SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Suspension Related Issue

civicblade

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys,

my bitubo gone a bit soft already, dunno whether just need to setting make it harder or ned to rebuild. if rebuild is how much? if setting is it free?

anw where is mezzo now? the address can anyone pm me? thanks

Should be here,

68 lorong 16 geylang #02-05

spore'398889

tel: 68421907

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

Should be here,

68 lorong 16 geylang #02-05

spore'398889

tel: 68421907

They are no longer there.. in fact they had shifted twice since that address..

Mezzo is now located near MotoWorld.. it just a few shops before MW..

you'll see some scramblers outside the shop.

just ask any guys you can see for Andrew.. he should be at the basement..

best to give him a call before going down.. their working hours very flexible..

thanks rayhunter,

anyone here ever need to rebuilt their bitubo before? can share cost/ feedback etc?

rebuilding should cost abt $200.. you might wanna check with Andrew the actual price..

signboard will read "Projekt Revolutions"

whole row of scramblers are parked outside. very prominent.. do give them a call before going down as most of them are outstation-ed now..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

signboard will read "Projekt Revolutions"

whole row of scramblers are parked outside. very prominent.. do give them a call before going down as most of them are outstation-ed now..

they are back dude..!!

i just visited them on Thurs.. the german chicks made them extended their stay.. :angel:

i doubt the number still existed. i normally call Andrew or Matthew via HP.

you might wanna dropby and see if they are there..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just wanna know from former or current users of Bitubo suspensions w/o canisters for Super 4. I just bought a 2nd hand one which was bought in end 2006. Need to know the following:

1) Maintenance - Can I wash them with soap and water? Need anything else like WD40? Anything to avoid? How to know if leaking?

2) Mounting - The hardness setting from soft to hard is mounted inwards or facing outwards? Which is the best setting for the hardness from 1 to 5 for regular riding sometimes with pillion? Is it good to extend the springs to the maximum length or is there a recommended setting?

3) Servicing - How often must I send them for servicing? Where can I go to other than Mezzo? How much is normally charged for servicing with or w/o rebuilding?

The rubber O rings on the ones I bought are ok but its the rubber washers on the exterior that are worn out or torn.. Will affect performance?

Really appreciate any answers or opinions.. Sorry if these Qs have been asked before but I really can't find time to look thru every post... Thanks in advance...

:gun: My Rides -

2001 to 2002 - Husqvarna CR125

2002 to 2004 - Yamaha RXZ135

2004 to 2006 - Honda CB400 Vtec1

2008 to Present - Honda CB400 Vtec1

1st thing, have you or the previous owner serviced the shock since the purchase? if not, it's high time you sent it in for servicing. recommended window between servicing is around 12-18 months.

washing is the same. but don't spray wd40. if the shock is leaking, you can see traces of oil fluid on the shaft. once that happens, send it in for servicing as soon as possible.

for ease of adjustments, the adjusters are mounted outwards. there's no hard and fast rules as to whether to set it to hardness 1 or 5. it depends on your riding style and carrying load(with or w/o pillion).

servicing wise, it's recommended to send the shocks back to mezzo whereby all original bitubo spares are available on hand anytime. bitubo shocks requires the use of special equipments to disassemble. other users whom have sent in their bitubo shocks to mezzo, and seen how mezzo stripped their shocks can attest to this.

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Thanks aRcHeR!!! Appreciate it.. And no the previous owner had not serviced it before... But he only used it for 2 years and taken it out...

Anyway, how much does Mezzo or Bikelab charge for Bitubo suspensions servicing? Does it include rebuilding? If I don't require rebuilding how much? Thanks again...

best if you call andrew @ 97477433.

2 years is high time you send for servicing. the oil should have degraded into almost water-like by now..

once the shock is stripped down, rebuilding will depend if there's any damages to the washers or the valvings. if there is no damages, it will be just the standard servicing, meaning new o-rings, seals, fresh dose of oil(according to your weight and riding pattern), and nitrogen gas. not forgetting tonnes of TLC..

Thanks Bro! You're the best... Can PM me ur name Super 4 what spec? I wanna tell Andrew that you recommended me... Thanks again...

• 4 weeks later...

hey people need some help here.. recently i realised my shocks are leaking.. how much is it gonna cost to re-build my shocks?

Which are the recommended bike shops?

Selling Fanciful and Vintage Helmets. Interested pls Pm me!

hey people need some help here.. recently i realised my shocks are leaking.. how much is it gonna cost to re-build my shocks?

Which are the recommended bike shops?

mezzo number's just above. do yourself and us a favour to call them yourself.

thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
if standard servicing for Bitubo shocks is how much? ard how much? i need estimate to plan the budget..

normally its just to adjust until canot adjust anymore then no choice but to service the shocks is it? any suggestion?

what sort of adjustments are you referring to? preload, rebound, compression?

once the settings are dialed in nicely, usually you don't touch them anymore. keyword here is nicely.

if you are not sure of your adjustments, you can always drop by mezzo and ask for a check-up on the suspension. it may just be improper adjustment on the settings.

price wise, it's best you contact andrew directly. his contact's just above.

cheers!

• 1 month later...

Just went to service my forks at BikeLab cos the left was leaking slowly and the right starting to show oil stains on the dust cover. Joshua stripped the fork and discovered the inner tubes to have been scratched by the person who had serviced the fork before this.

The scratches is quite deep that even polishing the tubes would not be able to smoothen it out. These scratches caused the leaking of the fork oil. The only alternative is to get the tubes changed.

Damage: $210 per tube + $150 servicing = $570

Now the front end of my ride feels better but not my pockets...

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Just went to service my forks at BikeLab cos the left was leaking slowly and the right starting to show oil stains on the dust cover. Joshua stripped the fork and discovered the inner tubes to have been scratched by the person who had serviced the fork before this.

The scratches is quite deep that even polishing the tubes would not be able to smoothen it out. These scratches caused the leaking of the fork oil. The only alternative is to get the tubes changed.

Damage: $210 per tube + $150 servicing = $570

Now the front end of my ride feels better but not my pockets...

are the scratches on the tubes near the seal area?

Not BikeLab bro... I was there and saw Joshua and his helper strip my fork. They have proper tools to remove the oil seal. The scratches were quite worn a bit, not freshly scratched.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Yes bro... Unfortunately they are...

there is also the possibilities of small minute debris trapped hence causing the scratches. can't confirm but there is this possibility.

prolonged usage without servicing also will lead to this issue.