SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Singapore BAJAJ Team (SBT)

Nemesis

Hi all brothers,

This past 2 days I've been experiencing a more bumpy ride than usual. The feeling is like rear tyre got a bump. I checked the tyres but it looks ok... Initially i thought road is bumpy, but it feels bumpy when riding in mscp also... Any advice? I've clocked 800km to date and had my EO changed at 500km... Yet to go for servicing... Any idea what could be the cause? Thanks!

Hi all brothers,

This past 2 days I've been experiencing a more bumpy ride than usual. The feeling is like rear tyre got a bump. I checked the tyres but it looks ok... Initially i thought road is bumpy, but it feels bumpy when riding in mscp also... Any advice? I've clocked 800km to date and had my EO changed at 500km... Yet to go for servicing... Any idea what could be the cause? Thanks!

turn your rear suspension. with the tools provided, to one dial

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3154/2630373527_9614b93b66_o.jpg

Thanks Bro...But not very sure where to turn... I'll try and figure out

get um to turn for u

Regardless of race,religion and gender.

We sworn to our duty and honour.

We carry out our duty as a team and not indivdual.

We protect the Honour and interest of the TEAM.

Because,

We are all BIKERS

Hi all brothers,

Check your tool pack for a C-spanner.

1.bmp

looks something like that.

look at your rear suspension. near the top of your suspension, just above the spring, you should see many slots/notches something like a gear.

you can hook the tip of the C spanner into the holes and push either to the right or left depending on how you hook. should be quite straight forward.

you do not need a lot of strength to do that, if you are using alot of strength and it would not budge, it means you are either at max or min.

if you can turn it, observe the spring does it get compressed? if yes, turn it the other way round to reduce the compression.

What you are doing is reducing the preload of the suspension. it allows you to soften things a bit to reduce bumpiness.

But becareful of suspension that is too soft, you can bottom-out and damage your suspension.

make sure both suspension on the right and left has the same preload.

Also check your tyre pressure and abnomalities.

Hope this helps.

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

If your tyres are ok, my guess is you must be very small size and lightweight. :cheeky:

Thanks! I'll try it 2nite... If cannot then I guess I'll ask UM to turn it for me...anyway need to go servicing as well... Actually I'm a big sized guy, 1.8m and 90kg :cheeky:

Thanks! I'll try it 2nite... If cannot then I guess I'll ask UM to turn it for me...anyway need to go servicing as well... Actually I'm a big sized guy, 1.8m and 90kg :cheeky:

My pleasure.:cheeky:

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

50km/l is running at 60km/h (don think anyone will do it.. in express way..) :giddy:

very good FC already.. mine nw ~38km/l.. avg speed ~90-95km/h..

maybe u can post wat ur avg speed.

speed not over 60kph, average 50kph on streets, even on expressway since i work mostly at night and the roads are pretty clear. got 49kml when i sucked the tank dry.

remember fuel consumption goes up when total weight the bike carries goes up. this also includes the fuel inside the tank.

if you have the habit of filling the tank before it goes empty (which i a GOOD habit, i might add), you will bet slightly poorer millage. like my calculated 46kml when i filled my tank at the half way point.

for those who ride in the day, it is not advisable to limit your speed to 60kmh. thats called road hogging.

another thing. switch to wider tires and fuel consumption also goes up, as well as your top speed.

in a nut shell...

Lighter loads = higher top speed and/or better fuel consumption.

narrower tires = higher top speed and/or better fuel consumption.

smaller rear sprocket = higher top speed and/or better fuel consumption.

Optimal cruise speed for any vehicle is about half the rpm (or a little more) before it redlines. that means optimal cruise for bajaj is actually a miserable 5000rpm. which is not even 50kph for me. if anyone got the stamina to cruise at 5k rpm untill his tank goes bone dry, i salute him. it is likely that his fuel consumption would be even better than the advertised 50km/l.

all things said and done... the pulsar is one hell of a street dispatch bike, one that i am not going to let go of anytime soon.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

Meh. You guys went and polished your exhausts before spraying with hitemp?

sounds like something that my G4 badly needs. the exhaust is bloody rusty.

taking the fairing off would be a ***** though.

:|

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

Date: 14 May 2008 (wed)

Time: 2230hrs

Location : Finger Pier building (ecp towards west,exit prince edwards)

WHO'S GOING?

1) noleemeats

2) suvespa....Yosha!!!!!

3) nemesis_5k

4) lindavw

5) lindavw's fren - gal FBC pulsar

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

We would really like to see more newbies it'll be just a short meet,any questions u have, ask and u will be entertained...it wont be nice if we stop answering ur questions here..

who else wans to come????

attendance so poor meh?

juz a chill n chit chat session

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6231/dsc00036ud0.jpg

our bike outing on wednesday.

hey pulsar guys,would like to check for a friend who just passed his TP, 21 yrs old. as the experience u guys know how much will his insurance for 180cc '05 pulsar.

thanks in advance.

http://a496.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/119/s_2345b6d13df204092e0daf13e2ada177.gif

Before-Vespa Px150

Before-Ktm Egs 200

Before-Yamaha Wr400 dirt/super-motard

Before-Yamaha Spark135

Before-Yamaha Yzf-R1 -02

Before-Suzuki Drzsm k9

Present-Yamaha 1982 RXK

Present-HD Nightster 2010

hey pulsar guys,would like to check for a friend who just passed his TP, 21 yrs old. as the experience u guys know how much will his insurance for 180cc '05 pulsar.

thanks in advance.

i am 22 yrs old with 3yrs + experience

$325

my guess is his will be around $600 +

Hi some info on travelling to JB. Ideal time to exit Spore with less jam at woodlands would be between 10-30 am to 12-00 noon and while returning would be between 11-00 am to 2-00 pm and 3-30 pm to 4-30pm. Well this is my experience, but at times could be a 15 mins wait too.

Regarding insurance. Depends on what type of coverage you are looking at. Mine is the minimum coverage and I payed $223 at NTUC.

Info on fuel. All brands of petrol in Spore perform well with my bike but if I top up at JB then I opt for Petronas. It gives a bit smoother ride on my Bajaj.

As most of you are well verse with high spare part cost at UM. But try to go your regular mechanic mechanic outside UM and find out if the spare is available and can the maintanance job can be done, cos not all part unique.

i am 22 yrs old with 3yrs + experience

$325

my guess is his will be around $600 +

$325 for third party or 2nd party fire and thief?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/bearsvaluebaby/fireworks718ROXCfmFBsffgif.gif

2005 - SSDC - Class 2B

2006 - BBDC - Class 2A

2008 - CDC - Class 2

Hello,

I am not a Pulsar user but I intend to get one. I am just wondering whether it make sense in terms of mileage. By reading all the messages, my rough guess on mileage is around 42-50Kmpl.

Well, I am riding Yamaha RXZ and regularly clock 47Kmpl !

There is no argument that Pulsar is bigger compared !

Save Fuel, Save Earth !

tats dirt cheap..

renew my insurance, thirty party fire & theft abt $790 NTUC (no p plate)

19years+

with p plate abt $1k

waahhh so ex ah!!! 3rd party $790??!?!? madness..

guess u guys fall category below 21 years of age, thats why very ex.

the next range is 21-25 years old than 26-30 yrs old..

i old bird already. 3rd party NTUC only $100+++

waahhh so ex ah!!! 3rd party $790??!?!? madness..

guess u guys fall category below 21 years of age, thats why very ex.

the next range is 21-25 years old than 26-30 yrs old..

i old bird already. 3rd party NTUC only $100+++

wah so cheap.

:thumb:

haha.. yah. S4 revo got quoted by NTUC 1.6K for 3rd party, 1.9k+ for fire & theft :cry:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/jamesaw/wevo10rsagc5.jpg

wah so cheap.

:thumb:

haha.. yah. S4 revo got quoted by NTUC 1.6K for 3rd party, 1.9k+ for fire & theft :cry:

serious ah?? more expensive than car insurance sia!..

guys... nice thread here.. im looking around and might change to pulsar too.... but i have a concern over tank capacity... what is the biggest tank that we can fix on pulsar? :)

i was thinking of this before actually.. tot of go to scrapyard and check out on other bike's tank.. but after sometimes, i think i don't need bigger capacity.. 18litres is good enough... if can get 25litres tank 'lagi bagus'!!

anyway if i'm not wrong the first version of pulsar holds 20litre tank

guys... nice thread here.. im looking around and might change to pulsar too.... but i have a concern over tank capacity... what is the biggest tank that we can fix on pulsar? :)

maybe put ST11 tank hor.. sure power... i don't mind doing it also.. hah!