SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] [Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2008

PaLmEr

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the 14th june.. could it be the problem? gear related to chain?

My suggestion to you would be:-

1) Lube your chain, preferably once every week and everytime after it rains. It'll soften the sound produced.

2) Your clutch cable could be due for a change. Usually clutch cable can last for around 2 years. But always perform the cheaper solution first like adjust your clutch cable. Adjusting clutch cable is easy as you just need to turn the nut on the left side of the handle bar. Adjust for more freeplay on the clutch which you'll need to squeeze harder in order to change gears.

3) Check for clutch slippage if the above mentioned does not help. Do a search on the forum if you do not know how. Your clutch plates could also be due for a change.

4) Get your trustworthy mechanic to check and advice accordingly.

My suggestion to you would be:-

1) Lube your chain, preferably once every week and everytime after it rains. It'll soften the sound produced.

2) Your clutch cable could be due for a change. Usually clutch cable can last for around 2 years. But always perform the cheaper solution first like adjust your clutch cable. Adjusting clutch cable is easy as you just need to turn the nut on the left side of the handle bar. Adjust for more freeplay on the clutch which you'll need to squeeze harder in order to change gears.

3) Check for clutch slippage if the above mentioned does not help. Do a search on the forum if you do not know how. Your clutch plates could also be due for a change.

4) Get your trustworthy mechanic to check and advice accordingly.

alright, i will try that out.. thank you

maybe friday visit unique or planet.. shall post the outcome after the visit..

I have my chain tighten and since, there is always a screeching sound when I'm moving? What could possibly be the problem(s)?

Anyone!?:dozed:

Live life a quarter mile at a time

Anyone!?:dozed:

How tight is tight?...tension you mean?

The most 'accurate' to tension a chain is to have yourself sitting on your bike while the mech or a friend does it.

There should at least be a 15mm to 25mm (5/8 - 1 inch) slack for vertical movement midway along the chain after you adjusted it. Rotate or move the wheel to be sure that this is constant..if its doesn't..and slack in certain section as you move the wheel, its an indication that there is kinked and binding along the chain or the link binding has weaken.

Your case of chain noise sound more like its too tight and may be slightly off aligment. Remember that when you tighten the main back wheel axle nut..there is further 'tightening' in progress...so slack more before you tighten that back axle nut.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Anyone can recommended which plc re-wrap seat is nice and cheaper??

Btw, can anyone provided Aunty shop address? I understand the shop is on our right hand side when u riding on Jalan Besar road, b4 reach LAB. Is Aunty Shop is the real name? paisei.... thks advice pls.

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

Anyone can recommended which plc re-wrap seat is nice and cheaper??

Btw, can anyone provided Aunty shop address? I understand the shop is on our right hand side when u riding on Jalan Besar road, b4 reach LAB. Is Aunty Shop is the real name? paisei.... thks advice pls.

Hoo Hin Trading Company(Auntie Shop)

411 Jalan Besar, S'pore 209014

207 Lavendar Street S'pore 338765

Vernis Boo

Tel: 62910543

Juzz Wheelzz

Blk 1008, Bukit Merah Lane 3

#01-18

Lenny Ling

Tel: 81250456

Not Just Helmet

454 Macpherson Road,

Joyee

Tel: 97968892

Hope the info helps....

Aunty shop is straight down lavandar street... after MW, keep left until you see the junction.... alittle bit more, you will see 2 shops... there !:cheeky:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67030&d=1214533391

Phantom TA150 ----- Gone

CB400 Spec2---------Gone

Yamaha X-1----------Gone

CB400 Spec1.||| -------- Gone

Honda Silverwing 400 - FOR SALE

yo bro... thks very much for the info..... with the address n name, i can easily find it out..... btw, any recommendation which is cheaper and nice? Do the shop above mentioned got sticker services?:cheeky:

N/A (Current)

yo bro... thks very much for the info..... with the address n name, i can easily find it out..... btw, any recommendation which is cheaper and nice? Do the shop above mentioned got sticker services?:cheeky:

cheaper i dunno... cause usually i will do at aunty shop or 219, cause competition there makes the price attractive. its just next door, can walk ard to compare prices...

yes... aunty shop does provide sticker services... reasonable prices..

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67030&d=1214533391

Phantom TA150 ----- Gone

CB400 Spec2---------Gone

Yamaha X-1----------Gone

CB400 Spec1.||| -------- Gone

Honda Silverwing 400 - FOR SALE

hi bros, anyone ever encounter similar problem.

I just changed my tires (Pirelli Diablo) yesterday, after changing my bike seems to lose power on pick up and when goin thro bends feel very different (unstable). However, I did see the mech at unique balance my wheel.

Can anyone help me?

3 Sides to a Story: His story, Mine & the Truth

How tight is tight?...tension you mean?

The most 'accurate' to tension a chain is to have yourself sitting on your bike while the mech or a friend does it.

There should at least be a 15mm to 25mm (5/8 - 1 inch) slack for vertical movement midway along the chain after you adjusted it. Rotate or move the wheel to be sure that this is constant..if its doesn't..and slack in certain section as you move the wheel, its an indication that there is kinked and binding along the chain or the link binding has weaken.

Your case of chain noise sound more like its too tight and may be slightly off aligment. Remember that when you tighten the main back wheel axle nut..there is further 'tightening' in progress...so slack more before you tighten that back axle nut.

Went to bikeshop, its my wheel bearing thats screwed up. :bounce:

IKER;4401957']cheaper i dunno... cause usually i will do at aunty shop or 219, cause competition there makes the price attractive. its just next door, can walk ard to compare prices...

yes... aunty shop does provide sticker services... reasonable prices..

Thks bro..... now exciting to see my new outlook of s4 nxt Monday from Motoworld. after maybe will go directly to Aunty shop do up my seat rewrap and sticker fairing and bellypan.....:cheer: :cheer:

N/A (Current)

IKER;4401832']Hoo Hin Trading Company(Auntie Shop)

411 Jalan Besar, S'pore 209014

207 Lavendar Street S'pore 338765

Vernis Boo

Tel: 62910543

Juzz Wheelzz

Blk 1008, Bukit Merah Lane 3

#01-18

Lenny Ling

Tel: 81250456

Not Just Helmet

454 Macpherson Road,

Joyee

Tel: 97968892

Hope the info helps....

Aunty shop is straight down lavandar street... after MW, keep left until you see the junction.... alittle bit more, you will see 2 shops... there !:cheeky:

Not Just Helmet has shifted to Ubi the coffeeshop that block.. =)

btw i got questions.. how much roughly does the following will cost up to?

- Engine Oil (Motul 300v)

- OEM Oil Filter

- OEM Clutch Plates

- Clutch Gasket

- Magnetic Coil

- Starter Carbon

- Spec3 Tail Modification + Spray + Moulding of the pillion handle bar (i brought my spec3 tail & taillight to the shop to do the job)

- Spec3 Undertray

- Spec3 Mudguard

- Labour Charge

i did mine for $970.. issit a good price? any idea, please feedback hees.. :D kinda broke already sobb!! :weep:

btw i looking for a aftermarket handlebar that has the same feel/position as the stock.. any brand? no fatbar pls..

Lousy Noob Rider

Went to bikeshop, its my wheel bearing thats screwed up. :bounce:

You think so?...LOL!..may be it was too tight and to do for you may be free job so might as well tell yo bearing koyak!?...:D and some $$s for the day trouble..who knows. Just taking reference that if you have not tighten the chain..you do not have the problem..yah?...anyway..

hi bros, anyone ever encounter similar problem.

I just changed my tires (Pirelli Diablo) yesterday, after changing my bike seems to lose power on pick up and when goin thro bends feel very different (unstable). However, I did see the mech at unique balance my wheel.

Can anyone help me?

mine is spec 2

3 Sides to a Story: His story, Mine & the Truth

85% Kerosene blend with 5% soap poder/10% water. Use a roough surface rag cloth. Sponge with clean water immediately when you finished the part done...one at a time. :dot:

so now manage to salvage the ruin? :confused:

ah pek's secret formula worked great!

my meter lookin brand new again.. so is my gearbox n engine block :lovestruck: :cheer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asyie76/1098771948_1777077031.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asyie76/1111207576_1257877726.gif

if Life ain't any Better..

seek Death & u'll feel Lighter..

hi i am new for s4 for run in izzit 3k will do ?

Wah...another same question here...this is the third one I came across.:D

You think so?...LOL!..may be it was too tight and to do for you may be free job so might as well tell yo bearing koyak!?...:D and some $$s for the day trouble..who knows. Just taking reference that if you have not tighten the chain..you do not have the problem..yah?...anyway..

Its really chui. It was very unstable when i was riding. So suck thumb and change. Wear and tear no choice.

Any1 experience this? When my spec 3 was stock i could go all the way to the max no wobbles, but recently i jacked up my back suspension and installed a GPR scrambler type handle bar.

Noticed that day on BKE went to 140 my bike started to wobble got so bad that i had to slow down any1 have any idea?

Also after installing the handle bar i didnt have a chance to buy a new set of balancers for the handler bar, does that play a part also?

Jun 06 - Aug 06: Honda Phantom TA200 FV13**Y

Aug 06 - Oct 07: Yamaha RXZ FR41**U

Oct 07 - Nov 09: Honda CB400 Spec 3 FBC10**B

Nov 09 - Mar 11: Suzuki GSR400 FBC73**C

Mar 11 - Apr 11: Piaggio X9 Evo FX 42**U

Mar 11 - Jan 14: Honda Silverwing 400 FBC 53**J

Dec 13 - May 14: Toyota Wish SJU 48**L

May 14 - Jul 15: Maxsym 400i FBJ 36**G

Aug 15 - Current: Honda Silverwing SW-T400 FBG 29**R

Any1 experience this? When my spec 3 was stock i could go all the way to the max no wobbles, but recently i jacked up my back suspension and installed a GPR scrambler type handle bar.

Noticed that day on BKE went to 140 my bike started to wobble got so bad that i had to slow down any1 have any idea?

Also after installing the handle bar i didnt have a chance to buy a new set of balancers for the handler bar, does that play a part also?

the jacking up of the rear plays havoc on bike stability. get a set of heavy balancers from motovation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

Any rough estimate one price for the heavy balancers from motovation? Also i noticed whenever after using my front brake when i move off i can hear a slight hissing sound coming from my front brakes is that normal and once ever at my carpark i park next day i want to move off the bike like stuck on front break but i wasnt pressing it. I just tug on it then it moved.

Jun 06 - Aug 06: Honda Phantom TA200 FV13**Y

Aug 06 - Oct 07: Yamaha RXZ FR41**U

Oct 07 - Nov 09: Honda CB400 Spec 3 FBC10**B

Nov 09 - Mar 11: Suzuki GSR400 FBC73**C

Mar 11 - Apr 11: Piaggio X9 Evo FX 42**U

Mar 11 - Jan 14: Honda Silverwing 400 FBC 53**J

Dec 13 - May 14: Toyota Wish SJU 48**L

May 14 - Jul 15: Maxsym 400i FBJ 36**G

Aug 15 - Current: Honda Silverwing SW-T400 FBG 29**R