SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

I always experience this every other day when I actually rode for quite a prolonged distance. My science isn't that good but its precisely that everything is working fine that parts other than the engine gets hot. When the coolant absorbs heat from the engine and when the fan actually blows then the heat is dissipated from the engine and radiator to other parts against the run of traffic. Anyway my opinion is that its very normal. So not to worry.

:gun: My Rides -

2001 to 2002 - Husqvarna CR125

2002 to 2004 - Yamaha RXZ135

2004 to 2006 - Honda CB400 Vtec1

2008 to Present - Honda CB400 Vtec1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always experience this every other day when I actually rode for quite a prolonged distance. My science isn't that good but its precisely that everything is working fine that parts other than the engine gets hot. When the coolant absorbs heat from the engine and when the fan actually blows then the heat is dissipated from the engine and radiator to other parts against the run of traffic. Anyway my opinion is that its very normal. So not to worry.

R u sure its ok?

If tats the case can we actually reduce the heatness?

We cant be riding wif our legs wide open!!!!! Rite?

Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

Yes agree with you on this. Also will need to monitor the Temp gauge. If for example, the temperate is at 80 and one day you ride its at 100, then something is wrong. It could be coolant no longer effective or leakage or need top up or others.

R u sure its ok?

If tats the case can we actually reduce the heatness?

We cant be riding wif our legs wide open!!!!! Rite?

One way is to use better coolants. Or maybe put up heat shields? A more expensive solution is to change to a bigger radiators.

Engine Oil does play apart in removing heat. From my observant, using Thin EO tends to make the outer temperature hotter. Thus heat kena leg.

Anyway, when riding motorcycle, shouldn't we be properly attired? No slippers, no shorts. So I guess the best answer is to wear shoes and jeans....confirm won't feel much of the heat.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

Yes agree with you on this. Also will need to monitor the Temp gauge. If for example, the temperate is at 80 and one day you ride its at 100, then something is wrong. It could be coolant no longer effective or leakage or need top up or others.

One way is to use better coolants. Or maybe put up heat shields?

My RPM so far its normal...... No difference.....

But u say put on heat shields?

Maybe i must put on a thicker trousers when riding......

My RPM so far its normal...... No difference.....

But u say put on heat shields?

Maybe i must put on a thicker trousers when riding......

Juz an idea...will be ridiculous if not put up nicely. On a fairing bike, no prob with this idea...on a naked bike......hmmmmm.....i dunno the outcome.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

Juz an idea...will be ridiculous if not put up nicely. On a fairing bike, no prob with this idea...on a naked bike......hmmmmm.....i dunno the outcome.

To me its the same.... Put on a thick trousers like those cargo pants still feel hot....

Feel funny must open the leg bigger a bit....:angel:

i thought the only time the meter swipe is when u turn on the ignition.. when u crank the starter, it should not.. if it did, might be ur battery already weak.. 2cents from my own experience..

Hmm, so which is which? Does it mean when the meter swipe when starter is pressed means the battery is weak?

go to planet motor and let doc chong to give a diagnosis.

IMO, its either carbon starter or batt

Thanks! Just came back from there. Changed my battery! Problem solved :)

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg

To me its the same.... Put on a thick trousers like those cargo pants still feel hot....

Feel funny must open the leg bigger a bit....:angel:

Yeah and the image i have in my head of u in a spiderman suit with legs wide open riding a S4 is really funny... lol...

Really, i believe its very normal that the tank gets hot after a while of riding.. The heat from the engine is transferred to the tank and petrol, making it hot... you'll especially feel the heat when the tank is half going almost empty.. because naturally petrol is cool.. you do get the idea rite?

:gun: My Rides -

2001 to 2002 - Husqvarna CR125

2002 to 2004 - Yamaha RXZ135

2004 to 2006 - Honda CB400 Vtec1

2008 to Present - Honda CB400 Vtec1

Yeah and the image i have in my head of u in a spiderman suit with legs wide open riding a S4 is really funny... lol...

Really, i believe its very normal that the tank gets hot after a while of riding.. The heat from the engine is transferred to the tank and petrol, making it hot... you'll especially feel the heat when the tank is half going almost empty.. because naturally petrol is cool.. you do get the idea rite?

Ya got wat u mean....

As for the spiderman.... I like spiderman but in the avatar pic is not me lah.... :angel:

Try riding with Bermudas ! :angel:

BT

Guys,

U noe wats the reason y the tank feels hot in between our legs?

Its after a long distance than the hotness appear.....

Sometimes i cant stand it till i hv to open up my 2 legs cos its too hot.....

Anybody noes the reason?

Is it because of coolen? :?:?:?

Whatever it is, it's better in the wind :)

i also encounter like tat. to mi i find tat the engine is hot, den fan on, blows the wind backwards, tats y all the hot wind will go behind and come out ard our legs area. but to mi i also find it very uncomfaortable especially if i ride for ard 30 mins or more. no choice. haha

Hi guys..i am having this problem when i am riding, i can felt my chain has a ticking sound. Like riding on white strips on the road..i jus change my tires and then got this problem. i have change my bearings too but same problem..please advise fellow S4 riders...

ElfTech

S4 Vtec 3

|---------------------| |___

|-- BMW Racing------| ||'|";,__.

|_..._...___________| ||_|_|...,]

"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@

When u moving off or accelerate the ticking sound seem to be obvious aight?When was the last time u change ur chain and sprocket? probably need to change it...nothing to do with bearing and tire...

base on my opinion and knowledge though....Maybe rite maybe wrong....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/khairul/siggy%20editor/Yishundam.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

spocs..still got teeth..i forgotten when i last change..nver need to tighten it..i maintain it quite well..clearing the grease with GT 85 once in a while..being useing maxima chain lube too...but is it possible that the chain and spocs will have all these symptoms (like my current problem) if the spocs r wearing off??

the problem starts straight after i change my rear tire..isit possible that the mechanic have damage it ? coz the chains was twisted when he change the rear tire

Yeah once the sprocket worn off or spoil....it will usually produce this ticking sound or more like knocking sound...hmm since u say that it happen after u change ur tire...then i think u better go back to the mechanic...probably he did not fix it properly...causing ur sprocket to vibrate....

anyway if bike is still smooth and still balancing well while riding...and handling is not a problem... then i believe is the sprocket...Get it check soon....scared other things surface more cialat....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/khairul/siggy%20editor/Yishundam.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

roughly how much is a Vtec3 1st hand?

thinking of buying one leh...but don't know 1st and or 2nd hand

if 2nd hand got anyone interested in selling??

Don't think there are any new Vtec 3 now. All Revos!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg