SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....got lobang where to buy the manual ?? Is the Shadow Ace and Shadow Classic of the same spec ??
Both model share the same manual but I would suggest you to get the service manual instead as this is more important than the come with manual that contain basic information only. Try your luck on ebay. :)

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Need help.....I thinking of getting shadow....just now was my first time on it...(test rode)

Then i feel the steering a lil hard and heavy....is it normal?

Its like when i turning left i feel like the handle wants to go back straight....so turning took an extra effort not like phantom....same for right side....

Then when stationary, cant turn handle left right much like other bike....its like heavy....like no power steering....

Need comments and feedback.....Need help....

Stationary your motorcycle front wheel alight to its motorcycle body frame/fuel tank and give a light knock on the right handle grip end and repeat the procedure with the left if the front wheel would turn at the slightest knock. If it doesn't, chances are the steering bearing is gone. Do bring it over to your motorcycle workshop for a replacement.

yah... quickly get!

and i have been wanting to come to owen road on fri nights bro. but evertime got smth on.

next wk i'll try to make it. hope to see plasticblackspecs, doyle n all...

see ya

btw, how r u bros going to SBBF?

The venue has changed to Rangoon Road which is just one street beside Owen Road. :)

Hi again!

I need to pick you brains once again ;-)

My ACE 400 is getting a few "upgrades"

Vance and Hines Exhaust

K&N Air Filter

>>and of course I need to re-jet my carbs.

Here lies the problem. I have confirmed that the exhaust and air-filter from the ACE 750 work but I do not have any info which carburettor model is in the Shadow Ace 400

I found 2 jet kits that fit the 750 but without knowing which carb is in the 400 this is not much help.

If you want to have a look at the jet kit, it can be found at

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com

and it is made by Thunder (includes stage 1 - 3 jets, pretty nice!)

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/cob_92-2271_200.jpg

So please if anyone knows if the carbs in the 750 are the same as in the 400 please let me know. Or even if you have the model/part number of the carbs that would be fine (I have no manual :angry: )

My Ace 400 is a 1999 model

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards

Barbara

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you make something Idiot-Proof, someone will invent a better idiot!

Dear fellow Shadow riders,

I am selling my 2nd hand Givi windshield that came with the bike from the shop. It is in fairly good condition. Comes with brackets,screws, everything you need to install it. I can teach you how and help you oif needed. Selling price:- $80. Sms me at 9830 5061 if interested. Serious buyer only. Thanks.

bike 001.jpg

bike 002.jpg

bike 003.jpg

Hi again!

I need to pick you brains once again ;-)

My ACE 400 is getting a few "upgrades"

Vance and Hines Exhaust

K&N Air Filter

>>and of course I need to re-jet my carbs.

Here lies the problem. I have confirmed that the exhaust and air-filter from the ACE 750 work but I do not have any info which carburettor model is in the Shadow Ace 400

I found 2 jet kits that fit the 750 but without knowing which carb is in the 400 this is not much help.

If you want to have a look at the jet kit, it can be found at

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com

and it is made by Thunder (includes stage 1 - 3 jets, pretty nice!)

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/cob_92-2271_200.jpg

So please if anyone knows if the carbs in the 750 are the same as in the 400 please let me know. Or even if you have the model/part number of the carbs that would be fine (I have no manual :angry: )

My Ace 400 is a 1999 model

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards

Barbara

Hi,

I had a 400 and a 750 before. The only difference I can see would probably be the bore of the engine and the CDI. Other than that, all are the same. Let me check with the local distributor for Honda parts and I'll let you know.

have bike will travel . . . . .

www.kruzer.sg

haha thanks!!

The reason why I'm selling my windshield is becos I want the classic look on my bike and I feel that the windshield does not go along too well with it.

Yeah bro, u r right abt ur coments.I too ride a shadow and the shield look more rounded lel funny.Look better on a classic one,the one tat got crome metal line(memphis the shield name i tink)

Cheers bro. Ride Safe Be Safe Always.:angel: :angel:

The 2 spotlights in front didn't come with the bike. I bought it from LAB. You gota buy a bar too from them to install it. Total price about $70-$80.

wah... i will go chck it out.... u got from LAB.....how long already??? any sign of rust?/????

thanks...

ur ride looks sweet......:thumb: :thumb:

I . L . T . N . N

THis is my second pair of headlights.This second pair is much better than the first because of the make and the way it is attached to the bracket.(just take a close look at my pic 2 to have a better view). I bought this second pair in June 2007.

To prevent it from rusting because it will definately rust if you do not take care (my friend's one did rust), I used silver paint and lacquer to paint the bottom of the headlights where the screws and brackets are. And covering your bike every night if yours is a unsheltered carpark will much alot of difference.

So far I've been doing that and till this day, no rust.