SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Helmet and Tinted visors issues

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no point lah....

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Sianzzz... especially for bikers like me who are wearing spectacles. When you are wearing specs difficult to wear sunglasses in a full face helmet when we travel in the afternoon. When I wear sunglasses with my full face helmet on, nobody can see my facial stuff also what so I really don't understand the TP's rational. :confused:

Sep 02 to Oct 02- Black Cagiva Planet (1 word Lousy)

Oct 02 to Oct 03- Yellow RXZ133 (Too light for me)

Oct 03 to Mar 05- White Purple CBR 400RR (Not enough style & power)

Mar 05 to Dec 06- Red CBR 1000RR (Wonderful except the magnetic coil issue)

Dec 06- Dec 07- Black VFR 800 (Good bike but not my style, thks for the memories)

Dec 07- Black GSX1000K8 (Nothing else to say except Damn good)

Originally posted by ronald814@Jul 22 2006, 07:05 PM

Sianzzz... especially for bikers like me who are wearing spectacles. When you are wearing specs difficult to wear sunglasses in a full face helmet when we travel in the afternoon. When I wear sunglasses with my full face helmet on, nobody can see my facial stuff also what so I really don't understand the TP's rational. :confused:

no one understands their rationale as well

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Ok thanks, I think this log can closed already then. Thanks for all the replies. :cheeky:

Sep 02 to Oct 02- Black Cagiva Planet (1 word Lousy)

Oct 02 to Oct 03- Yellow RXZ133 (Too light for me)

Oct 03 to Mar 05- White Purple CBR 400RR (Not enough style & power)

Mar 05 to Dec 06- Red CBR 1000RR (Wonderful except the magnetic coil issue)

Dec 06- Dec 07- Black VFR 800 (Good bike but not my style, thks for the memories)

Dec 07- Black GSX1000K8 (Nothing else to say except Damn good)

If u wearing dark visor when u go out in the afternoon, night time go home how to see man...

And riding halfway, starts to rain heavily. With normal visors, u can't even see too far, let alone dark visors.

I think sunglasses are still the best choice lah. Want o use, juz put on. If not, juz keep in pocket.

For speckys like me, u can trying buy specs that comes with clip-on or magnetic shades. I used that. So far, so good.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

Dunno if this is the appropriate place to place this thread, if not, please direct me to the right place and I will it there.

I am currently a learner rider and have bought a new helmet. Seeing so many stickers at the back, I got irritated and remove them all, including that PSB. There is when the problem started. The instructor have banned me from using that helmet in the circuit as it is without the certification. Since it is very new (less than 2 mths), I find it very wasted to chuck it aside and get a new one.

What I like to know is this. Is there any way that I can get the sticker back? Is so, where and what is the cost?

tks

:goodluck: my friend...

that sticker is all important...

and if i can buy it...i can buy any non PSB-approved helmet and just stick on the sticker...isnt it?

that will only make PSB approved helmets useless. some are useless anyway. there are much better ones, just that they are not sent for inspection.

so its either you get another helmet or use the helmets at the driving centre...

keep your current one for your pillion next time..or as a spare yourself. when you ride on the roads..they are not so strict already...

but anyway...i read somewhere that some shop around jalan besar sells the sticker...dont know how true is it...

my idea is to put in two small drivers (speaker) inside the helmet.

i took out the cushion and make a hole in the base foam layer and fit them there.

i know it's illegal but will kena check or not? in my entired year of riding, i havnt got checked on the helmet once.

how bout u?

man...modifying a helmet is not about getting caught..its about your own safety!

didnt you read the instruction manual for your helmet? no modifications to be done!

• 4 weeks later...

cars up to 30% tinted only mehz for passenger window? i saw 1 car bmw 7series the car almost fully tinted cant even see the inside when u're close.. i bet it's at least 60% tinted..

30% tinted is as good as not tinted at all rite? haha... if u wear a clear visor, and a super dark sunglass isin't it = wearing a tinted visor? no difference it makes.. duno y those TP ppl r dumbass x=

Lousy Noob Rider

• 2 weeks later...

one day after my night shift duty, i happen to be stopped at a TP road block along Yio Chu Kang Road at 11 am...

bloody bright sunny day , i was wearing my pillion open faced helmet with pitch black visor. i also have with me my full faced visor with clear visor.

The officer told me that it was an offence to wear the tinted visor and i should be wearing my full face clar visor helmet with sunglasses instaed.

i argued with him for a good ten minutes till he give up and told me to go...hehehe

i was asking him to explain what in the world in the difference and he could not give me an aswer beside the law states so...

further more i told him i had just finished night shift and was feeling tired...the sun will make mesleepy and it would be dangerous...

i think he fed up cos i argue too much that he decide to just let me ride off and quit bothering him...lol:sweat:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f388/hairisg76/DSCF1195a-2.jpg

i saw some webbie they got sell this visor tat can switch betwn tinted n clear.. another one is like transitition spec(wonder if u all noe) under strong sunlight it will turn dark, and when nrml light it's clear.. i forget where i saw it.. paiseh :sweat: .. but i remb pretty ex

Lousy Noob Rider

30% still can pass..But no difference if the sun is scorching hot and very bright..Recently a friend of mine kena fined coz his tinted visor was 34%..What the hell..Just 4% more..:sweat:

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Tinted visors are actually safer in some situations, because when you need to, you can just flip them up and restore proper, untinted vision.

Just try riding down a slope into an underground carpark;

Braking, downshifting, half-clutch, slowing for a hump. Now try to take off your sunglass.

• 1 month later...

Anyway, about the sticker issues...

In the case of an accident, whether or not your head is injured, how is the insurance company going to know what helmet you are wearing?

If a friend is accompanying you, just get him to keep the helmet for you. If you are concussed, chances are the helmet will only be removed at the hospital (after they survey the damage to your head whaahahah)

:dot: