SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do you gear up when riding?

arthur_chan

Do you gear up when riding?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Do you gear up when riding?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Yoshi,

Sad to say that the pac safe helmet lock cant be found in Singapore, i bought my piece in HK (nearest distributor) and brought back to sing by a hk buddy.

But i did call the distributor and they say the delivery can be arranged with additional charges. The disti info can be found in the same website.

Currently, Im storing my riding jacket/gloves in the bag, and the cable outside to lock the helmet while locking to the bike.

Sometimes, when i use my expensive helmet i just bring 2 of them to store everything (sometimes including pants)

Hope this help

:thumb:alex

Hi Alex,

So how much did it cost you? The website says US$59.99. Maybe buying through HK distributor will be cheaper.

Fantastic to know that the helmet bag can fit riding jacket! Is is easy to carry? Like put into the pocket of a riding jacket? I think it'll weigh quite a bit due to the metal mesh and cable and lock.

BTW I'm Yohji, not Yoshi (the Mario dinosaur). Haha!

c26492.jpg

Nah, the distributor sold at list price. I believe it might get cheaper if purchase from reseller as they have margin to play with. But dunno who is their reseller though.

The bag can be roll up to be slightly bigger than soft drink can;I just tie up at the tail of the bike by using separate velcro(bought separately). or previously i just stuck the bag in the windscreen for my previous bike(phantom). I dont carry them around.

My Luv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Nah, the distributor sold at list price. I believe it might get cheaper if purchase from reseller as they have margin to play with. But dunno who is their reseller though.

The bag can be roll up to be slightly bigger than soft drink can;I just tie up at the tail of the bike by using separate velcro(bought separately). or previously i just stuck the bag in the windscreen for my previous bike(phantom). I dont carry them around.

Wow like a soft drink can. Quite huge actually. But can't expect it to be very compact when there is wire mesh and cable lock.

As you can see, the tail of my bike has a seat cowl. There's no place to attach the Lidsafe. But I think I'll find a way ...

Thanks for sharing the information. Now there's more hope for us! Haha!

c26492.jpg

Heyy guys..

i thought it'd be apt to post in here since lots of the stuff have protective gear..

I'm doing an MO for jackets, pants, suits and gloves etc now, no brand but the prices are good.. The company's quite big, does replicas and normally exports to Europe, aussie and NZ, so the quality should be pretty good :)

You can see the stuff i selected at http://www.bikerslelong.blogspot.com! :)

Just to clarify, i only just started learning how to ride, and didn't have the intention to wear heavy protective gear to begin with.. I just wanted a leather jacket which looks good and all so that at least if i fall i won't get abrasion, plus can wear on normal day.. lots of stuff that i found were just too ex, and the cheaper ones didn't look nice at all. Then i found this company by accident, and saw that they had nice protective clothing at a nice price as well.. which is why i started the MO (to get my leather stuff faster and save on shipping)

but after i saw this thread... omg.. i think i'm gonna get better protective gear once i get my bike and start riding regularly!

200 bucks for a pair of bluetooth headsets.. worth it bo?

thanks for the initiative bro.. :thumb:

but most of the stuff u chose r leather ones.. very very hot leh.. :(

glad u will be gearing up when u ride. :):) ride safe bro!

Heyy guys..

i thought it'd be apt to post in here since lots of the stuff have protective gear..

I'm doing an MO for jackets, pants, suits and gloves etc now, no brand but the prices are good.. The company's quite big, does replicas and normally exports to Europe, aussie and NZ, so the quality should be pretty good :)

Just to clarify, i only just started learning how to ride, and didn't have the intention to wear heavy protective gear to begin with.. I just wanted a leather jacket which looks good and all so that at least if i fall i won't get abrasion, plus can wear on normal day.. lots of stuff that i found were just too ex, and the cheaper ones didn't look nice at all. Then i found this company by accident, and saw that they had nice protective clothing at a nice price as well.. which is why i started the MO (to get my leather stuff faster and save on shipping)

but after i saw this thread... omg.. i think i'm gonna get better protective gear once i get my bike and start riding regularly!

Heyy guys..

Some of the stuff looks nice. Those leather pants with sliders looks good. Can prob mix and match with my leather jacket.

Nice work. :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

thanks for the initiative bro.. :thumb:

but most of the stuff u chose r leather ones.. very very hot leh.. :(

glad u will be gearing up when u ride. :):) ride safe bro!

haha.. i'm a girl!! :p

and yeah, the leather's a drawback on hot days huh.. i want to get a leather one for rainy/cold days/nights, and a nice mesh jacket or cordura jacket for singapore's sunnys :) leather's natually abrasive resistant after all, and i think it's ok to use one with less hardcore protection for light riding, yes? :)

and yeah, the leather's a drawback on hot days huh.. i want to get a leather one for rainy/cold days/nights, and a nice mesh jacket or cordura jacket for singapore's sunnys :) leather's natually abrasive resistant after all, and i think it's ok to use one with less hardcore protection for light riding, yes? :)

okkkk... and there i was replying your email with "dude" when it should've been "dude-ette" hahaha

hope if you could get samples it would be great!

some of the boots look real nice :)

UPz for riding safety gear!

Grounded... :/

okkkk... and there i was replying your email with "dude" when it should've been "dude-ette" hahaha

hope if you could get samples it would be great!

some of the boots look real nice :)

UPz for riding safety gear!

*grins* yea! Unfortunately i can only get samples for leather jackets, boots will still have to second guess for the first set of orders.. but yeah, at least the price isn't too steep :)

and no worries lah dude! :D

Actually, if the leather is perforated then it's good for riding on hot days. But not in city traffic of course.

At night, a perforated jacket could be quite cooling, or even cold too, if you're the type who chills easily....

Actually, if the leather is perforated then it's good for riding on hot days. But not in city traffic of course.

At night, a perforated jacket could be quite cooling, or even cold too, if you're the type who chills easily....

Is there any perforated leather jacket that comes with removable water-proof inner/outer lining and ventilation vents? I guess this is the kind of jackets WE need for an everyday jacket in tropical Asia!

Hi piercingpain,

If your side can come out with the above-mentioned design, I'm sure many people will be interested. I think the main reason for people not buying leather jackets (despite leather being the best protection against abrasion) is that the leather jackets in the market now are too hot, non-water proof and costly. So people rather buy cheaper, more practical alternatives (mesh, Goretex, Cordura, etc.).

Those expensive brands don't have all these features in one jacket. I am puzzled why. Maybe Europe doesn't rain?? Don't anybody want to wear a leather jacket for everyday riding? It seems like they only design the jackets for cold and dry weather :(

c26492.jpg

Is there any perforated leather jacket that comes with removable water-proof inner/outer lining and ventilation vents? I guess this is the kind of jackets WE need for an everyday jacket in tropical Asia!

Hi piercingpain,

If your side can come out with the above-mentioned design, I'm sure many people will be interested. I think the main reason for people not buying leather jackets (despite leather being the best protection against abrasion) is that the leather jackets in the market now are too hot, non-water proof and costly. So people rather buy cheaper, more practical alternatives (mesh, Goretex, Cordura, etc.).

Those expensive brands don't have all these features in one jacket. I am puzzled why. Maybe Europe doesn't rain?? Don't anybody want to wear a leather jacket for everyday riding? It seems like they only design the jackets for cold and dry weather :(

*grins* Thanks for the suggestion man!! I'll suggest it to the company, and see if they can come up with smth like that with one of the designs already up! :)

Btw, if u're scared of cold, then maybe you can check out the red colour leather jacket in my MO.. it's perforated leather but it has a quilt lining for freezing nights.. only thing, like what yohji has pointed out, it's just not fully waterproof with the perforated holes anymore :S

I've also updated the blog and cut down the number of items on it so that MOQ can be reached and ordered faster.. so guys, do support! :p

Btw, I'll be starting a PMO in the MO section soon, so watch out for it (and chat there, so that our friendly mods won't have so much trouble trying to control the MOs!)

The thing abt leather jackets is that, once you ride it through the rain, it's gonna get really heavy.... and soggy. It absorbs water.

So even if you have a waterproof lining underneath, that jacket is gonna be quite uncomfortable to wear later. Until you dry it out completely, that is...

I'd rather wear a raincoat over it. I got a very lightweight RS Taichi that will go over the jacket if it rains.

*grins* Thanks for the suggestion man!! I'll suggest it to the company, and see if they can come up with smth like that with one of the designs already up! :)

Looking forward to it! :thumb:

The thing abt leather jackets is that, once you ride it through the rain, it's gonna get really heavy.... and soggy. It absorbs water.

So even if you have a waterproof lining underneath, that jacket is gonna be quite uncomfortable to wear later. Until you dry it out completely, that is...

I'd rather wear a raincoat over it. I got a very lightweight RS Taichi that will go over the jacket if it rains.

Yah, that's true also. I have a Dainese D-Dry and it soaks up water like a sponge during heavy downpour. So if they can include an ultra thin outer liner with the leather jacket, then it'll be good (best if there is a hidden pocket to keep the liner!). I may sound very greedy but this is what I believe an everyday rider wants from a jacket. All-in-one, don't have to worry about any other things.

:angel:

c26492.jpg

Looking forward to it! :thumb:

Yah, that's true also. I have a Dainese D-Dry and it soaks up water like a sponge during heavy downpour. So if they can include an ultra thin outer liner with the leather jacket, then it'll be good (best if there is a hidden pocket to keep the liner!). I may sound very greedy but this is what I believe an everyday rider wants from a jacket. All-in-one, don't have to worry about any other things.

:angel:

PMO up!!! :D Check it out! I've removed some of the items so that can reach MOQ faster lah.. cos i'm only given 2 mths for this PMO!

hmm.. the ultimate all-in-one-jacket huh? but if the thin outer liner spoils, then the whole jacket will be sort of spoilt.. :S hmm.. perhaps like one of those 'hoodies' that you can fold away at the nape of the jacket, so you can yank it out and cover it over when it's gonna rain? haha. but if water leaks in during a downpour also no choice, will kena right?

PMO up!!! :D Check it out! I've removed some of the items so that can reach MOQ faster lah.. cos i'm only given 2 mths for this PMO!

hmm.. the ultimate all-in-one-jacket huh? but if the thin outer liner spoils, then the whole jacket will be sort of spoilt.. :S hmm.. perhaps like one of those 'hoodies' that you can fold away at the nape of the jacket, so you can yank it out and cover it over when it's gonna rain? haha. but if water leaks in during a downpour also no choice, will kena right?

The outer lining I'm talking about is actually a very thin rain coat. It is not meant to be sewed on to the leather :lol:

So what happens if you can't meet the MOQ? Have you paid them any deposits?

c26492.jpg

The outer lining I'm talking about is actually a very thin rain coat. It is not meant to be sewed on to the leather :lol:

So what happens if you can't meet the MOQ? Have you paid them any deposits?

yea yeah, u're talking abt smth like those rain covers for mountain climbing bags right??

Hmm.. if i can't meet MOQ, then cry and cancel all orders lor :S sighs... nope, no deposits, and the buyers don't pay until i'm abt to order also.. so no one loses. It's just that no one gets their stuff :S including me :(

yea yeah, u're talking abt smth like those rain covers for mountain climbing bags right??

Hmm.. if i can't meet MOQ, then cry and cancel all orders lor :S sighs... nope, no deposits, and the buyers don't pay until i'm abt to order also.. so no one loses. It's just that no one gets their stuff :S including me :(

Something like that ... just for wearing over the leather to block off the water.

So what is the MOQ? 10 pieces for any of the items? I used to deal with corporate gifts from China. Their MOQ is like 5,000 - 10,000 pieces depending on what item.

If the mass order doesn't go through, then go get a jacket from an established brand and treat it as a long-term investment. A good jacket can last for years, and it's good to know that they all went through proper R&D and testing.

:thumb:

c26492.jpg

Something like that ... just for wearing over the leather to block off the water.

So what is the MOQ? 10 pieces for any of the items? I used to deal with corporate gifts from China. Their MOQ is like 5,000 - 10,000 pieces depending on what item.

If the mass order doesn't go through, then go get a jacket from an established brand and treat it as a long-term investment. A good jacket can last for years, and it's good to know that they all went through proper R&D and testing.

:thumb:

oooh.. sounds cool!! i should check it out and see if they have anything like that! :p

Nope! MOQ is 20 per style.. so a bit hard to fulfill.. >.

ayeee.. yeah, if it doesn't go thru then i guess i'll have to do that! But so ex!!! >.

oooh.. sounds cool!! i should check it out and see if they have anything like that! :p

Nope! MOQ is 20 per style.. so a bit hard to fulfill.. >.

ayeee.. yeah, if it doesn't go thru then i guess i'll have to do that! But so ex!!! >.

5,000 - 10,000 pieces is because the items are pens, key chains, torch lights, etc. Haha!

That's right "man". 20 pieces per style. Unless everybody buys the same design.

You can start with mesh jackets from RS Taichi or Komine. IMO, their sizes are more suitable for Asians and they are cheaper, with more features in their jackets, compared to European brands.

MOQ 20 pcs per item. LOL... that is going to be hard to get 20 ppl to agree on a single type of item. :angel:

Especially if its a ladies item. :p

That's very true! Female riders are already hard to come by .. needless to talk about female riders who come into this thread and who are interested in safety gears! Unless they come out with jackets that can double as a fashion kind of thing (can wear it in Orchard Rd or during parties) hehehe. Even I would be interested! :lol:

c26492.jpg

5,000 - 10,000 pieces is because the items are pens, key chains, torch lights, etc. Haha!

That's right "man". 20 pieces per style. Unless everybody buys the same design.

You can start with mesh jackets from RS Taichi or Komine. IMO, their sizes are more suitable for Asians and they are cheaper, with more features in their jackets, compared to European brands.

That's very true! Female riders are already hard to come by .. needless to talk about female riders who come into this thread and who are interested in safety gears! Unless they come out with jackets that can double as a fashion kind of thing (can wear it in Orchard Rd or during parties) hehehe. Even I would be interested! :lol:

haha.. yeah, that's why i reduced the number of items available :p

Hopefully, the ladies will get their stuff - so i can get mine cheap too! (but i might be getting mine with the samples :p) haha.. but most of the ladies jackets look pretty good lah :D

i just wanna ask about some info on fullface helmet. if let's say my fullface helmet is size L and is a bit loose, can i get a different size, M perhaps, of cheekpads and fix it to the existing shell of size L. cos right now, my fullface helmet feels loose after seasoned. not comfortable la.

i just wanna ask about some info on fullface helmet. if let's say my fullface helmet is size L and is a bit loose, can i get a different size, M perhaps, of cheekpads and fix it to the existing shell of size L. cos right now, my fullface helmet feels loose after seasoned. not comfortable la.

Depends on what brand and model your helmet is. Some come in the same shell sizes (the inserts make the difference between S, M, L. S have thinner inserts, L have thicker inserts). Some have different shell sizes (M will have smaller overall shell dimensions, L larger).

If your helmet comes in different shell sizes, then I think changing the inserts might not be of much use (because I suppose the inserts will have the same thickness for all sizes, and the shell of L is already larger than M). So you'll still won't feel snug. You're basically just changing a new set of inserts.

And if you get M inserts (supposed to be thinner) to fit into L helmet (with a larger shell), it'll be even more loose! :lol: You should be getting XL inserts instead. Actually to think of it, the inserts of different sizes might not be able to fit. I think best is to check with the shop. They should know their products :)

Anyone wanna add in more information? And please correct me if I'm wrong :)

c26492.jpg