SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

With higher screen you will have visibility problem when riding in the rain especially at night when there are on coming vehicles with head light shining into your face. I had this experience along NS highway on the goldwing. It was a night ride to Hatyai, was caught in heavy rain. I was having trouble trying to see the road through the wind shield when suddenly the bright light of on coming traffic caught me unware and I was blinded for a moment. A safe windshield is that you can look over it when riding in the rain. Remember Safety First.:thumb:

I second that too.... Not only you are wearing a helmet with visor that is already causing poor visibiilty with the rain beating on it but to have another barrier such as the higher screen attached will make it even worse. I must add that during good weather, it will come handy though....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/blackpiper/YNWA2.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.gizmag.com/go/7730/ This is the link for the hybrid Mp3 that can get 170 MPG or 170*1.6/4.2=64 km/L. THey did not mention what CC though. Anyway, kudos to all who have bought the MP3. You are all riding the future of motorcycling. Even Yamaha is coming out with the Tesserat see link http://www.gizmag.com/go/8234/

I tested the 250 and I must say really really great!!

Bro, the pics of hybrids are really impressive and so futuristic..... Saliva dropping already. If it comes to sg, i might give it a go..... well, I'm always game for trying new things..... but of course a lot of $$$$$ involved.

I just don't want to grow old and regretting it all later in life.....

I second that too.... Not only you are wearing a helmet with visor that is already causing poor visibiilty with the rain beating on it but to have another barrier such as the higher screen attached will make it even worse. I must add that during good weather, it will come handy though....

Thanks Bi2Sco, paulimym and Sufie.

I have plans to get a really tall windshield to get some descent wind protection. But with the heavy rain for the past 2 days, I'm really worried that the droplets and fogging can make the situation really sticky when looking through the tall wind shield.

I'm currently riding a Silverwing and find the look over windshield pretty sufficient. But the original 'windshield' on the MP3 looks really low. Anyone any comments on the wind 'protection' aspect?

---

“Some days I am the bug, some days I am the windshield!â€

---

Good job, bro...... Looking forward to see more mp3s on the road, be it 125, 250 or the 400s......

I checked with one of the motorshops today and they quoted me 12158 for OTR pricing including insurance.. do you think there is any more room to bring the price down?

I'm very familiar with cars as I drove cars for a number of years, but not sure how is the resale market like for bikes.

Hi bro...a 125cc new would cost about $11,700 otr. Thats recommended retail price, typically dealers would have a way to mark the RRP down abit.

For 2nd hand, so far I havent came across 125cc changed hands yet. But since the start there should be 2 units of MP3 250cc changed hands...the last 2nd hand 250 cost around 11k...

wah $11700 very expensive..how abt the maintainance part? izit exp also? compare to a 2 wheeler bike isit a safer bike?

If it doesnt kill ya..it'll make ya stronger!:angry:

http://www.megansafox.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_megan_fox_fhm_feb_2006_02.jpg

One of a SWinger in the Forum commented on the MP3 as a "pus*y bike" when he got to know that I'm considering it. I thought its pretty 'fierce' with the dual wheel in front and the front fender. The stability with an additional 3rd wheel is surely a nice safety feature. Never quite understand what's so wrong with this bike to others! Anyone any comments?

---

---

Well, end of the day it's your money and your decision...

And it's always easier to make snide remarks and put people down than to offer constructive comments that involves more mature thinking. :nono:

Just like there will be others who think riding scooter is being a pu**y in the first place..... so does that mean we should all sell off our scooters and buy 'proper' motorcycles?

There's enough space for all kinds of motorcycles out there! Ride safe!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

agree with Will.

Stick to your liking...these shallow-shells can feel free to call all other bikes they hated, pussi bikes. :lol:

oh yes...rememberd I read someone mentioned about the water resistancy of the Mp3 keys...ok here's a real scenario, my mechs always (and sometimes I forgot too...) shower and soap the demo MP3s without pulling the keys out of the key holes. So far, the keys are still fine and working well.

Just for comparison....MP3 owners, please dun follow...not covered in warranty :lol:

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

agree with Will.

Stick to your liking...these shallow-shells can feel free to call all other bikes they hated, pussi bikes. :lol:

oh yes...rememberd I read someone mentioned about the water resistancy of the Mp3 keys...ok here's a real scenario, my mechs always (and sometimes I forgot too...) shower and soap the demo MP3s without pulling the keys out of the key holes. So far, the keys are still fine and working well.

Just for comparison....MP3 owners, please dun follow...not covered in warranty :lol:

I fully agree on William and Brembo comments. Each have their own comments and shouldn't put other people down!

Alrighty, see you in a while Brembo ;)

---

---

One of a SWinger in the Forum commented on the MP3 as a "pus*y bike" when he got to know that I'm considering it. I thought its pretty 'fierce' with the dual wheel in front and the front fender. The stability with an additional 3rd wheel is surely a nice safety feature. Never quite understand what's so wrong with this bike to others! Anyone any comments?

Bros & sis out there,

Anyone can ride any bike they choose to, be it 2 wheelers, 3 wheelers, 125 ccs, 1300 ccs, black colour, pink colour, etc etc... What you fancy might not be fancied by others. Call your bike by any name or names, it still gives you the thrill. IMHO, I dun give a damn at what people say...... So just go with your heart......

-------To each his own-------

Hi Guys,

I have being riding the MP3 400ie for 1 1/2 mth. Did my first servicing. Quite happy with the fuel consumption so far my average travelling speed is 65 - 70km/h (based on my GPS average speed on total distance travelled) is 23 liter/KM. I have include a excel document that I had created to help you guys to monitor your fuel consumption. Please feel free to give your comments. There is also some data keyed in for your reference.

Levene :sweat:

Petrol Usage.zip

Bro, probably can post some information about the New X evo 400.

Saw the advertisement in the papers today.

Wrong thread lah bro.... heh heh heh....

But speaking of which, looking forward to a XEvo MP3 400.... :cheeky:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

i also don noe lei,i scared i regret buyin 250 instead of 400..but the fc for 400 is scary,drink more than my spec3..btw 125 is carb and 250,400 is efi rite..

i think so ,, i very gian to get la .. bt think tt the 250 de will be good enough for me and more worthy than the 125 la.

I am deciding between the 2 medium windshield for my MP3. One is the Givi and the other Fabbri. Does anyone knows they available locally right now? Else I will need to order online from USA for the Fabbri.

Bro...so far there are no distributor here for the fabbri windscreen.

you should go ahead to get from US since the exchange rate is quite good now.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

i also don noe lei,i scared i regret buyin 250 instead of 400..but the fc for 400 is scary,drink more than my spec3..btw 125 is carb and 250,400 is efi rite..

yes u are right. the 250 is surprising fast enough. but the 400 underseat is much shallow than the 250. depends on wat u wan. u do a lot of touring? even if u go long distance 2 times in a year, the 250 is good enough.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...