Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SUZUKI Bandit


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys,

LEt me noe if anyone is selling BAndit 400...TKs..

Life is Precious , You Only Live Once

 

 

OCT 2003 - Dec 2005 >>>> Honda Wave S 125

Dec 2005 - Present >>>> Honda Phamton TA200

 

Its Project time

  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Thanks mate, Hi GSJ, I just sent you a reply, anyway, I think I was really lucky, this Bandit was practically mint, low mileage, and it only had one owner all there years!

 

I was told by the guy something like that, you will feel a engine starving for petrol sensation then you got to flip the reserve switch. Anyone know anywhere who does a good job on the bandit? And where to get parts etc?

 

Cheers

 

P.S. Anyone placed panniers on their rides?

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Posted
Originally posted by xiaowang@Jul 22 2006, 11:46 AM

Sorry guys for the late reply. As u can see, I am indeed out. Back to work to finish some stuff. Sorry...

nvm la bro someother time la. Maybe we try to planner more earlier next time.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Posted

thks man 4 the reply..my rear supension got sound den too soft liao..already to the max liao..no luck la buy dis bike..last time ride gsxr400 oso like dis..alot of problem..suzuki old bike really got problem..or i unlucky..haha..next time must see u all bandit rider liao..

Posted

thks man 4 the reply..my rear supension got sound den too soft liao..already to the max liao..no luck la buy dis bike..last time ride gsxr400 oso like dis..alot of problem..suzuki old bike really got problem..or i unlucky..haha..next time must see u all bandit rider liao..

Posted

thks man 4 the reply..my rear supension got sound den too soft liao..already to the max liao..no luck la buy dis bike..last time ride gsxr400 oso like dis..alot of problem..suzuki old bike really got problem..or i unlucky..haha..next time must see u all bandit rider liao..

Posted
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 22 2006, 11:34 PM

By the way I just bought the Suzuki GSF400P Bandit, quite a good condition bike, it comes in the typical red livery, and one thing that I like is the idea that the colour has not faded like many other Bandits. I am the second owner of the bike, and really got to hand it to the first owner, he did a great job maintaining it.

 

If there are any outings coming up, please gimme a PM, and by the way, since the Suzuki Bandit has no fuel guage, roughly how far can you travel before you have to go and pump some gas?

 

Cheers

did u buy it frm the shop at lavander st?

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Posted
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 24 2006, 03:20 AM

Ya, I bought that one. Why dude? You went to view it too?

 

Cheers

yup. Actually was following my fren who jus pass 2A to scout ard. But he found it out of his budget as he is student. So he buying frm a fellow rider online instead.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Posted

Oh ok, well honestly for 2.2k for such a well maintained ride is ok with me, I went to view a few 1.5-1.8k bandits, but what turned me off was that they already had about 6 or more transfers!

 

Cheers

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Posted

Hi, just curious, where is a good workshop for bandits? I was thinking of changing my brake disc and my engine manifold, cause the rubber shows signs of cracking.

 

Cheers

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Posted

I still recommend Guan Hoe, the shop near the Post Centre. Congrats on being on a bandito by the way.

 

If you are up, maybe you like to join us for a ride up north once in a while. Trunk road though, not a fan of highway riding. However I need to plan my schedule as my work does not leave me much time.

 

Do change the wear and tear parts. Bandit is a good bike that will last you ages if u maintain it well. Cheers

Check this thread out. I am creating a club of bikers for bikers. This is for intercultural intergration. Come on in, fellow bikers.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90550

Posted

but if it's in like pristine condition, the 2.2k should be alright? i mean, if all the wear and tear stuff has been replaced... it's worth it.

 

anyway, yeah guan hoe is the suzuki agent. they're quite familiar with the bandit, it seems. lots of us and myself go there. for parts, there is KS cycle (or something like that.. KS something) along jalan besar... on the right-hand side of the road but i forgot where exactly, so if you want to fix it yourself you can buy the parts there. cheaper than guan hoe a bit.

 

changing brake disc eh? maybe take the chance to use aftermarket disc and pads? bandit single front disc... a bit weakish... if you use good tyres surely can tahan stronger brakes :)

Posted

Buying from shop will tends to be at higher price and i suppoer the shop gave it 1 or 2 months warranty?

Life is Precious , You Only Live Once

 

 

OCT 2003 - Dec 2005 >>>> Honda Wave S 125

Dec 2005 - Present >>>> Honda Phamton TA200

 

Its Project time

Posted

Thanks for the advise, anyway, I did not mind paying that bit more for the Bandit, most maintenance I do myself as I lost alot of faith in mechanics, although there is this one guy along desker who does a great job on my old bike, dont know if he knows how to do a bandito.

 

I noticed a few things about the bandito.

 

1) no dipstick to check oil.

2) Either I am really weak, or it has an almost impossible main stand.

 

Just a few more questions, where do I find my coolant reservoir? I suspect it is under the fuel tank, next, anyone here using aftermarket speedo? I got spoilt cause my old ride had a digital speedo, and the bandito has a really weakly luminated analog meters, maybe I need to change the bulbs?

 

Lastly, how much is a new brake disc? Nothing special please, stock only, I promised my gf I will not tinker with this bike, only with my next ride, which I hope is a Ducati.

 

Cheers

 

My ride

 

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/bandit.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Posted
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 26 2006, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the advise, anyway, I did not mind paying that bit more for the Bandit, most maintenance I do myself as I lost alot of faith in mechanics, although there is this one guy along desker who does a great job on my old bike, dont know if he knows how to do a bandito.

 

I noticed a few things about the bandito.

 

1) no dipstick to check oil.

2) Either I am really weak, or it has an almost impossible main stand.

 

Just a few more questions, where do I find my coolant reservoir? I suspect it is under the fuel tank, next, anyone here using aftermarket speedo? I got spoilt cause my old ride had a digital speedo, and the bandito has a really weakly luminated analog meters, maybe I need to change the bulbs?

 

Lastly, how much is a new brake disc? Nothing special please, stock only, I promised my gf I will not tinker with this bike, only with my next ride, which I hope is a Ducati.

 

Cheers

 

My ride

 

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/bandit.jpg

abt mainteince n workmanship guan hoe is gd. i too who thinks similarly was impressed by them.

 

if i m not wrong u have a window on the right side of yar engine to check the E.O. level.

Mainstand...i think u jus got to practise...i tired was not very smooth but can put it on mainstand.

 

u r sure u need to change yar disc, wats wrong.

maybe u should jus try using gd brake pads or change to a steel braided brake hose for more responsiveness. the radiator cap is below yar tank. the reserve tank shld be below yar seat.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Posted

Ok, thanks I will give them a try, honestly, the brake disc kanna makan until damn jialat. It is so much thinner in the middle then along the edges. As for the coolant, how much normally to pour in? A litre more then enough? and where to drain it?

 

Cheers

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Posted
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 27 2006, 12:01 AM

Ok, thanks I will give them a try, honestly, the brake disc kanna makan until damn jialat. It is so much thinner in the middle then along the edges. As for the coolant, how much normally to pour in? A litre more then enough? and where to drain it?

 

Cheers

k tht sounds bad for yar disc...

 

for coolant i think the best is u try to find the manual...for my Bandit VV i remember was 2.something litres...the draining screw is i htink on the left side infront of the magneto cover.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Posted

Welcome!Bandito.

 

Bandit do hav wear and tear.I hav change my ignitor,front forks,brake discs,fairing.Planning to change my chain and sprocket.

 

Wan to know who interested for redline waterwetter coolant change?

 

Is guan hoe gd at leak?I hav minor leak below the water pump.Not sure wat is it. :confused:

Posted

Hmmm, a minor leak? Hopfully you just need the coolant hose changed, if it was a coolant pump or such, it will be a whole lot more expensive. Got to get my tire fixed, there is a nail sticking out of my rear tire!

 

Cheers

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Posted
Originally posted by bandit_red@Jul 27 2006, 06:22 PM

 

Wan to know who interested for redline waterwetter coolant change?

 

i m ...but dunno where to change, where they will do a proper flush n change. Cos for this one i dun trust most mechs as they will tend to take short cuts.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Posted

I don't mind changing my coolant too, actually I think I can do the job, got all the tools at my place. Plus got a hose! Can flush the whole system over here. This is how I been flushing my system.

1) Drain out all old coolant.

2) Fill coolant system up with water.

3) Run engine to circulate the water through the system.

4) Repeat step by draining out the water and doing it again about 3 times.

5) Then after you are sure your coolant system is clean, MAKE SURE THE DRAIN PLUG IS REPLACED BACK! Then, pour in the coolant, when it is full, shake the bike! As pockets of air will be in the system.

 

Cheers...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...