SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

I have a funny question :>

lnfinity

good protective riding gear :thumb:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224296_1876443903159_1003050745_32094357_2879554_n.jpg

u must be joking :D

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coincidentally, I thought of the same thing recently.

Well, just to share with you, I signed up for the defensive riding course a couple of years back. I remembered many forum members here mentioned that they allow the use of your own bike for the course, although I did not see any participants use their own bike. I did not use mine too, not because I was afraid I'd drop my bike, but because I wanted to challenge myself to do whatever maneuver the instructor can do, using their bike, on my first try.

Coming back to the topic, that is one way you can use your own bike in the circuit. But it would be pretty expensive and you are limited to riding with the instructor. So as I was thinking, it would be great if the circuit was opened perhaps 1-2 days a month to allow the public to book the circuit at a small cost for them to do some self revision/training with their own bike. It would be a free run on the circuit. The cost could be same as the circuit revision price or a little more, since no need instructor training (or just a few instructors standby for safety or guidance purposes).

It will be a wonderful opportunity to sharpen our skills. Some riders who will benefit from it include: those who wants to practice specific areas of riding (for example, we don't ride through bumpy roads everyday like the bumpy course), or those whom have just bought a new bike and want a safe area to familiarise themselves with it, etc. In any case safer than testing in a carpark. Of course the centre will have to be indemnified from accidents.

On the other hand, I can also foresee some complications... like racers/stunters doing time attack, wheelies, and other dangerous acts. Not sure if they're exploring the possibility. Anyway, the Road Safety Riding Campaigns that ViciousKitty74 mentioned is something to look out for.

And guys... cut her some slack on the bag.... I too carry a backpack because of raincoat and stuff - it actually protected my back from a fall once.

Lastly, maybe this question should be posted under driving centres? I wanted to posted the same thing there initially... :confused:

good protective riding gear :thumb:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224296_1876443903159_1003050745_32094357_2879554_n.jpg

Dude, you're the best guy to...yknow, kinda guide her and give her some tips on what she can wear... :angel:

Y'kno, welcome her to the community at least. :)

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Coincidentally, I thought of the same thing recently.

Well, just to share with you, I signed up for the defensive riding course a couple of years back. I remembered many forum members here mentioned that they allow the use of your own bike for the course, although I did not see any participants use their own bike. I did not use mine too, not because I was afraid I'd drop my bike, but because I wanted to challenge myself to do whatever maneuver the instructor can do, using their bike, on my first try.

Coming back to the topic, that is one way you can use your own bike in the circuit. But it would be pretty expensive and you are limited to riding with the instructor. So as I was thinking, it would be great if the circuit was opened perhaps 1-2 days a month to allow the public to book the circuit at a small cost for them to do some self revision/training with their own bike. It would be a free run on the circuit. The cost could be same as the circuit revision price or a little more, since no need instructor training (or just a few instructors standby for safety or guidance purposes).

It will be a wonderful opportunity to sharpen our skills. Some riders who will benefit from it include: those who wants to practice specific areas of riding (for example, we don't ride through bumpy roads everyday like the bumpy course), or those whom have just bought a new bike and want a safe area to familiarise themselves with it, etc. In any case safer than testing in a carpark. Of course the centre will have to be indemnified from accidents.

On the other hand, I can also foresee some complications... like racers/stunters doing time attack, wheelies, and other dangerous acts. Not sure if they're exploring the possibility. Anyway, the Road Safety Riding Campaigns that ViciousKitty74 mentioned is something to look out for.

And guys... cut her some slack on the bag.... I too carry a backpack because of raincoat and stuff - it actually protected my back from a fall once.

Lastly, maybe this question should be posted under driving centres? I wanted to posted the same thing there initially... :confused:

To be honest, I think its feasible.

1. Everyone has to sign a form to indemnify the centre or apply as a member and pay 1 time fee

2. Ban/warn and serve (circuit) demerits to people who do stunts/race in the circuit etc. (one by one if they engage in such activities in the circuit)

3. Of course that per session charge and bike rental if don't want to use own bike.

Why not? I'll go a few times to practice, I wouldn't mind. Its never safe to practice E-braking outside also, unless maybe midnight roads empty.

I am so misunderstood.

The important part of the question is "just a short while to reminisce." not for practice.

It is the same reason as one visiting his or her alma mater, to reminisce, not to relearn.

I'm forced to lane split from pasir ris to kent ridge during peak hours almost every day so I think that is rather good practice for me.

Nevertheless I learnt quite a few things from the responses here, thank yous. :)

Theres another thing I wanna say. It's totally unrelated to the thread's discussion but it's okay. I feel that riders who ride small bikes/inexperienced riders get looked down on and bullied frequently. It's kinda sad. Shan't say more. :)

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/Siaolian/togetherforever.jpg

MAY THE V4 BE WITH YOU

I am so misunderstood.

Why you think so?

"just a short while to reminisce."

There you go.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

I am so misunderstood.

The important part of the question is "just a short while to reminisce." not for practice.

It is the same reason as one visiting his or her alma mater, to reminisce, not to relearn.

I'm forced to lane split from pasir ris to kent ridge during peak hours almost every day so I think that is rather good practice for me.

Nevertheless I learnt quite a few things from the responses here, thank yous. :)

Theres another thing I wanna say. It's totally unrelated to the thread's discussion but it's okay. I feel that riders who ride small bikes/inexperienced riders get looked down on and bullied frequently. It's kinda sad. Shan't say more. :)

Then go and buy a bigger bike la.... mai tu liao..

http://www.diljann4u.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Sports-Bikes-With-Hottest-Girls-And-Guys-www.diljann4u.com-04.jpg

Why should i? even if i do, i will not associate myself with people who discriminate.

I didn't know people with big bikes generally discriminate.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Why should i? even if i do, i will not associate myself with people who discriminate.

There were many times i was bullied, harrassed & overtaken by smaller capacity bike like a 125cc or 400cc instead of by a litre class bike.

You actually has opened a very interesting thread here.

BTW, i always fantasize to be pillioned by a lady rider. Sorry not being rude, this is just personal. Ooomps...... topic not related to this thread.

Cheers

Edited by kevin

UPPS!!! thumb up!!! alot of time.. big bike will show themselve off.... damn it...

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

There were many times i was bullied, harrassed & overtaken by smaller capacity bike like a 125cc or 400cc instead of by a litre class bike.

HAHA! how true..

big bikes always bullied by small bikes at traffic lights..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

UPPS!!! thumb up!!! alot of time.. big bike will show themselve off.... damn it...

orly? i y all i see is kips and sp bully me? oh maybe super 4 also try to pick up over take me too :(

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

How come so far no one bully me on the road? Must be my reliek perception...

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

yes, i ride tourer always get smoked by all the 2B bikes are in traffic jams. That's the price u pay for riding a fat as$ steroid bike.

I am curious how infinity get a picture of herself riding in traffic, and why its the back view?

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

I feel that riders who ride small bikes/inexperienced riders get looked down on and bullied frequently.

Notice that my focus is only the victims, i did not mention who the perpetrators are. So please do not accuse me of accusing those whom you accused me of accusing. :)

picture is taken by a stranger in a cab, whereupon he posted it in the KRR thread in an attempt to identify me.

I only have a very short riding experience. Personally I've yet to see bigger bikes getting bullied. When I brought up the issue of smaller capacity motorcycles getting inferior treatment based on my humble observations, I was thinking that almost every other vehicle category are potential bullies. It is natural human beings to judge based on empirical evidence first, and in this case, our vision, by virtue of size. 2B is the smallest (unless you consider cyclists). I am not concerned about the loss of face or the bruising of egos. I am concerned about the safety of my fellow riders.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/Siaolian/togetherforever.jpg

MAY THE V4 BE WITH YOU

Notice that my focus is only the victims, i did not mention who the perpetrators are. So please do not accuse me of accusing those whom you accused me of accusing. :)

picture is taken by a stranger in a cab, whereupon he posted it in the KRR thread in an attempt to identify me.

I only have a very short riding experience. Personally I've yet to see bigger bikes getting bullied. When I brought up the issue of smaller capacity motorcycles getting inferior treatment based on my humble observations, I was thinking that almost every other vehicle category are potential bullies. It is natural human beings to judge based on empirical evidence first, and in this case, our vision, by virtue of size. 2B is the smallest (unless you consider cyclists). I am not concerned about the loss of face or the bruising of egos. I am concerned about the safety of my fellow riders.

u dun seem concern abt ur own safety though? wat a selfless act :thumb:

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

Hi, good day to all. :> I've thought about this since a month or two ago. I also searched around sbf to see if anybody asked this before so that i don't have to ask, but either i didn't search thoroughly or there isn't any because i can't find anything like my question.

i graduated from cdc. i was wondering if i can ride my own bike into cdc and start doing figure 8, crank course, plank, you know. i don't intend to stay long. just a short while to reminisce. i always did the circuit with the school bike so i'm curious to go in with my own. what do you think might happen to me? chased after? stopped and shoo-ed out? shot down? banned from returning? towed? fined? sued? jailed? suspend or revoke licenses? ???

appreciate any bros or sis with experience to guide me. i'm still a noobie and learning. :>

Sign up for the Defensive Riding Course then you have an option of riding your own bike into the circuits and do al the stuff you mentioned.

Locking this up as the past 10 posts have been off topic.