 Nov 2011 - 23 Mar 2013

Yamaha XJ6 Diversion [FBH xxxxx] - Since 23 Mar 2013

Ok, Nvm. Get ur Class 2 first then. But how come take class 4, 4 times:cheeky:

For me the 2nd attempts then passed.

That time don't have road experience. Don't even have a chance to drive a car. But that was before I took my 2b

My Rides:

Jus sent my 8mths old to Boon Siew.

Recent few weeks have this problem whereby after turning to igintion to ON, the PGM FI orange light (icon looks like a submarine) wont go off. Then the bike will not start when you press the START switch. You need to turn the key to OFF and ON several times and when the PGM FI light goes off, then the bike can start.

Any REVO owners encountered such problem? Btw, my mileage is 4600km+.

Hi bro, i just got my revo on friday. Second hand, 2+ year old bike mileage at 37k++. I am encountering the same problem and i realise that it happens when i turn my 'engine off' switch after i park my bike. (i.e. after i park my bike, i turn the 'engine off' button to shut down the engine, then go off. and when i return to start the bike this problem occurs. i tried turning the ignition key off instead of using the 'engine off' switch and so far the problem has stopped.) Would like to find out from u what did boon siew say the problem was? And how much did it cost to rectify this problem?

Agreed! S4 is the best of 2A, no doubt!

I bought spec2, 3 & Revo.

Revo better than other spec regard the FC, fast respond & smoothness.

The only defect is the engine heat very hot & will affect to the fuel injector lifetime.

Most encounter fuel injector faulty at mileage ard 40-50K km with suspected overheat.

The preventive is at least left over 1/3 fuel in ur tank to reduce heat frm engine.

I believe all revo's experienced that the tank will be very hot when hit the reserve.

Cheers for S4!

Thanks for the knowledge, bro.

To share my recent woes. I am riding a Revo, date 12 July 2008. Couple of weeks back, I experienced a fault. After checking it out at Unique, I was told that the throttle positioning sensor was screwed. Cost of original set was $1.7k, but aftermarket sensor only, $280. Bought that, and have been experiencing high rpm from then on. It was only on Saturday when they lowered the toggle, bringing rpm down. They can't find any fault, and true enough when I rode it again, the high rpm was gone.

I also experience high heat from engine, like bro said. I will now try to top up petrol every 2-3 days instead of waiting for it to go to reserve.

Drive : Proton Saga 1.3M SJN plate (11th June 10 - Present)

Ride : Honda S4 Revo FBC plate (12th July 08 - Present)

Former Ride : Phantom TA200 FV plate (9th September 05 - 12th July 08)

im using motul 300v eo. maybe bcoz my bike never taste any malaysia petrol before. just two cent thought.

U and ur bike POWER ah bro...:angel: Care to share with us on what vitamin u hv feed the bike? STP, V-Power, etc...???

Anyway nice date 08/08/08. Well, mine i bought on 05/08/09. But out from the cage on 07/08/09:cheeky:

im using motul 300v eo. maybe bcoz my bike never taste any malaysia petrol before. just two cent thought.

There is nothing wrong with Malaysia petrol. I pump Malaysia Petrol most of the time. My preference is Shell but I do pump Petronas, BHP or whatever. If Malaysia petrol is really that bad, how do you think people make it all the way to Hadyai and back? How is it that many riders ride up to Sepang for track days, Camerons etc. and then ride back with no problems? You think they tapau Singapore petrol?

Please stop spreading this mis-information.

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel:

There is nothing wrong with Malaysia petrol. I pump Malaysia Petrol most of the time. My preference is Shell but I do pump Petronas, BHP or whatever. If Malaysia petrol is really that bad, how do you think people make it all the way to Hadyai and back? How is it that many riders ride up to Sepang for track days, Camerons etc. and then ride back with no problems? You think they tapau Singapore petrol?

Please stop spreading this mis-information.

I totally support u brother! I myself top up petrol all the way since bought my Revo, at least once a wk confirm I ride to JB for Shell V-Power. Those who spread abt Malaysia diluted petrol are damn IDIOT! :dot:

Hi bros, i brought a (used) S4 and collecting in 2 days time. I saw the bike come with brake hose. Any purpose on that? Need to refill or service the brake? If yes roughly how much it cost ah? Thanks

2009 - Honda NSR SP 150

2010 - Yamaha X1-R 135

2011 - Honda Super4 Spec 3

2012 - Yamaha Spark 135

2012 - Yamaha X1-R 135

2013 - Sym GTS 200

2013 - Yamaha Jupiter mx 135

2014 - Yamaha R6 '08

2015 - Yamaha Spark 135 - Current

hi i have recently acquired a specIII vtec in india . I am trying to look for a maintenance manual for it . But its nowhere to be found pn the net . There is a manual on this forum http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...-repair-manual but i dont have privileges to open this page can somebody please post it here ? There are no good mechs around where i live and have to get through this problem only through DIY . Please HELP !!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/6858906010_b5a4cf757f.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6091/6858907444_21fa1249e7.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7225/7005026685_788a0bc4f6.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6057/6858908940_501c2963dd.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7205/7005028283_e7d55a8c98.jpg

My Bike after tune up many racing parts from Japan. many photos will be upload

Wow, amazing.....looking forward ur pictures :)

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Now there is a prob with my bike.

The headlight is unable to work properly. The low beam is not working and I cannot switch to high beam using the high beam -low beam switch. However I can manually press the high beam 'trigger - like' switch for the lights.

By the way the light bulb have 2 fuse? one for high beam and other one for low beam?

That time Hakim bike also encounter the light bulb prob.

My Rides:

Hi guys, any one of you interested to get voltmeter for your bikes?

Its this model, unused, available in red/blue for $40 (nego). I can help you fix also for free. PM me if you're keen.

Sorry, mate, brand new guages are available for $25 now. Comes with one-to-one exchange warranty. I've used one for about 3 months now - accurate and no waterproof issues.

Maybe you should just keep it for own use or let go to a friend for less than $25? All the best! :cool:

I totally support u brother! I myself top up petrol all the way since bought my Revo, at least once a wk confirm I ride to JB for Shell V-Power. Those who spread abt Malaysia diluted petrol are damn IDIOT! :dot:

Hey, relax man... let's be cordial here ok?

@gkang I may have sounded harsh but do know that no offence is intended... :)

Be wary of the source of information for your bike's maintenance. Some FAQs are compiled by people who lack the technical know how. :angel: