SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

(Q)

Guys, rite now im having problems with my bike.

2 weeks ago i encountered that my bike got no "power". Wat i meant is that whenever i ride, i cant increase the speed (the maximum speed is 70km/hr) and also i encountered that the "timer" is incorrect. I had changed my plug and servise my carburator together with setting a week ago but it's still the same.

pls advise.

Model : Super 4 Spec 3

Milleage: 28000

Edited by V-tec rider

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Q)

Guys, rite now im having problems with my bike.

2 weeks ago i encountered that my bike got no "power". Wat i meant is that whenever i ride, i cant increase the speed (the maximum speed is 70km/hr) and also i encountered that the "timer" is incorrect. I had changed my plug and servise my carburator together with setting a week ago but it's still the same.

pls advise.

Model : Super 4 Spec 3

Milleage: 28000

2 years bike with average mileage also have this problem ah. pls tell us wats the problem if u got it. hope its not a big problem.

women are always the best goalkeeper

Hi, i need some advice on a problem that i m facing.

My spec 3 loses power while riding the speedo drops to zero and my vtec have doesn't kick in easily need to really throttle a lot to force the vtec to kick in.

The bike shops i went to really can't figure wat is the actual problem.

The problem is intermittent. And also once the speedo drops zero a while later it will show the speed i travelling and vtec kick in but not like what it used to be. please can anyone advice me its really making me miss the joy in the ride.

Hi, i need some advice on a problem that i m facing.

My spec 3 loses power while riding the speedo drops to zero and my vtec have doesn't kick in easily need to really throttle a lot to force the vtec to kick in.

The bike shops i went to really can't figure wat is the actual problem.

The problem is intermittent. And also once the speedo drops zero a while later it will show the speed i travelling and vtec kick in but not like what it used to be. please can anyone advice me its really making me miss the joy in the ride.

You may want to check your oil pressure sensor since Vtec kick in mode is activated by it..even your eo level. Hope you are not using crank case breather.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

hi bro albert bro, i did face the same problem as urs, for me i go change the speedo sensor thingy, which cost me 90 bucks. i heard alot of ppl saying that tis is the mainly problem for spec 3 correct me if i'm wrong. hope tis would help u ya !

Sounds like a solution to Albert's problem. :cool:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

ya, OF COURSE ! especially when i was in the highway, sudden drop to zero den bound back to the speed i riding. bro, i heard if the speedo sensor u nv change, keep drag, later the whole speedo spoil u will cost a bomb.that's wat i heard not to scare u. haha. You can go find ah huat to nego the price, he's the incharge there. i change at southern 90 bucks at redhill there. hope tis could help u. =D

good morning guys. got myself a spec 2 yesterday and i find that the clutch is very near and quite difficult to engage to other gears. normally when engage only use a little bit force but i need to do it with some force.

check with the previous owner he say probably need to change clutch cable. is this the case? or do i need to change E.O?

if this is the case, how much to change a clutch cable? what E.O do you guys recommend?

Aug'06 - Jul'07 ; KRR 150

Jul'07 - Nov'07 ; Public Transport

Nov'07 - Jan'11 ; Spark 135

Feb'09 - May'11 ; Super Four VTEC II

May'11 - Mar'12 ; FZ1S'10

Jul'14 ; X-1R

good morning guys. got myself a spec 2 yesterday and i find that the clutch is very near and quite difficult to engage to other gears. normally when engage only use a little bit force but i need to do it with some force.

check with the previous owner he say probably need to change clutch cable. is this the case? or do i need to change E.O?

if this is the case, how much to change a clutch cable? what E.O do you guys recommend?

Clutch cable don't really need to change. If it is well-oiled, it can probably outlast the COE. Adjustment is required.

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

ya, OF COURSE ! especially when i was in the highway, sudden drop to zero den bound back to the speed i riding. bro, i heard if the speedo sensor u nv change, keep drag, later the whole speedo spoil u will cost a bomb.that's wat i heard not to scare u. haha. You can go find ah huat to nego the price, he's the incharge there. i change at southern 90 bucks at redhill there. hope tis could help u. =D

Hmmm... there is only one ah huat I know that is my trusty mechanic but he is not at Redhill. Good to hear that the sensor solve the problem. :)

How time flies...

mayb can try adjusting ur biting point?

Clutch cable don't really need to change. If it is well-oiled, it can probably outlast the COE. Adjustment is required.

thanks bros. clutch cable was indeed worn out. changed a new one at everything is alright now. thanks for the info bros. cheers !

Aug'06 - Jul'07 ; KRR 150

Jul'07 - Nov'07 ; Public Transport

Nov'07 - Jan'11 ; Spark 135

Feb'09 - May'11 ; Super Four VTEC II

May'11 - Mar'12 ; FZ1S'10

Jul'14 ; X-1R

I am posting this after my wife and me almost met with an accident due to a careless, reckless, rude and an arrogant lady driver.(grey Honda fit license no: SJK 6310 P). it was 11.35am today, both of us somehow manage to escape an accident but we r still in trauma reeling from that incident.

I was travelling along clementi road going from maju camp heading towards Ngee Ann poly. I was negotiating the left hand bend after maju camp coming towards the SIM entrance/exit slip road(slope).i was riding in the center lane out the 3 lanes. from about 150m I could see 2 cars waiting to turn into clement road from SIM slip road. Anticipating the 1st car will turn into the left most lane I kept slightly more to the right side of the center just in case the driver makes a wide turn.

So while the 1st car made a proper turn into the left lane,the 2nd car(Honda) was impatient and made turn right into the center lane trying to overtake the 1st car. At this point of time I was directly behind the Honda just inches away from hitting the car and sounded my horn. i never thought that the driver will make such a reckless turn even without looking at the traffic.

Her offence,

1. Violated traffic rules by turning into the center lane when she was suppose to turn into the left lane following behind the 1st car.

2. Violated traffic rules by trying to overtake the 1st car while making a turn from a minor road to a major road.

3. Violated traffic rules by not even checking against the oncoming traffic whether its safe to turn.

At this point of time I had to react so quickly to avoid an accident I had to take my chances and swerve into the right lane even without looking as there was little time to react and look into my mirror. Luckily there was no other vehicle on that lane. Even after all this happened the Honda driver did not even acknowledge his mistake by at least putting his/her hand out to say sorry. Instead the driver sped up. Outraged by the drivers actions I followed the car and came side by side to have visual with the driver. I managed to look at the lady driver but she intentionally looked away and drove even faster now. I so furious by her actions now and followed behind her. She had to stop at the junction near albert park. I went beside her and said “hello” at least 3 times. But she refused to look at me. I then knocked her window. Now said looked at me and unwillingly lowered her window.

I asked her,” don’t know how to drive is it? how can you turn into the 2nd lane? My wife and me could have got into an accident!”

Then came the most annoying reply from her, “Why cannot is it?!” and closed her window with her music so loud. She failed to realize that she could have got us into an accident and at the same time be so arrogant. My blood was boiling by now and used vulgar words and pointed my middle finger at her. Come on she had the cheek to argue her lost case and not even courteous. How can I remain like a gentlemen figure and say nothing? These type of drivers are dangerous on the road with their reckless driving and don’t seem to value other people’s life by driving in the manner this lady driver did.

I am posting this after my wife and me almost met with an accident due to a careless, reckless, rude and an arrogant lady driver.(grey Honda fit license no: SJK 6310 P). it was 11.35am today, both of us somehow manage to escape an accident but we r still in trauma reeling from that incident.

I was travelling along clementi road going from maju camp heading towards Ngee Ann poly. I was negotiating the left hand bend after maju camp coming towards the SIM entrance/exit slip road(slope).i was riding in the center lane out the 3 lanes. from about 150m I could see 2 cars waiting to turn into clement road from SIM slip road. Anticipating the 1st car will turn into the left most lane I kept slightly more to the right side of the center just in case the driver makes a wide turn.

So while the 1st car made a proper turn into the left lane,the 2nd car(Honda) was impatient and made turn right into the center lane trying to overtake the 1st car. At this point of time I was directly behind the Honda just inches away from hitting the car and sounded my horn. i never thought that the driver will make such a reckless turn even without looking at the traffic.

Her offence,

1. Violated traffic rules by turning into the center lane when she was suppose to turn into the left lane following behind the 1st car.

2. Violated traffic rules by trying to overtake the 1st car while making a turn from a minor road to a major road.

3. Violated traffic rules by not even checking against the oncoming traffic whether its safe to turn.

At this point of time I had to react so quickly to avoid an accident I had to take my chances and swerve into the right lane even without looking as there was little time to react and look into my mirror. Luckily there was no other vehicle on that lane. Even after all this happened the Honda driver did not even acknowledge his mistake by at least putting his/her hand out to say sorry. Instead the driver sped up. Outraged by the drivers actions I followed the car and came side by side to have visual with the driver. I managed to look at the lady driver but she intentionally looked away and drove even faster now. I so furious by her actions now and followed behind her. She had to stop at the junction near albert park. I went beside her and said “hello” at least 3 times. But she refused to look at me. I then knocked her window. Now said looked at me and unwillingly lowered her window.

I asked her,” don’t know how to drive is it? how can you turn into the 2nd lane? My wife and me could have got into an accident!”

Then came the most annoying reply from her, “Why cannot is it?!” and closed her window with her music so loud. She failed to realize that she could have got us into an accident and at the same time be so arrogant. My blood was boiling by now and used vulgar words and pointed my middle finger at her. Come on she had the cheek to argue her lost case and not even courteous. How can I remain like a gentlemen figure and say nothing? These type of drivers are dangerous on the road with their reckless driving and don’t seem to value other people’s life by driving in the manner this lady driver did.

this kind of drivers are all around. i know its easier said than done, but try to calm down before engaging in a chase that will lead to you riding dangerously. esp if your loved 1 is the pillon. i might very well reacted the same way as you did, but not when my gf is my pillon.

and remember, esp to lady drivers, nv use the middle finger.

i always encounter dangerous driving on the road as well.

ride safe bro, cheers.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

yes bro u r right i shd have controlled my emotions.wat caused me to blow my head was the way she responded.i think these type of people do not even deserve to be called human let alone she being a lady.

yes bro u r right i shd have controlled my emotions.wat caused me to blow my head was the way she responded.i think these type of people do not even deserve to be called human let alone she being a lady.

Lady drivers are the worst drivers in my opinion. That's because they always take for granted and this is already impregnated in their minds, that others will always give way to them. I'd never respect them anyway.

Honestly, at 1 time before, my wife also tried to "squeeze" in between 2 cars. I scolded her for being so irresponsible and trying her luck to see if the other car will give way to her. I told her that she should have slowed down or even to stop if necessary, instead of "squeezing" through. I also told her that the next time, she may not be so lucky and may get into an accident. Hence, I told her not to try her luck again the next time, or she may regret.

hi bros. how do you know when vtec is open?

Hmm, when you ride beyond 6,000 RPM and the exhuast gets louder and there's a sudden surge in power?

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg

Hmm, when you ride beyond 6,000 RPM and the exhuast gets louder and there's a sudden surge in power?

Can't really feel it. The sudden surge is very minor, you need to really concentrate.

Alright, one question. What are the two lil round round thing that can be "pulled" out from below the seat.Don't know how to explain. Near the back seat.

What is it about driving cars that makes you all such assholes?:gun:

Can't really feel it. The sudden surge is very minor, you need to really concentrate.

Alright, one question. What are the two lil round round thing that can be "pulled" out from below the seat.Don't know how to explain. Near the back seat.

As for the surge when vtec open is you on stock endcan wont feel much but with FS and jet kit you can feel the kick. Syiok but abit too much when accelerating out of a corner on wet grounds...:(

The two round things are for securing cargo. :thumb:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"