SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Tmax Cafe

Swing 7777

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... thanks for the comments cxcx...

Later pple start challengin me on road... Whahaha...

Just kidding.. My burg no handlin de... Basket... Must go do up the suspension..

Owned: Daylim Daystar, Honda Superfour, Suzuki DR350, Kawasaki ZX6R(98), Kawasaki ZX12R(00), Piaggio X9 200, Piaggio X9 500, Honda XR400, Piaggio Skipper 125, Gilera Runner VXR200(07), Suzuki Swift 1.3.

Current: Suzuki Burgman 650(04)

Coming Up: Mitsubishi Colt Version-R Turbo

Lol.. all r humble ppl.. hee.. but 1st time see X4 sia..

Rare... very rare bike.. Yeah.. Clementchng, wait for ur tires to arrive then we go riding again..

cxcx, so wat surprise will u be giving me the next meetup.. hahaah..

WEIZHONG

http://www.yamaha-motor.jp/mc/lineup/sportsbike/tmax/sp/index.html

Lol weizhong, just call me clement will do... I think next week than i change this damn tires...

Dont forget our agreement weizhong-doin up lightings... whaha...

Owned: Daylim Daystar, Honda Superfour, Suzuki DR350, Kawasaki ZX6R(98), Kawasaki ZX12R(00), Piaggio X9 200, Piaggio X9 500, Honda XR400, Piaggio Skipper 125, Gilera Runner VXR200(07), Suzuki Swift 1.3.

Lol weizhong, just call me clement will do... I think next week than i change this damn tires...

Dont forget our agreement weizhong-doin up lightings... whaha...

Lol.. no prob.. anytime free can call me out too.. hee

WEIZHONG

Lol.. all r humble ppl.. hee.. but 1st time see X4 sia..

Rare... very rare bike.. Yeah.. Clementchng, wait for ur tires to arrive then we go riding again..

cxcx, so wat surprise will u be giving me the next meetup.. hahaah..

Aiyoyo....no more surprises la...maybe for a laugh, ride out in a C70, an original blue white model....or if I have extra money, upgrade to C90, the red white model....useful for national day also! 20 cc more leh!!!!

me + c70 cub = damn farnie sight

Aiyoyo....no more surprises la...maybe for a laugh, ride out in a C70, an original blue white model....or if I have extra money, upgrade to C90, the red white model....useful for national day also! 20 cc more leh!!!!

me + c70 cub = damn farnie sight

Haha.. tat's cute man.. we shall see it the next time round..

WEIZHONG

Hey :sian: I wanna join for outing leh... (if free that is :cheeky:)

Honda Phantom TA200 - Sep 2005 to Jun 2008

Honda Silverwing - Jun 2008 to Jun 2009

Honda CBF150 - Jun 2009 and Beyond

Honor God, Ride Safely...

or jiao,u must let us know whr u know how to go leh..coz we dun often meet up at thompson/kallang area..

Owned: Nsr 125 SP,CBR 400 RRL,Fazer 600 '04,ST1100,Runner 200 VXR,VFR800 ABS '05 + X8,XP500 BlackMax + KSR 111,Copen 660T, FXSTB Night Train Custom,YP250 Classic Limited,HyperMotard S ,Golf GTI DSG Mk5 ,MX-5 NCEC PRHT + W124 220TE, E92 325XL ,Golf GTI MKVI ,'08 XP500 [4B5] ,AE 101,ZC31S ,DC5 , NCP42

Current : Tmax 530

Anyone wanna go jb this few nites? Eat, petrol n etc...

or jiao,u must let us know whr u know how to go leh..coz we dun often meet up at thompson/kallang area..

Ok la... Wherever you all go I go lor... I feel paisay to want you all to compromise also... :cheeky:

Btw, its an honour to be called "Or Jiao" leh :lol: Hope I will get a chance to ride it next time... :angel:

Any Tmax rider tried the Fuoco yet? How does it compare?

Rgds

i dun ride the tmax. but have tested both bikes before. wat i can say is 2 different stories.

Tmax - runs on 2 cylinders parallel with DOHC.

Fuoco - runs on a single cylinder with SOHC.

Tmax - you can stretch your legs almost fully.

Fuoco - your legs will be almost 90 degrees most of the time.

Tmax - front tire is either 14 or 15 inch.

Fuoco - front tire only 12 inch. but got 2 tires on the front. thus cornering is more stable. like almost glues to the ground.

Tmax's underseat compartment is smaller than that of the Fuoco.

Italian parts more ex than the Japanese.

But overall, i would say the Fuoco is really worth a try.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

:thumb: upz for u swing7777, peace!

What has it gotta do with ppl making remarks of me outside??

Ok,its not a problem wad others say abt me coz i`ve heard plenty abt u too.I maybe has not has anything to do with u (The so called red highlighted topic).The stuff are expensive anot u urself know.Maybe to u not worth buying n shld wait for other to sell..maybe in this case momo.if u are unahppy abt my reply,let talk outside of the forum.no point yakking in here.i`m just trying to peace out the thread.A Small thread like this also got internal affairs. :nono: .We really don't need this.Was the main criteria of this thread when it was 1st started.U can have your point of view of course but we dun really need this.

Of course u can add to the negative comments abt me with your "Fellow Forummers".Not a Problem.

Have u never added or spread remarks of other fourummers?I tink i beg to differ,as i have heard 1st hand from u. o_O

Biggest cc = chief? hmm...ok..i tink size does matter..

Respect others till they disrespect u? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Internal Conflicts is what this thread needs last.Please 'Respect' This if u can find it within u.

Thank you very much for your co-operation.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8836/copyofnanshansoyamilkmame5.jpg

maxwell hawker centre :slurp:

i dun ride the tmax. but have tested both bikes before. wat i can say is 2 different stories.

Tmax - runs on 2 cylinders parallel with DOHC.

Fuoco - runs on a single cylinder with SOHC.

Tmax - you can stretch your legs almost fully.

Fuoco - your legs will be almost 90 degrees most of the time.

Tmax - front tire is either 14 or 15 inch.

Fuoco - front tire only 12 inch. but got 2 tires on the front. thus cornering is more stable. like almost glues to the ground.

Tmax's underseat compartment is smaller than that of the Fuoco.

Italian parts more ex than the Japanese.

But overall, i would say the Fuoco is really worth a try.

TQ Big cow. I agree with your observation. I have been riding a TMax since 2002 Feb covering more than 40,000kms and find it a great scooter. Its fast and powerful enough, and handles well for a scooter. I freqeuntly ride the Tmax up and down the hills of Awana Genting on weekends and it gives very little to 150hp sportsbikes in the twisties. I installed a Doken roof on the Tmax since mid 02 and have been using it for commuting and touring.

Yesterday i went to a bike shop and checked out the Fuoco and paid a deposit and booked a number for it without much thought. The Fuoco is certainly more cramped in the legroom area, and while the underseat space is bigger, the Tmax is deeper.

The Fuoco to my eyes looks damn cool although the overall design gives me the impression that it was penned by two diferent designers, one for the front, the other for the rear half, and both did not talk to one another.

I hope the handling is superior to the TMax, and I'm sure the front will be better, but I have my reservation about the back end as it uses a pivoting engine where the TMax is frame mounted.

I intend to transfer the roof to the Fuoco and keep the Tmax for a bit of track day work at Sepang after some mods are done to it.

The Tmax was GPSed at 158km/h for an indicated 170km/h and that is enough for me. I've read that the Fuoco tops out at only 145km/h and that come to me as a little slow.

Which is why I've posted the same subject at the Fuoco thread, asking for any rider experience there. I am also hopeful that there will be lots of Fuoco sold in SG so I can get parts and mods done there to at least push the top speed to equal the TMax.

I hope I can get the Fuoco registered soon. Then I can easily compare the dofferences between the two Superscoots.

:thumb: upz for u swing7777, peace!

To really Peace out on this thread, is to just keep quiet & lay this discussion to rest. Which is what i've done for the past few days.

is there any need to Upz this & bring it alive again? well, unless U are nursing an agenda against me.... :dot: seriously, there's no reason to bring this up again.

this thread should be used to discuss issues like what mrmagoo has just posted....

The Pretty Lady

Once upon a time a big monk and a little monk were traveling together. They came to the bank of a river and found the bridge was damaged. They had to wade across the river. There was a pretty lady who was stuck at the damaged bridge and couldn't cross the river. The big monk offered to carry her across the river on his back. The lady accepted. The little monk was shocked by the move of the big monk. 'How can big brother carry a lady when we are supposed to avoid all intimacy with females?' thought the little monk. But he kept quiet. The big monk carried the lady across the river and the small monk followed unhappily. When they crossed the river, the big monk let the lady down and they parted ways with her.

All along the way for several miles, the little monk was very unhappy with the act of the big monk. He was making up all kinds of acussations about big monk in his head. This got him madder and madder. But he still kept quiet. And the big monk had no inclination to explain his situation. Finally, at a rest point many hours later, the little monk could not stand it any further, he burst out angrily at the big monk. 'How can you claim yourself a devout monk, when you seize the first opportunity to touch a female, especially when she is very pretty? All your teachings to me make you a big hypocrite The big monk looked surprised and said, 'I had put down the pretty lady at the river bank many hours ago, how come you are still carrying her along?'

[This very old Chinese Zen story reflects the thinking of many people today. We encounter many unpleasant things in our life, they irritate us and they make us angry. Sometimes, they cause us a lot of hurt, sometimes they cause us to be bitter or jealous .. But like the little monk, we are not willing to let them go away.We keep on carrying the baggage of the 'pretty lady' with us. We let them keep on coming back to hurt us, make us angry, make us bitter and cause us a lot of agony.Why? Simply because we are not willing to put down or let go of the baggage of the 'pretty lady'. We should let go of the pretty lady immediately after crossing the river, that is after the unpleasant event is over.This will immediately remove all our agonies.There is no need to be further hurt by the unpleasant event after it is over.]

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

bigcow, you wrote that you have tested both scooters in your post. This means that the Fuoco is already on the road in Singapore right? What are your comments regarding handling and power differences?

Regards

mrmagoo

The Pretty Lady

Once upon a time a big monk and a little monk were traveling together. They came to the bank of a river and found the bridge was damaged. They had to wade across the river. There was a pretty lady who was stuck at the damaged bridge and couldn't cross the river. The big monk offered to carry her across the river on his back. The lady accepted. The little monk was shocked by the move of the big monk. 'How can big brother carry a lady when we are supposed to avoid all intimacy with females?' thought the little monk. But he kept quiet. The big monk carried the lady across the river and the small monk followed unhappily. When they crossed the river, the big monk let the lady down and they parted ways with her.

All along the way for several miles, the little monk was very unhappy with the act of the big monk. He was making up all kinds of acussations about big monk in his head. This got him madder and madder. But he still kept quiet. And the big monk had no inclination to explain his situation. Finally, at a rest point many hours later, the little monk could not stand it any further, he burst out angrily at the big monk. 'How can you claim yourself a devout monk, when you seize the first opportunity to touch a female, especially when she is very pretty? All your teachings to me make you a big hypocrite The big monk looked surprised and said, 'I had put down the pretty lady at the river bank many hours ago, how come you are still carrying her along?'

[This very old Chinese Zen story reflects the thinking of many people today. We encounter many unpleasant things in our life, they irritate us and they make us angry. Sometimes, they cause us a lot of hurt, sometimes they cause us to be bitter or jealous .. But like the little monk, we are not willing to let them go away.We keep on carrying the baggage of the 'pretty lady' with us. We let them keep on coming back to hurt us, make us angry, make us bitter and cause us a lot of agony.Why? Simply because we are not willing to put down or let go of the baggage of the 'pretty lady'. We should let go of the pretty lady immediately after crossing the river, that is after the unpleasant event is over.This will immediately remove all our agonies.There is no need to be further hurt by the unpleasant event after it is over.]

A very beautiful and meaningful story... Thanks for sharing... :)

Hi Mr Magoo! how are the peeps m'sia?still doing the B-Road/Trunk Road runs all the time?I`ve just got the new 08 Tmax.Lighter n does not scrap the mainstand when doing corner..

Btw the new 08 tmax parts are frm europe side coz its a euro model..japan does not have this model (yet?).got some of my parts frm italy itself but hong kong has the 08 Tmax

Btw MrMagoo,Y not wait for the GP800?Since ur more to power,its very powerful..800cc..but do bear in mind its still a SOHC.Final Drive is Exposed Chain Driven..here's a peek at the Tmax 2008 Vs GP 800

http://www.scootersales.com.au/Gallery-1250-scooternews.aspx

Owned: Nsr 125 SP,CBR 400 RRL,Fazer 600 '04,ST1100,Runner 200 VXR,VFR800 ABS '05 + X8,XP500 BlackMax + KSR 111,Copen 660T, FXSTB Night Train Custom,YP250 Classic Limited,HyperMotard S ,Golf GTI DSG Mk5 ,MX-5 NCEC PRHT + W124 220TE, E92 325XL ,Golf GTI MKVI ,'08 XP500 [4B5] ,AE 101,ZC31S ,DC5 , NCP42

To really Peace out on this thread, is to just keep quiet & lay this discussion to rest. Which is what i've done for the past few days.

is there any need to Upz this & bring it alive again? well, unless U are nursing an agenda against me.... :dot: seriously, there's no reason to bring this up again.

this thread should be used to discuss issues like what mrmagoo has just posted....

The Pretty Lady

OKOK,Peace out,i shut up,u shut up we all shut up.Let's keep n maintain peace in the Tmax forum deal?Hope it dun become like other thread..

In the end we are all Tmax riders n we have known each other for so long.Let's just move on n talk abt the lovely XP500.

So chris have u gotten ur stuff?Actually ebay has them,do a check..but yet to include shipping..to my calculations shld be ard the same after conversion of currency,tax + Shipping..

If u reli want it direct frm jap side (As I would recommend),ask sp2 Bro to help,he has lobang to get stuff there.

All dun angry alrdy deal?Next round kopi on me..Mr Magoo,if u wanna come down with ur Tmax,u r always welcomed to do so.Give us a ring n i`ll buy coffee! :thumb:

OKOK,Peace out,i shut up,u shut up we all shut up.Let's keep n maintain peace in the Tmax forum deal?Hope it dun become like other thread..

In the end we are all Tmax riders n we have known each other for so long.Let's just move on n talk abt the lovely XP500.

So chris have u gotten ur stuff?Actually ebay has them,do a check..but yet to include shipping..to my calculations shld be ard the same after conversion of currency,tax + Shipping..

If u reli want it direct frm jap side (As I would recommend),ask sp2 Bro to help,he has lobang to get stuff there.

All dun angry alrdy deal?Next round kopi on me..Mr Magoo,if u wanna come down with ur Tmax,u r always welcomed to do so.Give us a ring n i`ll buy coffee! :thumb:

Agreed! :thumb:

And Yes, Bro SP2 has been a great help too! But sadly, havent had the chance to see him in the flesh. Hey sp2, U withdrawn yr SDR sales thread?? Not buying TMax anymore?? :cry:

I know its DIFFICULT, but think abt how nice it would be if the TMAX Riders in Sgp & M'sia were to be able to find a chance to meetup and Ride together... preferably in M'sia, Sgp too many ERPs liaoz :giddy:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08