SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

traffic police vs LTA(ROV)

won3

who u do not like to see onthe road?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. who u do not like to see onthe road?

Not all ROV are bad la, got once my sis and I wore half helmets ( which apparently we been using differen kinds of half helmet for 3 yrs) heng heng that day the ROV stop beside us, the officer just ask us to tie tightly and give us a smile and say ride safe then go off liao... :sweat: heng~ heng~

moz prob, he was on a happy mood leh..

and give chance to girl leh??:cheeky:

they always like tat, wanna step gentlemen..

den to us, die liao?haf helmet oso like no helmet to them!!:sian:

.the Raven travels alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROV...

TP not much cos i'm no longer using tinted visor..

But den, some ROV are quite nice ppl..Especially ROV 1 last time when i pua wif him on a summon..He gave me a choice to choose one of the offence..$70 for using a wrong no plate BG colour or $30 without mirrors and so i choose the cheaper offence and he really gave me that...

TP catch both Traffic rule and modification and ROV only catch modification.

i strongly agreed!!! Cos i also kana before this type of case. No mirrors, number plate can't see clearly and tyre bald and only 1 fine which is the cheapest.

FS Honda SP

FQ skipper

FP Honda PGM 4

FS skipper

FV honda wave

FBC X1R

FBC R6

TP catch both Traffic rule and modification and ROV only catch modification.

i strongly agreed!!! Cos i also kana before this type of case. No mirrors, number plate can't see clearly and tyre bald and only 1 fine which is the cheapest.

ROV only catch mod? I just saw a ROV stopped a taxis. without checking on anything, ask him to take out licence liao. I think ROV can also give summom mow.

ROV only catch mod? I just saw a ROV stopped a taxis. without checking on anything, ask him to take out licence liao. I think ROV can also give summom mow.

Alone this morning i also saw ROV stop private bus for dunno what reason. This evening again saw ROV stop bicycle also dunno what reason!!...

How?

FS Honda SP

FQ skipper

FP Honda PGM 4

FS skipper

FV honda wave

FBC X1R

FBC R6

• 2 weeks later...

i used to know a friend that join Volunteer tp just becos he can feel the "empowerment".

i lose touch with him for 10 year liao. don't know if he is still a volunteer or actually becos a police now. missed him.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/22898043848835l.jpg

never give chance.

how i wished i were one of them, with ppl pleading with me and still can aim my nose sky-wards. :slapforehead:

poor thing work such a job sure get cursed.

bike all stock and ride safely no need to bother abt them one de~

so it is legal to wear half cap liao? i wanted to wear one but was told it is illegal. i ride at safely type.

Not all ROV are bad la, got once my sis and I wore half helmets ( which apparently we been using differen kinds of half helmet for 3 yrs) heng heng that day the ROV stop beside us, the officer just ask us to tie tightly and give us a smile and say ride safe then go off liao... :sweat: heng~ heng~

moz prob, he was on a happy mood leh..

and give chance to girl leh??:cheeky:

they always like tat, wanna step gentlemen..

den to us, die liao?haf helmet oso like no helmet to them!!:sian:

i really think it is not advisable to release these info on the internet. the guy may get "arrow" risk too. u got what i mean?

furthermore if his "head" learn about it, he may give some of his thinking to his "hand". and in the end, "what goes around comes around". u got what i mean?

Many many yrs back, i was at SSDC fetchin my gf frm her bike lesson. There was an ROV just outside the gate. Warmed up my bike waiting for him to leave, but bike warmed up till super hot liao... LoL.. so decided to gamble and slowly ride out of SSDC..

At the gate he turned, saw me and stopped me... Got off my bike, he checked my bike..

1)No chain guard

2)No front number plate

3)Aftermarket exhaust (supertrapp)

4)Off road tyres

5)No P plate

6)No mudguard

7)No mirror

8)Tinted visor

9)Not approved helmet

:help: :help:

cant tink of any excuse, in my mind i was calculating how much the fine gonna be... Gave him my IC, he looked...

ROV: "u stay jurong u come all the way here for wat?"

Me: "fetch my gf from her bike lesson"

ROV: "hmmmm... ok this time i give u chance, dont let me see u again"

I never did see him again.... :thumb:

i used to know a friend that join Volunteer tp just becos he can feel the "empowerment".

i lose touch with him for 10 year liao. don't know if he is still a volunteer or actually becos a police now. missed him.

Haha!! You put it as if he crossed over to the dark side, man... Poor friend of yours :faint: :dozed: .

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit

so it is legal to wear half cap liao? i wanted to wear one but was told it is illegal. i ride at safely type.

A friend of mine, who serves with the Traffic Police, told me that half helmets are illegal BUT they won't stop those Harley/big cruiser bike riders who don them. He even told me they "practise double standards" based on the motorcycle the rider rides o_O ... sheesh... Still, my respect to them...

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit

recent year, i felt that i have tone down so much that i cannot belief it if it is 5 yrs ago.

1. i ride in the middle of the lane and stop behind car if traffic jam (becos i aren't going anywhere)

2. I ride at a speed of not more the 80-90km/h (partly also becos i riding s4 and open face and i have install 3 empty box)

3. i still signal 99% of the time when changing lane or etc.

4. I find that i use horn slightly more then previously (to remind other machine that i am at that lane when they cut into my lane in super near distance. i presume they cannot see a 100+kg man on a s4 that have 3 box)

5. I still practice wave at machine that give way to me to say thank you (since i have licence).

6. I proudly say that my bike should 97% meet the requirement set by lta rov or tp. (the basic item like plate, guard, etc.)

7. becos of my slow travelling, and becos i am very overweight, i swear a lot even when i wear a open face.

here comes the question. I wanted to wear a half or a semi half helmet. any recommand? since the harley guys wearing half cap and is "allow". What are the chance of a non harley rider wearing a decent half cap and not get fine?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

frankly, i love to see more of TPs and ROVs on the road...

just to share... i had once saw 2 ROVs stopped around 20 kups (mostly malaysian bikes) on the CTE and from the way i guess, they are all stopped for their exhuast (believe either too much smoke or too loud) cos one of the ROV was inspecting the exhaust on some...

i personally cant stand being smoked out by those bike with alot of smoke... unlike cars, we dun have air-con and will have to 'smell the smoke'... i am also sure many had the experience whereby at late nite, some joker just blast their exhaust...

now without ROVs who is going to enforce those?

TPs are even better... love them absolutely...

put it this way, people behave better with more TPs around... i am sure no one like to be hit by a drunk driver... how about those cabbies who think that they are the king of the road? dun you just wish that TP were around when this fellows are endangering other road users; esp riders who are always at the loosing end when we are involved in accidents?

put it this way, if you dun break the law, whats there to worry?

i had once whereby an ROV followed me for more than 200m and from my rear mirror, i can tell that he is looking at my exhaust, but at the end of the day, he just change lane and move out... reason, mine is street legal with inspection letter from vicom.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7720/dsc00157a.jpg

All Must Work Hard!

hmmmmm earlier on after clubbing was in friend's car.. went past this road block at outram road.. saw this female biker making a fuss at the roadblock.. dunno being stopped for wht offence.. but seems like she did kenna summon ar.. number plate consists of 2s and 3 only.. red and black bike.. hmmm wonder if is from the forum.. care to share what happened?

"R" to we pray.

The new Religion

always remembered 糖果

Tps and ROVs are also human and they are just doing their job... no point

hating them if they fine or summon u as they are law enforcers and

considered neutral parties and they have a reason when they stop u.... it's

unlikely they stop u cos they find tat yr bike very "xialan" and try to find

faults with u.... so ultimately, if u dun commit any offence then they are just

another bike on the road.....

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/aceboles/Girls%20and%20Bikes/pic31.jpg

Straight roads differentiate the rich and the poor

Corners differentiate the boys and the men

agree... if you have nothing against the law... there is nothing they can do to you also...

i have passed by tonnes of road blocks... the most is ask to produce NRIC and driver license...

in fact, i felt safe to learnt that there are many road blocks around to catch people for drank driving / riding... makes the road a safe place...

All Must Work Hard!

• 2 weeks later...

the most funny road block i kena was the polit stop me... walk 1 round ard my bike... look at my keys... den ask me what is my license plate number

stunned... at that moment i jux forgot it

den he ask me sure this bike is mine anot

i said of coz... jux that neber expect him to ask this

den it came to mind & i told him my license plate number & he let me go

never even see my IC, license or insurance

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/changmao/ninedragoncafe.jpg

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

agree... if you have nothing against the law... there is nothing they can do to you also...

i have passed by tonnes of road blocks... the most is ask to produce NRIC and driver license...

in fact, i felt safe to learnt that there are many road blocks around to catch people for drank driving / riding... makes the road a safe place...

yup exactly :thumb:

the most funny road block i kena was the polit stop me... walk 1 round ard my bike... look at my keys... den ask me what is my license plate number

stunned... at that moment i jux forgot it

den he ask me sure this bike is mine anot

i said of coz... jux that neber expect him to ask this

den it came to mind & i told him my license plate number & he let me go

never even see my IC, license or insurance

it is a very simple and effective test to see if you are the owner of the bike. put it this way, i dun think and thieves will bother remembering the license plate of the vehicle that they steal... keeke..

All Must Work Hard!

• 4 weeks later...

btw what is the difference between tp with a white back of the bike and tp with a red/blue back of the bike?

happen to see 2 riding together, chatting happily at the traffic lights, and once the green light is on, all vehicles driving behind them, no one even dare to overtake the tps lols.

• 1 month later...
hmmmmm earlier on after clubbing was in friend's car.. went past this road block at outram road.. saw this female biker making a fuss at the roadblock.. dunno being stopped for wht offence.. but seems like she did kenna summon ar.. number plate consists of 2s and 3 only.. red and black bike.. hmmm wonder if is from the forum.. care to share what happened?

hahaha!!! sounds like someone i know...

red/black tzm?? :angel:

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

hahaha!!! sounds like someone i know...

red/black tzm?? :angel:

hello. dun anyhow assume. for de whole of august my baby not with me. :angry:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/forbiddenmemories/th_020220071582-1.jpghttp://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/forbiddenmemories/th_231220061214.jpg

Fierce bike doesnt mean Fierce rider