SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Singapore BAJAJ Team (SBT)

Nemesis

Did something foolish today. Tried to squeeze past a huge 8 wheeler at a filter lane. Didn't see the curb was going in which gave me' lesser space to squeeze.

Managed to squeeze in 0.1 sec before I get knocked at squashed under it.. Will never try that again.. So scary.

i also learn the hard way...

now my rule of thumb is never to squeeze between the vehicle and the kerb...

if turning left i will keep to the right of the vehicle,if turning right i will keep to the left...

will tend to have more space...

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Alvinyansg_Siggy.jpg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

Haiii. This morning was late to meet my gf. So did not warm up my bike before moving off. Bike engine stalled just after moving out of the MSCP. :( tried to start back cant start. Is this normal if u nv warm up bike? :(

Remember vaguely somewhere from the manual saying if bike cant start up on a cold day, use the choke thingy. So pulled out choke plug n started engine. Engine started but it sounded like i was revving the throttle although i was not doing so. But after awhile bike engine still died down. :(

This time i pulled out choke but didn't started engine. Waited for awhile. Then push back choke plug n started engine. Phew. It was like normal again. :) anyone experienced this before?

What exactly does the choke do?

Only downside i could think of my pulsar is. The feeling of disappointment when all the kupchai overtakes me n i can't seem to go any faster. :( ( wanted to go faster cos i was late! )

When i go at 90km/h. RPM is at 7000rpm. Is this normal? Rpm how much then starts to hurt engine? Rpm how much is the most efficient?

This time i pulled out choke but didn't started engine. Waited for awhile. Then push back choke plug n started engine. Phew. It was like normal again. anyone experienced this before?

read my post on our cv carb .... http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/188463-Group-Singapore-BAJAJ-Team-(SBT)/page677

posted this video before too ..... for what is the choke for? .. check 05:00 on choke but wise you watch the video from start lah !! ....

cheers!!!

Edited by mjbs64

21335_10151769662906654_1436797672_n.jpg

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

" Hmmm .. Old does not mean ... old ideology, old fashion and old mindset ... hehehe "

" No Sacrifies No Victory " [/size]

mjbs64 : 97821440 P200 SplitFire2010aza Not for Sale!

When i go at 90km/h. RPM is at 7000rpm. Is this normal? Rpm how much then starts to hurt engine? Rpm how much is the most efficient?

it is normal la. this is dependent on your spocket ratio. My sprocket is 15-37. i hit 95km/h at 7k RPM. Yours probably slightly more, i.e. 15-38 or 15-39 i guess. :)

I didnt experience the long period of unable to start my engine. i can always just kick start and it will run. unless its cold it dies a few times but after revving, it will be ok. cold weather does make ur engine a little sleepy. zZzZz haha.

what the choke do is to up your RPM. lol! kidding. i also noob about the choke.

15 Jan 2010 - Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi

ducati_babe-12.jpg

just a question people, why do u upsize ur main jet? how u know when to upsize? cos i see here like got quite a few up jet it.

It allows more fuel flow, from what I understand, the main jet controls the fuel flow when you throttle, from the carburetor. Upsizing makes the mixture richer.

When richer, it also means a bit of cooling and help avoid overheating when riding very long distances: this is why it was advised to me to upsize it for my trip.

I'm still learning about all this, and most I shared here I learned when I was researching the topic.

The direct effect of upsizing the jet are for me a change in the idle speed : now once the bike has rode a bit, say 15-20min, its idle speed jumps from the normal 1.2 k RPM to 2k RPM or close.

I guess I will have to either change the idle speed or the AFR: I don't know which one.. :confused:

Also, I was told to expect a slight drop in FC which I haven't been able to calculate yet (only 250km on the full tank for now).

hope this give you some rough idea ...

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208765&d=1308939855

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208764&d=1308939854

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

" Hmmm .. Old does not mean ... old ideology, old fashion and old mindset ... hehehe "

Freak accident on the AYE claims man’s life

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/freak-accident-aye-claims-man-life-070132027.html

"...A bus that was traveling down the road barreled into the road shoulder, ran him over and rammed into his truck. The truck then smashed into Tan's car, which was parked in front, and the car moved forward hitting both siblings........."

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

Haiii. This morning was late to meet my gf. So did not warm up my bike before moving off. Bike engine stalled just after moving out of the MSCP. :( tried to start back cant start. Is this normal if u nv warm up bike? :(

Remember vaguely somewhere from the manual saying if bike cant start up on a cold day, use the choke thingy. So pulled out choke plug n started engine. Engine started but it sounded like i was revving the throttle although i was not doing so. But after awhile bike engine still died down. :(

This time i pulled out choke but didn't started engine. Waited for awhile. Then push back choke plug n started engine. Phew. It was like normal again. :) anyone experienced this before?

Only downside i could think of my pulsar is. The feeling of disappointment when all the kupchai overtakes me n i can't seem to go any faster. :( ( wanted to go faster cos i was late! )

i think being right smack in the middle of the power band is nice. maybe around 6 or so rpm. if u open throttle the torque will be there and u wont need to realli down gear when climbing a slight slope or the like and the right coil is still igniting...aiya ignore the kupchais, they are light n nimble. lepak bro.

Edited by robbedzombie

in search of the magical fuel penguins

Honda CB400F

came back from UM

rectified a few things

did normal EO change,change brake fluid and bleed front brakes, open right engine cover to settle some noise issue there

turn out 1 of the rubber which is use to tension the timing chain is starting to deteriorate and my timing chain is also loose...tighten and ah teck say when there is noise again and getting louder then need to change liao...

also change my clutch plate housing cause its loose already...

no time to wash my carb and upsize my MJ.

will head down again sometime next week...

according to ah teck, the FBC bike with the blown piston he suspect cause the MJ might be too small hence not enough fuel and hence when engine overheat KAAAA BOOOOMMMM...

originally plan to not spend so much but in the end after changing so many things burn $108:cry::cry::cry:

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Alvinyansg_Siggy.jpg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

what a lousy day for me...

1) a stupiad lady driver horn me as i was riding to UM...i was slowing down at dairy farm road to prepare to filter left into upp bt timah road, cause she is in the right turning lane and wants to cut into the left turning filter lane

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vw9zi8.jpg

2) this time round another stupiad lady driver...she parked her van behind my car and on the hazard lights and went off...when i parked my car she just came and stop behind and stayed in her van...i went up to pick my gf...when we came down saw she had parked he van with half the rear end blocking my car...i horned and horned for about 5-10mins then she slowly came down with her husband and her husband still got the cheek to stare at me...then she took her time to drive off...PISSED...but did not blow...

http://i51.tinypic.com/14kdso2.jpg

Edited by alvinyansg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

edit to post new pic on next page!! ... hehehhee

Edited by mjbs64

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

Lazy Bug Attacked!!!!! ..... Cheers!!!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208836&d=1309009618

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208837&d=1309009624

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208838&d=1309009629

haha...

you know now with that on your bike looks like nemesis's pulsar...

sign of the leader...

hahaha

anyway how much you did it for?

aunty shop?eugene?219?

Edited by alvinyansg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

anyone want to go KTM later to have a super late supper?

the food stalls will close 2ml for good...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

anyone want to go KTM later to have a super late supper?

the food stalls will close 2ml for good...

just left the place .... went there with my wife for early dinner ... super packed full house .. crazy ... like got jumbo sales like dat!!! ... actually i and my wife also don't know today last day .. we just go there from lavender .. rerached there .. WALAO!!!!!

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

haha...

you know now with that on your bike looks like nemesis's pulsar...

sign of the leader...

hahaha

anyway how much you did it for?

aunty shop?eugene?219?

wkwkwkwkwkwkw ....

at aunty shop .. first time visit there .. hmmmm their customer service i can say quite good !! ... price later at amk i share lah!! .... hehehee

oh yeah it's like nemesis bike ... lol

oh yeah it's sign of a leader ... but no no no

and yessss it's also a sign to retire early from sbt like him !! ... hahahaha

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

just left the place .... went there with my wife for early dinner ... super packed full house .. crazy ... like got jumbo sales like dat!!! ... actually i and my wife also don't know today last day .. we just go there from lavender .. rerached there .. WALAO!!!!!

not 2ml last day meh?

KTM will close on 30th but the stalls this weekend...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

wkwkwkwkwkwkw ....

yeah like nemesis bike ... lol

yeah sign of a leader ... no no no

and yes it's also a sign to retire early from sbt !! ... hahahaha

hmm....

then where you did it?

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

don't worry...

what's your idling RPM when bike is cold?

next time just throttle a bit when you start your bike...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

hmm....

then where you did it?

edited already .. anyway I went there late morning .. stayed 1 hour there to do the template and then was told to come back the next day around 6pm .... but to my surprise at 5pm the same day .. the girl called me saying I can collect the item already!! ... fast service lah but i can't collect it cos got class at zhenghua cc so decided to collect just now lah and then straight to KTM ... hhehehehe

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

MO Items collection update ...

1: O'Ren collected already around 1pm at my mscp while I was doing 'something' with my bike .... hang around for 15 mins to see me messing with my 'unneccessary' toys!! ... hehehehee

2: Mocca collected already around 9.30pm and straight to his working place ... actually he was already at my place early but I was still at KTM ... kekekeke

kakakakakak ... just spamming here lol

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

edited already .. anyway I went there late morning .. stayed 1 hour there to do the template and then was told to come back the next day around 6pm .... but to my surprise at 5pm the same day .. the girl called me saying I can collect the item already!! ... fast service lah but i can't collect it cos got class at zhenghua cc so decided to collect just now lah and then straight to KTM ... hhehehehe

which daughter?

the younger or the older one?

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

MO Items collection update ...

1: O'Ren collected already around 1pm at my mscp while I was doing 'something' with my bike .... hang around for 15 mins to see me messing with my 'unneccessary' toys!! ... hehehehee

2: Mocca collected already around 9.30pm and straight to his working place ... actually he was already at my place early but I was still at KTM ... kekekeke

kakakakakak ... just spamming here lol

talk about O'ren, she went to fix the dampers at UM...

saw here there...

an update on her trip...

2ml's set off is cancelled as what i know from this afternoon

pushed back to Mon

wait for her to update here...

just a heads up in case anyone goes down in the morning 2ml...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

which daughter?

the younger or the older one?

hmm the older one ..... cos at first I went the first shop at lavender one .. the younger girl at the counter ok ... talked to me nicely asking me to wait for the person in charge doing the tank bra ...

later the guy came and asked me to follow him while he pushed my bike towards the second shop ... the guy there showed me the catalog that previous pulsar have done there .. saw pokvin and mr zhua bike pic on the catalog .... since i want the tribal design .. maybe reason he need the bike to do the template .... the older girl at second shop seems ok also .. talking nicely hehehehhee

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

i was tinkin of doin dat tank cover also..n on top of it another layer of plastic so cn display carpark coupon kinda stuff or even ur rd tax..juz sharin more creativity into every1 :D

Lazy Bug Attacked!!!!! ..... Cheers!!!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208836&d=1309009618

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208837&d=1309009624

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208838&d=1309009629

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/16/2366334/art_stoner-200x0.jpg