SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Suspension Related Issue

civicblade

So much of bitubo comments here. What about YSS or Gazi? Is there a lot of difference comparing Bitubo and Gazi? Or YSS and Gazi?

My showa aint good anymore and i heard that even if i rebuild my Showa, it will become weak in 6mths time. Is this true?

The spirit carries on ... Cheers! :thumb:

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dun take gazi. if any1 here says gazi is good, take your palm, grab the spring and shake it and watch the suspension bend. im an ex user of gazi btw.

FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)

FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)

FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)

FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)

FG7***E RXZ (RIP)

FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)

FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

i once used gazi shock for S4, can last me for 2 years with no prob. after that need to change..... bike...

anyway, its about how u much u pay for the item. cheap ones dun last long but dun mean expensive ones last long. if lazy to service, then use cheap ones. shock weak, just replace. expensive shocks r normally rebuildable. shocks need servicing just like other parts.

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

Thanx for the advice hellsfury. So now its between YSS, Showa and Bitubo. Well bitubo is the best, cant deny that but do u think i should just stick with my old showa, meaning just rebuild them?

Rebuild my Showa six years ago and still going strong...cost me $300.00

You want good back suspension...try one of th ebst that laims to be the world best..."Ohlins"...not those OEM ones found on XJR. They do have for S4.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

penske, anyone? :D

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

Rebuild my Showa six years ago and still going strong...cost me $300.00

You want good back suspension...try one of th ebst that laims to be the world best..."Ohlins"...not those OEM ones found on XJR. They do have for S4.

sorry to highjet a bit... but where didi u do up ur rebuild?... another thing is that i heard showa suspension need some extra "gas" and not just only oil with in the damper... is it true?

sorry to highjet a bit... but where didi u do up ur rebuild?... another thing is that i heard showa suspension need some extra "gas" and not just only oil with in the damper... is it true?

Yes..xtra nitrogen and that's true...also an extra spacer to the spring..etc. With regards to who does it..do pm me if you game for it. Don't want to seen as a promoter...:angel:

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Hi Guys like to share MY experience... I'm a Spec3 rider :cheeky:

Currently using Biturbo for few months, quite good as it can take heavy weight with no prob at all. I believe the suspension depends on how heavy the rider and pillion...

I'm abt 87kg & Once i Pillion a 93kg Guy so altogether 180kg, Guess what it's So cool when i feel the smoothness of the shock man.... Didn't regret investing the money on it... Gd buy... Anyway i change it as my 2 yrs old original Showa suspension stablity v bad when i pillion ppl 85kg above or when alone is nt smooth too....

Stay Cool man..... Peace Peace....:angel: :angel:

MoVe Like a ThuNDer,

Ride Like a DaRe DeVil,

Corner A BenD Like No Ppls BusiNeSs....

But..........

Safety Is Still ImporTanT As you OnLy hAve 1 Life!!

SafetY For U

Safe For OtherS!! ;)

Hi Guys like to share MY experience... I'm a Spec3 rider :cheeky:

Currently using Biturbo for few months, quite good as it can take heavy weight with no prob at all. I believe the suspension depends on how heavy the rider and pillion...

I'm abt 87kg & Once i Pillion a 93kg Guy so altogether 180kg, Guess what it's So cool when i feel the smoothness of the shock man.... Didn't regret investing the money on it... Gd buy... Anyway i change it as my 2 yrs old original Showa suspension stablity v bad when i pillion ppl 85kg above or when alone is nt smooth too....

Stay Cool man..... Peace Peace....:angel: :angel:

yo....... change bitubo liao har???????

Good rite?????

After reading the goodness of bitubo shocks,i'm considering it for one of my upgrades,I always go up north,alone and with pillion.The last one after pillioning my mom to batu pahat,my less than a year showa oil seal "koyak".Wanted to claim warranty but bike is doing more than 20K km. Heard that bitubo shock pricerange about 900plus.Is it true?.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

Unique doing for 180..bikelab doing for 249...this is just quotation...go to the advertistment section...

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

hmm im thinking of upgrading to bitubo too, but i dunno the price range. wondering whether i shud get the 1 with canister or the 1 without..

FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)

FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)

FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)

FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)

FG7***E RXZ (RIP)

FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)

FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

hmm im thinking of upgrading to bitubo too, but i dunno the price range. wondering whether i shud get the 1 with canister or the 1 without..

w/o canister is about 800 before discount.

w/ canister about 1000 before discount.

w/ canister comes with preload, rebound and high/low speed compression.

w/o canister comes with preload and rebound.

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Unique doing for 180..bikelab doing for 249...this is just quotation...go to the advertistment section...

i think i posted this before in the forum somewhere..

with regards to suspensions, anyone can do it. oil change, seal change, top up gas, etc.. but does the technician knows what he/she is doing, that's another thing.

you pay for what you get.. you pay peanuts, you don't expect to get nuggets..

cheers! :)

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

bros,

how much is it to service rear suspension?

price wise, is it worth to service suspension or getting new one will be a better alternative?

mezzo does servicing for the rear @ 280. with new dose of oil, oil seals, o-rings, bump-stop if needed.

worth to service anot depends much on the model and on your riding preferences..

1K for the ones with canisters.Hmm thinking of getting those. Thank you Progress Package..:bounce: One question,does the bitubo shocks have longer stroke compared to showa?.

"Irreplaceable"

1K for the ones with canisters.Hmm thinking of getting those. Thank you Progress Package..:bounce: One question,does the bitubo shocks have longer stroke compared to showa?.

same stroke length. a diff stroke length will affect its geometry and handling.

• 2 weeks later...

As for higher preload you can adjust by turning the top screw clockwise and for more damping,no choice but have to change to higher wt oil.

"Irreplaceable"