SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF IT Q&A Thread (Ask your IT questions here!)

PaLmEr

Have you ever considered using a laptop cooler? Get those with a full aluminum plate below or branded ones like Coolermaster.

My IBM ThinkPad R31 HDD runs at 50C+ but with a cooler, it runs in the higher 30sC to lower 40sC, depending on load and within the safe HDD operating temps.

Do remember to regularly clean and dust your laptop. Don't let it sit on the bed, only on a flat surface.

With a dell XPS, heat is sure gonna be a problem.

Oki Bro will get a cool, thks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bro,

How to open file ext .z02 ??

To answer your question:

File compression software (i.e. Winzip) have the ability to chop very big Zip files into many smaller files if the user chooses to do so.

The resultant files would be - .zip, .z01, z02, z03, etc...

Open up the file that ends in .zip. Your file compression software will automatically piece the rest together into one complete zip file.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• 1 month later...

anyway, i have 2 lap top and 1 desktop all to myself.

i use one of the lap top for school. as for the desktop i use it when i am at home.

i have another lap top that is just sitting around doing nothing. i was thinking of doing something useful with it and not let it get heavily underutilized. its not a very fast or new lap top anyway, its just a pretty decent one. not that slow too.

so other than selling it. what can i do with it?

thanks ;)

If it's one of those that make your headphones sound powerful (those Asus netbooks have decent audio) then I'd turn it into a media station. That maybe you play videos on it at bedside and fall asleep lol

If it has a huge HDD make it a file server.

And if it's just sitting around collecting dust, I sort of need a cheap lappy for school lmao.

If it's one of those that make your headphones sound powerful (those Asus netbooks have decent audio) then I'd turn it into a media station. That maybe you play videos on it at bedside and fall asleep lol

If it has a huge HDD make it a file server.

And if it's just sitting around collecting dust, I sort of need a cheap lappy for school lmao.

cant turn it into a media station, neither can it be a file server. its a very ordinary lap top. i think only suitable to surf the web with.

some of the keypad keys drop off already.. :(

i will find the specs of it and post here.

I bet I can lol. And do some Kopitiam Engineering ™ repairs on the missing keys :D

All I would need are some huge unwanted USB HDDs, hubs, fancy LED lighting and a subwoofer to make up for the lousy sound... maybe some fancy software to make that sound good :D

And hot pink spraypaint. Yes. Pink.

how to do? teach me leh.. then i can do for my lap top :p

Donate~~~~~~~

i got think of it.. but nah, its brought with hard earned money. :(

haha so its very hard to let it go despite it being an outdated/char pa lang lap top

• SBF unpinned this topic