SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all my s4 frz. those who wan to try castrol synthetic 4t oil can pm me, i can get cheaper then blike shop. free to pm & ask. WHY USE A SYNTHETIC?

Synthetic lubricants are engineered to do the job of a conventional lubricant - but they do it much, much better. Think of them as bionic lubricants, if you will! Though a bit more costly to produce and, therefore, more expensive to buy, these "super lubricants" can actually save you money in the long run.

The primary function of motor oil is to provide lubrication between moving metal parts in the engine. The friction caused by these parts when they move together creates high levels of heat that cause damage unless a lubricant is introduced to the mechanism. A lubricant will smooth the surfaces and enable the parts to move freely against one another with reduced friction and, consequently, reduced wear and heat. This is a function that conventional motor oil can perform quite well but a synthetic can perform far better.

All lubricants fall into one of three categories: liquid (oil), semiliquid (grease), and solid (graphite). All three are derived from vegetable, mineral, or synthetic base stock. However, were these raw materials alone used to lubricate modern, high-precision machinery; they would quickly overheat, catch fire, evaporate or emulsify. To guard against this, all lubricants are doctored to a certain extent - processed to remove impurities and bolstered with chemical additives. Synthetic lubricants, however, are manufactured specifically to stand up to the severe conditions under which conventional oils might falter. They are designed to possess viscosity characteristics superior to those of mineral oils. The resulting lubricants have a molecular structure that is tailored to meet and often exceed manufacturers' criteria for high-performance engines.

Among the many performance advantages that synthetic lubricants offer is their ability to remain stable at high temperatures (under which conventional oils can begin to breakdown) and remain fluid at very low temperatures (under which conventional oils begin to thicken). This provides optimum lubrication at extreme temperatures, reduces wear and tear, and makes for a cleaner, more efficient engine. Synthetics are sometimes mixed with conventional oils to produce a cost-effective middle ground between the two, referred to as a "blend." However, while blends and conventional oils are both capable lubricants, there is no contest when it comes to which type of oil does the best job. For the highest level of engine protection, synthetics like Castrol Syntec come out on top every time.

Edited by LEO77

recently i can hear soft tick tick sound while idling ~

izzit my timing chain loose need to change le ?

i saw at unique forum it cos $450 is a package where they change timing chain , tensional , EO and coolant ~

and it takes about 7-10days ?

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

i saw at unique forum it cos $450 is a package where they change timing chain , tensional , EO and coolant ~

do check with others before acting.. something what u heard is not actually what u thought :) just to share

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

guys. im new to s4. now my pipe, 2 hot and 2 not really hot while i warm up engine. tat means i have to go for tuning or wash carb? pls advice. thx!!!

maybe some faulty at spark plugs or related to that

LICENCES

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

Does it get louder nd faster as you rev up? I got this problem awhile back. Turns out I didn't tighten the exhaust pipe connection to the engine properly after taking them out to polish. The uncle at planet motors at first say my exhaust gasket is gone, then he tried tighten the nuts and ask me "why so loose?" after that no more sound. Maybe you should try that first

do check with others before acting.. something what u heard is not actually what u thought :) just to share

bit hard to check cos its quite randomly sometimes when i ride short distance there wont be that tick sound ~_~

Does it get louder nd faster as you rev up? I got this problem awhile back. Turns out I didn't tighten the exhaust pipe connection to the engine properly after taking them out to polish. The uncle at planet motors at first say my exhaust gasket is gone, then he tried tighten the nuts and ask me "why so loose?" after that no more sound. Maybe you should try that first

no it doesnt get louder when i rev up ~

and not always got the sound, only after riding for like 10km or further .....

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

Where does your tick sound coming from? If it's from the engine area, means you need to do valve clearance. Not that important though, can wait abit. For me I kiasu, I got tick sound when cold start and did valve clearance for $120 and problem was solved.

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

Where does your tick sound coming from? If it's from the engine area, means you need to do valve clearance. Not that important though, can wait abit. For me I kiasu, I got tick sound when cold start and did valve clearance for $120 and problem was solved.

valve clearance @ $120, does it include replace coolant, EO, gaskets, etc?

LICENCES

$120 is cheap , where u do it ? @@

it cost $350 at unique and it takes 3-5days

now the problem is that it happens too random ~_~ 1/5 rides

think wait till it gets more frequent than i go bike shop -.- if not they also cannot troubleshoot

another weird problem is that sometimes my bike cannot start once in a week, and i have to switch on high-beam than can start -.- have changed coil rect batt ~ went to 2 bike shop they also cannot find out the prob

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

Ok let me clarify. $120 including gasket only. And pray hard nothing needs to be changed.

As for my case, nothing needs to be changed and they just did for me and true enough, no more tick tick sound already. = )

Did it at republic motors...

Was told that there's a difference between tick tick sound during cold start and tick tick sound when clutching in. Both different things. For my bike clutch in no tick tick sound. The sound only come when during cold start. Hope that helps.

$120 for valve clearance? that's cheap. i think maybe your bike is still quite new so you don't really have to replace the shims. probably you just paid for labour only.

Mine FZ plate with 85,000+km done. I just ride normally. Seldom speed, seldom open vtec, seldom full throttle when moving from stationary etc. Hehe