SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do you gear up when riding?

arthur_chan

Do you gear up when riding?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Do you gear up when riding?

• Yes
    • No

how useful is the waterproof inner lining? do you all use it or prefer to just wear your normal raincoat over?

My RS-Taichi mesh jacket comes with the removable water proof lining. I have used it a few times, in heavy rain. It is light and thin and works great. I just keep it in the back pocket of the jacket when not in use. Don't have to carry another bulky raincoat around.

c26492.jpg

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Umm... well... you can start your search at Motoworld... They should have a wide variety of mesh jackets to choose from...

As for the waterproof inner lining, I really feel that it's too hot for S'pore. I don't use it at all even though it comes together with my other Clover mesh jacket.

i did went to motoworld that's y i know what's left for me.. i didnt ask about those that are not full mesh.. that it make alot of difference? i perspire real easily that's y i only ask those full mesh jackets.. and there's only 2, komine 412 and another 1 is rs taichi.

My RS-Taichi mesh jacket comes with the removable water proof lining. I have used it a few times, in heavy rain. It is light and thin and works great. I just keep it in the back pocket of the jacket when not in use. Don't have to carry another bulky raincoat around.

hi

can you recall the model and how much you bought it for? i am looking for something like that as well..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

i did went to motoworld that's y i know what's left for me.. i didnt ask about those that are not full mesh.. that it make alot of difference? i perspire real easily that's y i only ask those full mesh jackets.. and there's only 2, komine 412 and another 1 is rs taichi.

hi

can you recall the model and how much you bought it for? i am looking for something like that as well..

This is the one I bought: http://www.motoworld.com.sg/detail.php?pid=31. Bought for less than $300 last year around August.

c26492.jpg

This is the one I bought: http://www.motoworld.com.sg/detail.php?pid=31. Bought for less than $300 last year around August.

yikes.. that's well out of my budget. thanks for the reply..

everyone should wear a mesh jacket when riding with proper riding attire. meaning gloves, shoes and jeans or something long to cover ur legs.

i never believed in gearing up for riding. but after last week, i've changed my mind 180degs

what happened to you? you sound like you had an accident..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

yikes.. that's well out of my budget. thanks for the reply..

You can save up mah, now they have credit card instalment plan also. $300 divided by 3-5years of usuage is not so expensive. Invest in a good jacket that can last you for years :)

c26492.jpg

You can save up mah, now they have credit card instalment plan also. $300 divided by 3-5years of usuage is not so expensive. Invest in a good jacket that can last you for years :)

hi! i think the quality of rs taichi is good.. so is komine.. but planning to buy their entry level ones.. and i believe they can last me for quite a few years as well! :cheeky:

i would try to avoid using credit card.. not willing to part $300 for a jacket at the moment..

Umm... maybe trying Chiap Lee and Regina might be your other options. I bought my Clover jacket and previous Rev-It' mech jacket from Chiap Lee.

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

Armored mesh jacket (clover), jeans, knee guards, alpinestars riding shoes, gloves and full face helmet for my pretty face.

i crashed once with sneakers on, while sliding, my sneakers were ground up in shred and i had a bit of rash on my feet. luckily i had good gloves on, otherwise my hands will be ground to the bone.

ff helmet b/c i really don't wanna break my jaw.

is there something else similar to this? but perhaps below $200. interested in buying a good jacket. but the rain factor is also important as i got no space to squeeze another raincoat everytime i go out. so, if can put the water proof lining in the jacket will be great!!

also, i've been looking for a pair of gloves. but i've yet to find the kind that suits me. most gloves have all those extra padding and stuff. and when i wore my friends' gloves, most are uncomfortable though they gives good protection. is there any simple looking and light glove that's also durable enough to withstand abrasions? budget is around $150 though. unless someone tell me might as well buy a $250 one which is much better in quality.

is there something else similar to this? but perhaps below $200. interested in buying a good jacket. but the rain factor is also important as i got no space to squeeze another raincoat everytime i go out. so, if can put the water proof lining in the jacket will be great!!

also, i've been looking for a pair of gloves. but i've yet to find the kind that suits me. most gloves have all those extra padding and stuff. and when i wore my friends' gloves, most are uncomfortable though they gives good protection. is there any simple looking and light glove that's also durable enough to withstand abrasions? budget is around $150 though. unless someone tell me might as well buy a $250 one which is much better in quality.

Try HKL at Bukit Merah, bought a pair at only $55, quite comfy, just a bit stiff at first....

WR200"SM" Rockstar, X1R "BumbleBee", R "Lek Chek" 135, "Ah Pee La" RS 125

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd397/Mandonut/ff514f46.jpg

ive got skidded and i live to elaborate my experience .... I was wearin armoured jacket , jeans and sandals ... wearing an open face helmet ... i skidded at 100km/h .. The wounds that inflicted were my palms , knees and toes .. all skin exposed affected ... Im was dragged about 30m ... Lucky i was wearin my armour jacket .. Or i wld be skinless by now .. though i was wearin jeans my knee also affected as the knee absorb the fall .. so next time must wear knee guard oledi .. So be fully geared if u love ya skin ... cheers

Be humble on the road at all times coz u'll neva noe wen u need any rider's help...

ive got skidded and i live to elaborate my experience .... I was wearin armoured jacket , jeans and sandals ... wearing an open face helmet ... i skidded at 100km/h .. The wounds that inflicted were my palms , knees and toes .. all skin exposed affected ... Im was dragged about 30m ... Lucky i was wearin my armour jacket .. Or i wld be skinless by now .. though i was wearin jeans my knee also affected as the knee absorb the fall .. so next time must wear knee guard oledi .. So be fully geared if u love ya skin ... cheers

Thank god you geared up.. Hope ur ok now.. Ur story reminds me to gear up everytime i ride.. THanks

If I am very sure that it will not rain, I will wear perforated leather jacket.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Phang/DSCN5599.jpg

If I am not sure about the weather, I will wear mesh jacket.

I will put on my rain coat over the mesh jacket and rain pants when it rains. The inner waterproof liner of my mesh jacket is collecting dust in the wardrobe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Phang/DSCN4874.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Phang/3-2.jpg

Wah, I think waterproof jackets are very hot to wear! Umm... I still think mesh jackets are your best bet!

Umm... a budget of $150 for a pair of gloves? No problem at all. The full leather pair of gloves I bought at Motoworld was under $100 and it served me well so far! :thumb: My bf have been using it for quite some time now and it's still just as fine!

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

Glad to hear that you were wearing your armoured jacket. However, try to wear knee guards too and also proper foot wear!

also, i've been looking for a pair of gloves. but i've yet to find the kind that suits me. most gloves have all those extra padding and stuff. and when i wore my friends' gloves, most are uncomfortable though they gives good protection.

For comfort, you'd want kangaroo leather.

He who hesitates is lost!

I never believed in knee guards until I witnessed and heard stories like yours. Still, it took a lof of procrastinating before I eventually yielded to common sense. Thanks for sharing. You affirm the reasons all of us wear our gears (and influence me to do so more consistently :angel:).

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

I am not very sure if there is other jackets with the same functionality and is under $200. You need to check it out at MotorWorld (for RS-Taichi or Komine) or Regina (for Alpinestar). Alpinestar also has something similar but I think it'll be more expensive cause it's ang moh brand hehe. I prefer Jap brand because the fitting is more suitable for Asians and I am not very big sized. I have a Dainese jacket and it's loose (already the smallest size!) .. doesn't fit so well for me. For $150 you can get RS-Taichi GP-One full length full leather gloves. I am using them now. Feels safe and comfortable because it's full length and full leather, with carbon fiber knuckles.

http://img4.rivercrane.jp/catalogue/10047/nxt048bk.jpg

c26492.jpg

guys wearing the gear out to the malls perhaps is the nly way to safe guard your property cuz there are 'inspectors' at many places that you park your bike at, and they will help you 'inspect' your box and 'reduce' your load of any valuables (like jackets, raincoats or even street directory or a $4 led torch). You'll know once the 'inspector(s)' have visited your vehicle and 'taxed you'. These guys ruin your sense of keeping your belogings in the bike. I hope to find these guys someday and give them an orthopedic therapy session. because of that i dont keep a box by bike anymore.

I am guilty of not using a FF or a mesh jacket. But i always ride with long pants and covered footwear. I am looking to buy some gloves and FF and a jacke/vest. Knowing all the gear in the world will never be enough to save my life but my way of riding is the only sense of security that i have against being part of the road.

Just my 2 cents worth

Do you really want to take off your jacket, zip on the waterproof lining, then put on the jacket again whenever it rains?

I tried that afew times, end up I just wear a raincoat over the riding jacket.

perhaps lemme try first? see how much hassle it is.. cos no box. no place to keep raincoat. unless eat up my own bag space.

Try HKL at Bukit Merah, bought a pair at only $55, quite comfy, just a bit stiff at first....

model?

For comfort, you'd want kangaroo leather.

which brand to recommend? price range?

Wah, I think waterproof jackets are very hot to wear! Umm... I still think mesh jackets are your best bet!

Umm... a budget of $150 for a pair of gloves? No problem at all. The full leather pair of gloves I bought at Motoworld was under $100 and it served me well so far! :thumb: My bf have been using it for quite some time now and it's still just as fine!

agree la. waterproof jacket is stuffy. but good in keeping warm during the cold night. sigh... still wondering what's the perfect jacket for me.