SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

traffic police vs LTA(ROV)

won3

who u do not like to see onthe road?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. who u do not like to see onthe road?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pls off topic here, i really nid help. My demerit points is 0 points laio. meaning cannot minus anymore or will gantong..

I wish to knw, parking on curb. what is the charge n summon like, got demerit pts? ty

$70 without demerit points unless they change the rules

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7334/meonducati.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just got stop & fined by LTA plate no. this morning when travelling from serangoon road going to enter PIE. He caught me with 2 reason, front plate font & without mudguard... but he only fined mudguard on me i dunno how much is it? $40 izzit? front plate no. font he give me chance... but still suay of the day..

Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10

Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11

Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13

Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Nokikerenz/tumblr_lqgry8IqyI1qa8y9x.gif

Shake it~ sexy baby~

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/novablink/ducati2.jpg

• 1 month later...

i dont think the officers are wrong at all.i dont think they summon anyhow to get promoted faster,this is all hear say. civil servants to pay income tax too.after all they all humans,being a traffic officer is not easy,try riding for 8hours non stop.try riding in the rain or even stand in the rain with your shoes wet.

often people complain is easy,but when being ask to do..can u do it ? or even fulfill the SOP or their so called protocol.

what if u were in there shoes? with out them do u think our roads will be safe? theres always a saying- "IF U WANT TO ENJOY U MUST BE ABLE TO ENDURE"

above are just my two cents. dont be a nato. any issue with the authorities,u should head to their depts in person and talk to the officer in charge or their OC. ratting in here,leads u no where.

Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.

how come i always see those cars or bikes from other countries wif mod . their super noisy ,dirty ,wif exhaust hole so big that u can do fisting .and i dun see any of them had any problems wif ROV . does this mean that SG modding is not safe but other countries modding is safe .

just an simple example, Imagine a singapore motorcycle moded up to a limit where the bike is capable of going at 300km/hr......will the motorcycle's brake stop the bike in time in an event of a near collision??? the answer is NO

just an simple example, Imagine a othercountry motorcycle moded up to a limit where the bike is capable of going at 300km/hr......will the motorcycle's brake stop the bike in time in an event of a near collision??? the answer is YES

cos i see them wif all the homemade mod and dun see any of them have any problems wif ROVs . . .

actually nowadays the new big CC bike models brakes are more than capable in breaking than the engine is capable of moving.

Used to ride: TA200 -02, WR 200DT -94, VXR 200 -04, CB400 Spec 2 -02, GSXR400RN -92, CB 400 Spec 3 -04, VLX 400 -94, DRZ400SM -06, FZ6 S2 -09

Current bikes : YZF R1 -08

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0q3ABoj3LSY/TLPfCj6Q3zI/AAAAAAAAAAo/FSnw64_eo48/s1600/Calvin+and+Hobbes.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Actually both are okay if you don't do anything silly! I mean they are probably riders like any of us after work and they very well will know how we feel.. I got stopped a few times by TP and I was given chance for several issues. All I can say is sometimes u meet with an officer that's more by the book then you will get summoned (even then, it's prolly ur fault u get fined)

2 wheeled bicycle, Nsr Sp, Babyblade!

Guest IceLkipz

TP and ROV are doing their jobs. U speed or do illegal stuffs that will jeopardize other road users...u are will be fined and demerit. U can have the loudest pipe or the brightest LEDs, just ensure that u get proper certification for all of that. My previous KRR,I got certification to install LEDs and tail modification with aftermarket pipe.How I do all that? I go to LTA, bring my items and receipt,I explain to the officer about the use and why it should be road worthy,paid an amount of money to have it inspected and im done. My pipe was very loud yet I passed!!

TP and ROV are doing their jobs. U speed or do illegal stuffs that will jeopardize other road users...u are will be fined and demerit. U can have the loudest pipe or the brightest LEDs, just ensure that u get proper certification for all of that. My previous KRR,I got certification to install LEDs and tail modification with aftermarket pipe.How I do all that? I go to LTA, bring my items and receipt,I explain to the officer about the use and why it should be road worthy,paid an amount of money to have it inspected and im done. My pipe was very loud yet I passed!!

what reason you gave for the aftermarket pipe?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering, what if we got stopped by LTA, but we got all the papers to prove that the aftermarket pipe we are using is legal. Will they still ask us back?

Yamaha X1 --> FY

Honda RVF --> FQ7***J

Yamaha R6 --> FBC 8**2U

I'm wondering, what if we got stopped by LTA, but we got all the papers to prove that the aftermarket pipe we are using is legal. Will they still ask us back?

LTA not so bo liao.. so long got cert and baffle is in place with no signs of tampering, they will let you go.

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

• 1 month later...

Tong ori with ori endcan loud or chamber with aftermarket endcan loud?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
i think its a normal reaction by motorist since our law enforcer basically uses white vehicles. they're more responsive when they see white vehicles, either move to the side or slow down.

so if u want ppl to give way to u... buy a white saloon car, a white st1100 or a white fjr 1300.

dont forget ur white helmet.

:thumb:

True... As long as you're riding an all-WHITE vehicle, u increase your vehicle's visibility,

motorists' awareness, reduce speed or drive more sensibly... All these means a safer ride and a reduced risk for motorcyclists... It also helps that they give way to you or move slightly for you to 'lane split'...

Oh ya, a WHITE Yamaha Diversion is always VERY convincing... HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Some riders fail to realise that we don't belong in the same Class....

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

TP are very polite people from my experiences, once I was riding at peak hour at PIE, one TP leading a s4 overtakes me from first lane with the s4 behind. Normal people overtakes just signal and overtake, but this tp signal already, still wave at me with the front of his palm.

The s4 seems to be in a hurry and the TP is trying to clear traffic for him. Nice person. But they aren't traveling very fast though. I was going 70, and they were only going 80 and started slowing down at the left lane.. think was about to exit soon.

LTA also, One malay LTA officer once saw me parked on pavement. Only smiled at me, no summon nothing. I waved back and smiled and he left though I'm still on the pavement. Great person.

Edited by guangwei

17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP

12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR

23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006

12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05

July 2017 - Jan 2019, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

Aug 2019 - Current SYM Joyride 200

During my p plate days. Got stopped by a tp before. Told me to ride safely and to signal. He also said he dun mind if I mod my bike juz dun look too odvious. Give me a warning n zoom off. Hahahhaa Ade ke patot. . .

Sent from my MB511 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

• 6 months later...
TP are very polite people from my experiences, once I was riding at peak hour at PIE, one TP leading a s4 overtakes me from first lane with the s4 behind. Normal people overtakes just signal and overtake, but this tp signal already, still wave at me with the front of his palm.

The s4 seems to be in a hurry and the TP is trying to clear traffic for him. Nice person. But they aren't traveling very fast though. I was going 70, and they were only going 80 and started slowing down at the left lane.. think was about to exit soon.

LTA also, One malay LTA officer once saw me parked on pavement. Only smiled at me, no summon nothing. I waved back and smiled and he left though I'm still on the pavement. Great person.

those are the days these LEO(law enforcement officer)have had a good se# with their darlings,thus not so frustrated.therefore you are not in their KPI!KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX.

those are the days these LEO(law enforcement officer)have had a good se# with their darlings,thus not so frustrated.therefore you are not in their KPI!KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX.

TP are generally OK, afterall they are civil servants and serve under SPF.

the same cannot be said for the newer LTA outriders. -pui-

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

TP are generally OK, afterall they are civil servants and serve under SPF.

the same cannot be said for the newer LTA outriders. -pui-

agree 100%

Be a HERO

Add this Space For your Meat Fix: https://www.facebook.com/JamesButcheryCo?fref=ts

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/Az_itsme/20140621_182817.jpg

• 2 months later...
riding cannot wear sunglasses ah? i going to buy one polarized sunglasses. wearing a helmet with clear visor. want to protect against the annoying sunlight in the morning eh.

Sunglass can la.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding