SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Insurance

Ted

hello.i got a question to ask.

if i am buying a second bike directly from the owner,do i have to get a insurance BEFORE we go transfer the bike?but then if it requires mi to get an insurance before the bike can be transffered to me,i am not owner then can buy insurance meh???then wat if i buy the insurance liao then the seller run away dun wan sell mi the bike?

i know it may sonud confusing.

http://quick.imgfree.net/images/56505.jpg

Riding SP since 17th May 2006

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all got a question here

i accumalated 20%ncb ,10% discount and 5 %loyalty, total 25 % for the next renewal riding a small bike using my dad;s name.

say if i wanna get another bike still using dads name as main rider,and still keeping this current bike, does the new bike qualify for these discounts? does the discounts follow the owner or the bike?

or do i need to cancel the current premuim then the discounts can be brought over to the next bike?

advise pls .

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

Originally posted by kokping@Sep 24 2005, 12:34 PM

hello.i got a question to ask.

if i am buying  a second bike directly from the owner,do i have to get a insurance BEFORE we go transfer the bike?but then if it requires mi to get an insurance before the bike can be transffered to me,i am not owner then can buy insurance meh???then wat if i buy the insurance liao then the seller run away dun wan sell mi the bike?

i know it may sonud confusing.

Yes, you must get insurance to cover you BEFORE the transfer of bike to your name. LTA will NOT effect the transfer if you do not have valid insurance coverage.

Imagine they transfer to you first... then on the way out from LTA, you kill/injure someone on the road before you get your insurance :giddy:

Since this is compulsory for all transfers, it is standard practice ... so yes, you can get insurance even though the bike have not been transferred to you yet.

If after you have obtained the insurance and the bike is not transferred for some reasons, you can terminate the insurance policy. Depending on the insurance policy and the duration of policy remaining, you should be able to get a partial refund :smile:

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

ok thanks a lot for helping!

sorry to cause so much confusions due to my poor explainations.

last question...

on my insurance paper, there's this section under "IF YOU SELL YOUR VEHICLE"

under it, it says i need to surrender the original inforce certificate of insurance to NTUC...failure to comply need to pay fine $500

my insurance ending 24 oct and i'm selling off my bike in a few days time...

so what do i need to do? do i need to go down to the ntuc income center to hand this?

quite clueless when i saw this bit of information.

thanks in advance :)

nov04 - oct05: TA200

dec05 - feb07: CB400SF4V3

now...MRT!

blog @ zandon.com

save the world

Only after the last tree has been cut down

Only after the last river has been poisoned

Only after the last fish has been caught

Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten

Taken from An old Cree Indian saying

i just called mitsui and NTUC for a quotation for my bike...

NTUC 3rd party fire and thief: $631

3rd party only : $410

Mitsui 3rd party fire and thief: $389

3rd party only : $185

very big different.... however one thing strange for mitsui is they didnt ask me how long had i got my licence.... i ask them they say no need??? :giddy:

is it like tat for mitsui?? :confused:

Don't be deceived by appearance;

Know the true essence that lies beneath,

This is what is the most important.

If a claim is made, the NCD will be reduced to zero. If you are involved in an accident where the third party is at fault, the NCD

will not be reduced because of this claim.

NCD applies to you and not to the Insured Vehicle, but if you own more than one vehicle it can only be applied to one policy at a

time. NCD can also be transferred from previous insurer and the actual entitlement is subject to confirmation by them.

taken from the ntuc policy form, it says NCD follows you not the vehicle, if i own more then i vehicle, it can only be apply to 1

lets say , i riding a small bike now, next time i wan to buy another bigger bike and i wan to use the NCD on the new bike, can i cancel the my existing bike which used up the NCD, and get a new premium for it.(so currently no NCD is used) and apply another premium for the bigger bike and use the NCD for the bigger bike ?

sounds very confusing to me also,

need advise, thanks

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

Hi..

I have some queries.. Am planning to get a litre bike soon.. Have heard abt the insurance companies' new policy whereby the premium would be based on the most inexperienced/younger rider? Hence, it would be redundant to use a relative of an older age to become the registered owner of my bike?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Appreciate them.

Kawasaki KRR ZX150

Suzuki GSXR400 RR

Honda CBR400 RRR Fireblade

Yamaha YZF R1.. no more.. :-(

Originally posted by anonymous09@Oct 9 2005, 04:08 AM

Hi..

I have some queries.. Am planning to get a litre bike soon.. Have heard abt the insurance companies' new policy whereby the premium would be based on the most inexperienced/younger rider? Hence, it would be redundant to use a relative of an older age to become the registered owner of my bike?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Appreciate them.

Yes, the "loophole" has been plugged. They will base the premium on the youngest/inexperienced rider :sian:

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

• 2 weeks later...

1) NTUC

2) Mitsui

3) AXA

-------------------

Not very sure whether motor have these insurance covered bo....must try and call them if interested.

4) AIG

5) Allianz

6)China Insurance

7)Asia Insurance

8)Aviva Insurance

9)India Int'l Insurance

if i buying bike frm private seller, can i go to motorshop and get my new insurance and transfer of ownership? do all motodiams link up to mitsui, which i wann buy the insurance frm..thnks

24th Feb'06 - 28th Jun'06 NSR 150SP FR 8*9*Y

29th Jun'06 -Dec'06 Crutches n Taxi

Jan'06 - present day Public Transport

25th May'07 Daihatsu Extol

bike sold on my bdae!!

hello guys, can i find out from u guys if i add a sub rider to my current active insurance do i have to pay an extra charge?

if yes how much will it cost? :confused: :confused:

thanks in advance! :smile:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

erm.. i guess dun hv to pay extra charges unless he/she is younger than you or bike licence less than 2 yrs? I'm not too sure though but for my case, I add a sub rider without extra charges as he is older & with 10+ yrs of riding licence... but my insurance is killing me as there is many factors not in favour of me... :giddy:

DUCATI 1098 :bouncefire:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2a62l1h.jpg

My road tax ends on 27 nov 2005 and my insurance ends at 19 august 2006. If i renew my road tax for half yr, which means it will expire on 27 MAY 2006. But upon expired on 27 MAY 2006, i can't renew road tax for another half yr rite ? due to my insurance expire on 19 AUG. 2006 ? How do i solve this problem when i want to renew my road tax the 2nd time when it expire on 27 MAY 2006. ? :confused:

:help: :help: :help:

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Originally posted by Vuitton@Oct 26 2005, 11:28 AM

My road tax ends on 27 nov 2005 and my insurance ends at 19 august 2006. If i renew my road tax for half yr, which means it will expire on 27 MAY 2006. But upon expired on 27 MAY 2006, i can't renew road tax for another half yr rite ? due to my insurance expire on 19 AUG. 2006 ? How do i solve this problem when i want to renew my road tax the 2nd time when it expire on 27 MAY 2006. ? :confused:

pay money to extend ur insurance lor

Originally posted by LuncheonMeat@Oct 24 2005, 10:53 PM

erm.. i guess dun hv to pay extra charges unless he/she is younger than you or bike licence less than 2 yrs? I'm not too sure though but for my case, I add a sub rider without extra charges as he is older & with 10+ yrs of riding licence... but my insurance is killing me as there is many factors not in favour of me... :giddy:

cuz i wan to add my sister who just passed as my sub rider. we are both above 21 and both less than 2 yrs riding experience. anybody can give advise? :confused:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Originally posted by Vuitton@Oct 26 2005, 11:28 AM

Go to your insurence company and ask for extension of the insurence policy. Just pay extra $ can solve the problem liao.

1)25th May 2005 - 14 Feb 2007 Cbr 150

2)14th March 2007 Toyota Vios

3)18th april 2008 NSR SP 150

MSN:[email protected]

Originally posted by LuncheonMeat@Oct 28 2005, 10:29 AM

i guess that they take the youngest age as the premium? & also they will see what bike model are you riding also.. you can call up some insurance company to check it out the prices first before you decide? :cheer: :bouncefire:

yeah guess so. will be going down to income jurong later on with my friend.

will make my enquiry at the place itself. thanks!! :smile: :smile:

hey i managed to add my sister as my sub rider liao. cost me 25 bucks for administrative charges. :smile: :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

if i sold my bike and get another bike, can i transfer my old insurance to the new bike?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

so guys i have been owning this bike for 6 mth and its under my uncle... goint to renew in 6 mth... so is it true that it will continue to take my uncle age or now goint to take my age lioa???

really need help

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/inflames85/funny.gif